Author Topic: With the addition of new admin(s)...  (Read 11095 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
With the addition of new admin(s)...
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »
Follows suit of admins leaving. I've decide to step down as admin for the pokemonserver. Not a joke, no tricks up the sleeve, just leaving. You may be asking why, or may tell me not to, but I'll happily address all points.

Why?:
I've been admin for about a year and a half or something, probably longer. In the beginning I loved the server. I put all my energy into the server and I love to see it grow. After Johto, I started to lose my love for the server. I had one goal when I had made this server: to make an awesome community. And we had that. Then we got shitty people who made stupid drama. I hate stupid drama. People complain about getting killed and loosing 4 diamonds, or this person harassing them. Rather than deal it themselves, they complain. Of course if you are being tortured then you should ask for help but if someone is simple saying you're stupid, calling you an idiot, ect., most likely you're also being an as sole and contributing to the stupidty of why I hate the current community.

I also feel I'm inactive due to this reason. Some people may say I should just stay admin and attend admin meetings and so on, but I feel that's being hypocritical. I have personally voted to get rid of people in positions of power because they are not dedicated enough. I am doing the same to myself. I vote myself out. I do not deserve the position and more. Past deeds should not suffice for current power.

"Please don't leave! I'll miss you!": fat chance you'll miss me. Admins come and go, people come and go. In a few months, me leaving will not cause you sadness. Why? Because most people here did not create the kind of community I wanted. There are a select few who I have known for years that would be heartbroken if I left them because THEY created a community. Most of you people here polluted it. I try to be nice to everyone and make connections but most people here are blinded by "I want to be admin/mod/gym leader/mcmmo stats" that you ignore the connections we output. Don't think you're not one of these people. When you're not having fun for one second yet yore staying on the server, you're one of them.

"Look, the server is dieing!": Hahahaha no. Like I said, currently I did nothing for the server. This could had been said a long time ago for me but now. Me leaving will literally change nothing. So why should I leave? Because I can't stand to prevent people like me keep their positions in power. Hopefully this acts like a wakeup call. Maybe people will be active. Maybe people will clean up the community. But in any case, me leaving now doesn't matter. I didn't contribute anything. It's like losing your baby teeth. They once did a lot for you, but once there are better things to replace it, it's best to allow them to fall away.

"We hate you! Good riddance!": well, that worked out conviently I suppose.

"八丨宀七丿飛乂𦘒肀": okay.... Yeah.... *smiles and nods*

Sorry for grammar mistakes, I typed this on my phone.

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
Re: With the addition of new admin(s)...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:25 pm »
Well, goodbye Paradox. It was an honor knowing you.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 06:11:14 pm »
Well, goodbye Paradox. It was an honor knowing you.

I honestly appreciate the respect and I feel humble to say I don't deserve such graditude. I reciprocate the feelings. You'll see me on TS though, no worries man. We can still fuck shit up together :P

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »
Hey, once I get updated to Mountain Lion, we'll play a couple rounds of LoL (after somone teaches me how)
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »
Hey, once I get updated to Mountain Lion, we'll play a couple rounds of LoL (after somone teaches me how)

I'm not master but I can try to teach you. Or maybe we can train on the pokemonserver lol. Anything really.

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
You never got to teach me java........
I will miss you Para, you've been here since the start.  :eyes:
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »
Farewell Paradox. It's sad to see you leave, but I suppose it's for the good of the server.

Rigby

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:48:11 pm »
Ah. You had the feeling of uselessness I did whenever I quit.
Well, good luck in your ventures.
You have my number if you need to talk.
Argle blarg.
Bye Paracocks.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »
Paradox, you know, I have to admit, you are probably my favorite person of authority I've ever met. You are cool, smart, hilarious, etc. The list goes on and on. :D

Now, I agree with everything you have to say. This server has had those problems, and you know, I have to say I might be apart of that problem. I've seriously become some people's number one enemy. I'm ashamed of myself...

However, your legacy will never die Paradox. You have created something special. You made not only a server, but a community. You've made some of the finest nostalgic work   I ever seen from someone. I grown ever so slightly because of my time here. And you know, it's all thanks to you. You created what I will remember for the rest of my life: the good times on the server.

I've made friends; new friends; people I enjoy, hang out with, and adore even.

I could never thank you in full for everything you have done.

With that,

Sayonara, Paradox. May we meet again in another lifetime.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »
What have I done...

Paradox

This is my fault.

Alright. This is my fault.

Ok, did I mean what I said? Yes. Did I mean for it to go that far? No.

I just can't accept myself...

if I did all of this.

Wow, I don't belong here any longer.

This was never my intention.

I'm sorry.

But, never forgive me...

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »
You never got to teach me java........
I will miss you Para, you've been here since the start.  :eyes:

I'll teach you java whenever you want me, just ask :P

Farewell Paradox. It's sad to see you leave, but I suppose it's for the good of the server.

Agreed.

Ah. You had the feeling of uselessness I did whenever I quit.
Well, good luck in your ventures.
You have my number if you need to talk.
Argle blarg.
Bye Paracocks.

goodbye Ribeye. How can I forget the guy who gets friendzoned by the chick who thinks he is his soulmate? And knows my darkest secret :P

[Referencing first mario quote]
Like I said before, I don't deserve so much credit. Everyone built the community, not just me. Everyone destroyed the community, including me. But it warms my heart for you to say that so Thank you :D

[Reference second mario quote]
I'm confused. If this is a reference to your admin request and me saying "Okay, I quit admin", it was a joke. A troll joke, yeah. Look at the time stamps, I resigned before I made that post. I just wanted to make one final troll thing :P You're not the reason, my reasons are stated in the OP. :D

Rigby

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 07:08:35 pm »
Yeah.
That was fucked up.

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »
Para , the day I met you on the server was the day that I decided to stick with the server. You were fun loving, cool and never seemed to digress. If in anyway I resulted in you leaving I'm truly sorry in every was imaginable. But anyway I hope we meet again, Para, my pseudo master! (cheers to you if you remember that time ;))

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »
Sigh, I've deleted my post because of that. Oh well, I'm not fit for admin again...

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »
I'll teach you java whenever you want me, just ask :P

That sounds like one of those depressing end of movie lines  :cry:

I made you a skin Para. It's not the best, I kinda screwed it up. I tried to make it  Arceus /admin like, like the one I made for 1ce ( which when i showed him he struck me with lightning) but it looks like you have a full body striper suit on......
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card: