Author Topic: Religion 2.0!  (Read 30554 times)

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
Re: Religion 2.0!
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2014, 01:10:26 pm »
such as 90% of carbon dating methods prove against millions of years
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Ad...

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2014, 01:11:17 pm »
and things that prove against evolution. if you dig into the side opposite of science you will find very valid arguments
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2014, 01:24:28 pm »
such as 90% of carbon dating methods prove against millions of years

The Bible claims that the universe and our world all its creatures were made in 7 days by  Arceus . If it was made in millions of years there would be lots of thing that shouldn't be like they are our moon for example if the earth was anymore than the 10,000 years old like the bible says we wouldn't have one because at the rate it is pulling away from our earth it would have been long gone by now. And the grand canyon in AZ USA scientists have found that if the earth were millions of years old it would be muuch deeper because of erosion
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2014, 01:27:54 pm »
Then life its self if you think about it how does random chance that scientists blame for our creation make the extremely complex life forms we are without divine intervention, random chance does not simply make billions of complex life forms, if we were left to chance we would be a jumbled screwed up mess.
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 01:29:39 pm »
Then the Universe, there is a reason that scientists have never found or will never find other planets with life on them.  Arceus  make our planet the only one able to sustain life
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »
There are lots of things that science can't explain about the origins of earth and the universe that the bible does
- CELADON LEADER

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »
You do realize that you don't have to be a bible-burning atheist to believe in evolution and 4.5-billion-year-old earth stuff, right?  First of all, this is a religion thread, not a science thread.  Carbon-14 dating isn't used for "millions of years old" organisms.  It's used to date recent things because the half-life of carbon-14 is approximately 5,700 years.  After millions of years, there's still just a miniscule amount in an organism.  But there are other ways such as uranium-lead dating.  Of course Carbon-14 data wouldn't prove that the earth is millions Billions of years old; it can only accurately date things from as far back as 58,000 years ago. 

Next argument: The bible claims a lot of things; I'm Christian, but I take some of these as myth and legend, but I do take some seriously.  The moon wasn't formed right as the Earth was formed.  The moon was originally a mars-sized (or smaller, I forgot) rock in space and it crashed.  Some of that mass stayed on the Earth, some of it became a ring orbiting around Earth and the dust in the ring accumulated and formed the moon.  Plus, you need to remember that the force of gravity decreases with increasing distance.  That means that the distance the moon is moving is exponential, increasing every year. 
And with your Grand Canyon claim, it DIDN'T EXIST AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EARTH.  Streams and rivers can be created really quickly and they move.  The Colorado River moved to it's current spot and started eroding everything about 7 million years ago; remember, erosion that deep can take forever.

Next argument: Stuff, we are a small ball of rock in a small arm of the Milky Way.  There are about 300 billion  stars in the Milky Way.  We don't just move from star to star, calculate how much water/oxygen is on the planets around it, then go to the next one.  That would take forever and it would be impossible, due to the fact that we can barely see planets.  Look at a star on a clear night.  See how far away it is.  It's not that much different even with a telescope.  You can't just spot planets.  The only way we could find planets is due to the gravity of the planets tugging on the stars as well.  Anyways, there are 300 billion stars in this galaxy alone.  Imagine 9 planets on each of them.  That's 2.7 trillion planets.  Then multiply that by the number of galaxies in the [known] universe, which is almost impossible because there are so many.  Then multiply that by 80, because we can only see 1/80 of the known universe even with the most advanced telescopes.  So even though we are the only place with life that we know, the chances are for having at least a few planets with life.  AAAANNNND, scientists have shown that with the right kind of atmosphere (carbon dioxide, water vapor, ammonia, a lot of lightning) like the kind that early Earth had, amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, can spontaneously form.  So that increases the chances a little more.

Next argument: See previous argument.

Next argument: There are a lot of things that science explains about the origins of earth and the universe that the bible doesn't.

Argument crushed.  Sorry about that, Stuff, and sorry if this comes off as rude.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:48 pm »
Oh, and then there's evolution, which explains the complexity.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »
You do realize that you don't have to be a bible-burning atheist to believe in evolution and 4.5-billion-year-old earth stuff, right?  First of all, this is a religion thread, not a science thread.  Carbon-14 dating isn't used for "millions of years old" organisms.  It's used to date recent things because the half-life of carbon-14 is approximately 5,700 years.  After millions of years, there's still just a miniscule amount in an organism.  But there are other ways such as uranium-lead dating.  Of course Carbon-14 data wouldn't prove that the earth is millions Billions of years old; it can only accurately date things from as far back as 58,000 years ago. 

Next argument: The bible claims a lot of things; I'm Christian, but I take some of these as myth and legend, but I do take some seriously.  The moon wasn't formed right as the Earth was formed.  The moon was originally a mars-sized (or smaller, I forgot) rock in space and it crashed.  Some of that mass stayed on the Earth, some of it became a ring orbiting around Earth and the dust in the ring accumulated and formed the moon.  Plus, you need to remember that the force of gravity decreases with increasing distance.  That means that the distance the moon is moving is exponential, increasing every year. 
And with your Grand Canyon claim, it DIDN'T EXIST AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EARTH.  Streams and rivers can be created really quickly and they move.  The Colorado River moved to it's current spot and started eroding everything about 7 million years ago; remember, erosion that deep can take forever.

Next argument: Stuff, we are a small ball of rock in a small arm of the Milky Way.  There are about 300 billion  stars in the Milky Way.  We don't just move from star to star, calculate how much water/oxygen is on the planets around it, then go to the next one.  That would take forever and it would be impossible, due to the fact that we can barely see planets.  Look at a star on a clear night.  See how far away it is.  It's not that much different even with a telescope.  You can't just spot planets.  The only way we could find planets is due to the gravity of the planets tugging on the stars as well.  Anyways, there are 300 billion stars in this galaxy alone.  Imagine 9 planets on each of them.  That's 2.7 trillion planets.  Then multiply that by the number of galaxies in the [known] universe, which is almost impossible because there are so many.  Then multiply that by 80, because we can only see 1/80 of the known universe even with the most advanced telescopes.  So even though we are the only place with life that we know, the chances are for having at least a few planets with life.  AAAANNNND, scientists have shown that with the right kind of atmosphere (carbon dioxide, water vapor, ammonia, a lot of lightning) like the kind that early Earth had, amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, can spontaneously form.  So that increases the chances a little more.

Next argument: See previous argument.

Next argument: There are a lot of things that science explains about the origins of earth and the universe that the bible doesn't.

Argument crushed.  Sorry about that, Stuff, and sorry if this comes off as rude.

So, what parts of christianity do you believe (and follow)

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2014, 07:59:01 pm »
The morals and stuff, I don't follow the popular belief that "dem dayum fagets" are evil and I don't follow any of the hateful stuff.  So I'm basically the opposite of my fundamentalist Christian parents and I'm proud of that fact.  So basically just follow the morals and I hate the hate.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:20 am »
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI
Quite an interesting video that supports both sides, Creationism, and Darwinism. Bill Nye taking Darwinism, and this Hamm guy who owns this huge creationism museum taking creationism.

For myself personally, the most interesting thing was the point Nye brought up about the Wyoming boat.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

jack70615

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -6
  • "Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candle stick!"
    • Kid-Com TheGraphicNovelWebsite
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2014, 10:55:26 am »
Wow...
"There once was a wise sensei that said "see ya later homies!"
-Jack http://www.zerochan.net/1210892
I am the cerulean city gym leader
I have 8 badges
I'm not calm and I have a burning fire passion in me

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:26 am »
i watched that debate live lol
- CELADON LEADER

MYMOM105

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Gym Leader
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 08:53:05 am »
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Thought this was funny, sorry if this is your religion and I offended you.
6 Kanto badges
5 Johto badges
Former Cinnabar Leader 47 Wins 9 Losses
Former Member of The Elite 4
Former Co Leader of Pewter Gym
Current Fuchsia Leader

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2015, 02:17:03 pm »
A few months ago I changed my views on religion.  I'm an atheist now.