Author Topic: Do too many people take advantage of kindness?  (Read 1928 times)

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
Do too many people take advantage of kindness?
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:24:52 am »
I suppose a lot of things with people hating others is that they're considered 'different'. What I notice is that nice, genuine people are usually pushed to the back or surrounded by people who take advantage of that kindness. Or even both. Of course, it doesn't happen, and there are a few cases when the nice people really are willing to accept anyone, and be accepted.

But that isn't very often.

I've met plenty of kind people in my lifetime, or so I thought; some people turn out to be someone completely different once you get closer and their real personality gets leaked. I knew someone who used to be considered as a nice person; they liked to hold doors open, give things rather than receive (and not taking unless they have something forced onto them, and even so they work to pay them back in some way) and offer to do odd jobs other people don't like. But when they went to high-school, befriended someone who seemed to be nice, only to be pushed into doing more homework for the 'friend' and eventually doing things which weren't that good of an idea. What it was, I'll leave it up to your imagination, but that person had completely changed in the space of one year.

Since they considered their friend real, and were too nice to say otherwise, it dragged on until they snapped and left that friendship group. Now, they're working on their own and afraid to trust people, struggling with self confidence and keeping up a smile despite that. That was not the only instance where I've seen it happen, but even things like people taking requests without a single-person limit ends up with too much to do from one person (I'm not talking about in the passing: I mean all at once, and demanding it soon), or when someone plays the guilt card a little too well.I find it a shame that there would be people out there to take advantage of such a thing, and to bend it into something completely different; tell me, what are you opinions on this?

Do you have any experiences yourself, or of people you know?

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Ad...

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
Re: Do too many people take advantage of kindness?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:09:03 pm »
Ali, you should know who I am talking about here, but Maxewell, or Xaqa.