Author Topic: Is Pacific Rim a copy of Evangelion?  (Read 2359 times)

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
Is Pacific Rim a copy of Evangelion?
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:03:35 am »
First of all, you should know that I'm a huge fan of the Neon Genesis Evangelion series.  If you don't know what it is, it's about 14-year-old children forced to pilot giant cyborgs that fight evil monsters called Angels.  It's set in a post-apocalyptic world where more than half of the human race died out because of an event called the Second Impact.  These angels are trying to reunite with Adam, the First Angel, to cause the destruction of lilim (all life on earth).  Well, back to my story.  I was at the theater last week and the previews of upcoming movies were showing, but one of them caught my eye.  The movie was called Pacific Rim and it is about giant monsters that came from the sea, so humans created giant robots to battle them.  In order to show you the similarities, here's a link to a video with audio from the Pacific Rim trailer and the video from Neon Genesis Evangelion:
Evangelion - Pacific Rim (Trailer)
  P.S. the clips from this video are not from the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series, but they are from the Rebuild of Evangelion series which is still in production
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Ad...

AxZeroCrypt

Re: Is Pacific Rim a copy of Evangelion?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:33:09 am »
off topic question: was the AI in part of the pacific rim trailer, the voice actor for GlaDos?

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:24:13 am »
Yep.  The same voice acor and even the same filter to make her voice sound robotic.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:37 am »
Halo MINI-SPARTANS - Fan Hangout Highlights!

watch this all the way through or until half way, the guy makes an evangelion reference while playing mini spartans, made me tingle inside :3
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:01:35 pm »
Here's an explanation of the world of Evangelion, the angels, and NERV/Gehirn happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g