Author Topic: Sexuality / Homosexuality  (Read 23162 times)

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9026
  • Meow
Sexuality / Homosexuality
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:35:14 pm »
Debate anything about sexuality. If it is morally wrong or not, ect.

[4/10/2014 8:28:39 PM] †eneßrae: hey mio, if you had to do bestiality what would you do it with
[4/10/2014 8:28:45 PM] Miosio: your mother
[4/10/2014 8:28:50 PM] 1cec0ld: lol
[4/10/2014 8:28:51 PM] Daaron: heyo

Ad...

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
Re: Sexuality / Homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:49:28 pm »
Why not let gays get married. Help with adoption, n the world population. Even if  Arceus  exists and doesn't like Gays, just because they are married its not like hes going to let them in. lmfao So why get pissed about it now? Let people be happy, what does it matter. Life is too short to worry about such trivial things.  8)

CKDavid

• Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
Meh, let 'em do what they want, why should I care if you're gay or not? That's what I say.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:06:22 am »
I agree with zombie. Allowing gay marriage helps with alot of our current problems. And if youve got a problem with it, then your a homophobe

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:08:00 am »
And to help with what zombie said. ' Arceus  loves each and everyone of you' -  This includes gays meaning the people who say that  Arceus  hates gay people and therefore gay marriage should not be legalized etc. are basically using religion to disguise the face that they are homophobes.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »
And to help with what zombie said. ' Arceus  loves each and everyone of you' -  This includes gays meaning the people who say that  Arceus  hates gay people and therefore gay marriage should not be legalized etc. are basically using religion to disguise the face that they are homophobes.

Wrong. If I may quote a religious man off of Yahoo answers, lol:

Arceus  does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that a person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for then to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Meow
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:38:58 pm »

Arceus  does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that a person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for then to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.

First of all, this would be two debates..religion and homosexuality, since, as you may know, I dont beilive in a  Arceus  so for your claim that a  Arceus  made people to not have homosexual desires you would have to state the argument that there is a  Arceus  to create people. And second let me quote something that ive heard awhile ago
even if it was only a desire, not love only a sexual desire, "why would people put themselves though all that shit, discrimination, beatings, and sometimes death for simply a "desire"" not an exact quote but you know..
Sex is not love and sex is the desire we are talking about. If it was only a desire then we could have sex in private with another person but gay people want to not only have sex (the desire) but love the same sex, they can not help who they are attracted to as much as you a stright man can not help that you like girls.

[4/10/2014 8:28:39 PM] †eneßrae: hey mio, if you had to do bestiality what would you do it with

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 02:19:24 am »

Ya because a couple thousand year old book, thats survived millions of book burnings, corrupted church leaders, about how if you dont burn a cow every sunday or trim the hair from your temples your going to hell. Oh and if your neighbors dont you stone them to death. Old testament  8)  should tell us how to live. Even tho the fact you can see stays at night proves the bible is wrong about how old the world is. Then we can go on to argue that the old testament isn't accurate thats why theres new testament. But then it just means your changing religions on a mass scale. But then didn't Jesus Die for our sins so we can live life as free people? So that means He died for the sins of the gays, so they can be....Gay? Oh wow. Did that just blow your fucking mind. Jesus loves the gays so much he Died for them. Also, the hell you doing pulling up a quote from the bible. lol does say in the Torah though"You shall not lie with a man as in lying with a woman." (Lev. 18: 22 and 20: 13)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 08:32:45 am »
I only brought up religion because Archie did. In no way am I supporting that side, it was merely showing he was wrong. If you look at it, there's no difference between homosexuality, murder, love, or any human action. Yes, they all give different outcomes, but each of them HAVE outcomes. And religion tells us to not perform certain actions. How the bible picked homosexuality to be bad but playing soccer to be okay? I dont know.

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Meow
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:06 pm »
If you look at it, there's no difference between homosexuality, murder, love, or any human action. Yes, they all give different outcomes, but each of them HAVE outcomes.
Thats just proving its something we can do. We all have the ablity to do actions (have to say duh) But actually I disagree. Some people can do homosexual things without being gay . If you are not gay you dont have the ablity to BE a homosexual, even if technecly you can still do the actions (like them or not). Also "love" isnt an action, its an emotion dealing with chemicals. You can DO actions to show your love but "love" in it self is not an action.

In my opionon SOME people do use the bible to be homophobic, some dont and accept them as who they are. I think people like to pick and choose what they, or who they want to be sinful. There is ALOT of stuff in the bible that says we shouldnt do, such as eat shellfish (could give more expamples if you want) but we dont protest outside of red lobster. People are scared of what they dont understand and will use their relgion to inforce their dislike with their relgion. Just like they did with slavery and intergrated marrage.

sorry for the spelling and grammer. know its horrid.

Rigby

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:27 pm »
Not going to say anything but eventually with a sexuality debate it's going to go into religion. Can't stop it.

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 01:03:39 am »
Not going to say anything but eventually with a sexuality debate it's going to go into religion. Can't stop it.

Implying we havn't already hit religion

Rigby

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »
I thought I saw someone say how we should keep religion out of the debate, even though religion is probably half the debate itself.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:04 am »
Just wanna say it. Because of the HUMAN factor in all life there is no way of even determining the validity of the bible. Also translation of that book is sooo different between translators I feel that any "hidden" meaning in the text can simply be a misiterpritation. We also have to consider the time in which the bible was written. Things were endlessly different then and something said then wont be 100% applicable today. No one religion is 100% true. It cant be simply because of human error. We can only participate in the religion that is easiest for us to understand and agree with and comply to the rules put in place by that religion.

If this country was founded on religion (Christian mostly) then this country's laws have to reflect that. If we choose to challege that then the law must be re written and a new government put into place and the laws must be rewritten. Do we still put our hand on a Bible to swear into Government offices? Do we pledge allegence to the flag under  Arceus ? Then why do we try to undercut our country's beliefs and go against  Arceus 's commandment to support gay marriage? Just sayin.

Also no offence to non US peoples  ;D
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

DjScorsy

• Cool Trainer
  • Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -1
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:44 pm »
Gays are gay