Author Topic: Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (kanto)  (Read 9060 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (kanto)
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:06:46 pm »
To stop the onslaught of the same question 50 million times ive decided to make this post here

Rules to gyms of course vary greatly however here are some rules ALL Kanto gyms must oblige by:

1. You may have no more than THREE challenges for your gym courses.

2. No parkour (jumping courses).

3. You may NOT use diamond tools or armor in your gyms.

4. You may not limit weapon type, only material type. eg You may use no greater than stone weapons (allowing anything from a block, wood weapon, stone weapon, or a bow.) or iron weapons (everything listed previously + iron weapons (sword, axe) and unarmed.

5. If you log off DURING a challenge you do owe the challenger $500. this means if you leave with a challenger actually in the course, not someone saying "hey i challenge you"

6. You may allow a wait time to having someone re-challenging up to a max of 3 hours. The time has to be set, you cant make someone you dont like wait while allowing others to rechallenge directly after or with a shortened wait time. favoritism isn't cool.

7.If your gyms allow wolves, you may not have more than 4 wolves for your fight.

8. You ARE allowed to limit other things, such as items (enderpearls, food, potions ect.) and enchants(this means allowing or disallowing enchants, not specific enchant types, furhtermore you can say enchanted armor only, or enchant weapon only, but not enchant swords only ect.).

9.If the gym fight results in a tie, the challenger recieves the badge. Ties are impossible with death messages.

10. if the challenger dies, course or battle, you must returns his items. (items falling in fire or lava ofcourse cancels out this rule). Arrows Included

11. As a gymleader if you have any problems with your course or arena and want to remodel you must first have held the position for more than 1 week and than recieve admin approval for a remodel.

12. as a gymleader if you choose a co leader, you do not become the boss of him, you are each partners and cannot "fire" him if you decide you do not like him.

13.You cannot recieve payments for anything in your gym. example : nerfs of course, accepting challenges, selling badge. ect.

14. you cannot give out your badge to anyone who has not beaten you and your course.

15. If you are a gymleader and wish to get your own badge, you must challenge your co-leader, and do your own course prior to the fight, if you do not have a co-leader you may ask an admin to fill in as a gymleader for your challenge.

Im sure there are some things ive forgotten and i will edit later as i remember. anything anyone would like to add just tell me and ill edit it in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:47:03 pm by 1cec0ld »
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Rules For Gyms and gym leaders
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »
List how unarmed = iron weapons and bow = stone weapons, thats quite an unknown rule :P

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
List how unarmed = iron weapons and bow = stone weapons, thats quite an unknown rule :P

does rule 4 not cover that well enough?
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:25:06 pm »
Sorry, it was a bit unclear. I didnt read it properly :P

Vithrus

• Fuchsia Leader
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 2
  • Elite 4
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:30 pm »
Oddy you the man just like ali with the servr faq. Think you covered it all, thanks for cllarifications.

bbuc78

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -72
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »
okay i get in oddy! thank you for the notes XD

Doomfollower

• Vermilion Leader
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:48:01 am »
Does this mean im alowed Just Bow and unarmed?
Last time i cheaked it was Ok .
Just want to make sure. :-\

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 06:07:38 am »
What if at age 3 you are kidnapped by a black man in Japan and takes you all the way to Texas and turns you into child prostitution?
Bow and unarmed means your allowing up to iron weapons also.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 02:16:55 am »
Does this mean im alowed Just Bow and unarmed?
Last time i cheaked it was Ok .
Just want to make sure. :-\

if you allow unarmed you allow all weapons up to iron, if you allow bow you allow all weapons up to stone, so you cant deny any weapons in your gym

hp73

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -15
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:29 am »
can someone make a list of rules that apply to j gyms? because person ally i believe this iron=unarmed and stone= bow rule should apply to j gyms as well. anyone disagree?

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »
Be nice =)
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

LilMuffins

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
  • Fuchsia Gym Leader
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »
Thanks for this!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Re: Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (kanto)
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »
Im sure there are some things ive forgotten and i will edit later as i remember. anything anyone would like to add just tell me and ill edit it in.

Note: You actually have to try, making any effort to "throw" the match isn't allowed. Recent events have made it apparent that we need to spell this out.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:43 pm »
Just a reminder that arrows are part of the challenger's equipment. Failure to return them is a breach of rule 10.

swimmy1212

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -1
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:34 pm »
Many gyms have signs out saying they have started keeping arrows, and they aren't allowed to. I even did you not get arrows from one gymleader (i wont say who) this weekend. It needs to be more emphasized I think.