Author Topic: Controversial Cheerios Ad  (Read 2568 times)

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
Controversial Cheerios Ad
« on: July 17, 2013, 07:43:08 am »

Just Checking

So if you don't get it, this is about inter-racial couples. This wonderful ad features a little girl who wonders about Cheerios and whether it's good for your health. Following an explanation from her Mum, she pours the box of Cheerios over her dad. By the way (and I hope you've been tracking - if you're relying on this description, just watch the video already!) the Mum is white and the dad is black. Is there something wrong with the picture?

The comments were so bad that the video had its comments disabled. And you have to wonder - what is wrong with these people? Cheerios opting not to pull such a controversial video is worth praising too.

By the way, if you're gonna discuss, these awesome kids have an awesome variety of responses that probably top your own.

Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial

I wanna hear your thoughts on the matter.

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Ad...

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Always watching over.
Re: Controversial Cheerios Ad
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »
bump.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »
I don't get why this video is so controversial. I'd get why it might be controversial is it was in the 50s or 60s because of extensive racism during that time, but in the 21st century? That is surprising.   It's very normal these days to have an interracial family and people blew it way out of proportion.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:48:04 pm »
I don't get why this video is so controversial. I'd get why it might be controversial is it was in the 50s or 60s because of extensive racism during that time, but in the 21st century? That is surprising.   It's very normal these days to have an interracial family and people blew it way out of proportion.

Definitely, I agree.
Also, I'd love different opinions from other people.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:25 pm »
Let me say this once: I think interracial marriage is morally right. I think anyone should be able to marry anyone no matter what. But Ali, you appear to want someone who does not agree with this for the sake of debate so I will do my best to represent the opposite thought (WARNING: I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING I AM SAYING). Here's what I found from some research...

Interracial marriage promotes whites and african americans to marry each other, which should not occur. Our founding fathers recognized that there was an obvious difference between the two races and that this should be respected (Yeah, I have no idea why people actually think that's a valid argument...). Furthermore, interracial couples tend to have more domestic violence. This leads to an increase of bad families and tends to make the child lead an unhealthy lifestyle.

If you're religious, the bible doesn't support interracial marriage. The Apostle Paul: Acts 17:24-28:"Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan." Canaanitetes were black people.

Also, itnerracial marriage ruins the identity of a race. By marrying other races, we'll slowly no long have certain races (WTF...)

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:27 pm »
Let me say this once: I think interracial marriage is morally right. I think anyone should be able to marry anyone no matter what. But Ali, you appear to want someone who does not agree with this for the sake of debate so I will do my best to represent the opposite thought (WARNING: I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING I AM SAYING). Here's what I found from some research...

Interracial marriage promotes whites and african americans to marry each other, which should not occur. Our founding fathers recognized that there was an obvious difference between the two races and that this should be respected (Yeah, I have no idea why people actually think that's a valid argument...). Furthermore, interracial couples tend to have more domestic violence. This leads to an increase of bad families and tends to make the child lead an unhealthy lifestyle.

If you're religious, the bible doesn't support interracial marriage. The Apostle Paul: Acts 17:24-28:"Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan." Canaanitetes were black people.

Also, itnerracial marriage ruins the identity of a race. By marrying other races, we'll slowly no long have certain races (WTF...)

That viewpoint is understandable and I appreciate that input Paradox, thank you.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 12:09:20 am »
cant wash your whites with your coloreds
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 02:42:13 am »
dat lil girl at the end doe, she dont care if you are korean and asian, we should all take a moment to reflect
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.