Author Topic: Religion 2.0!  (Read 30279 times)

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
Re: Religion 2.0!
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2015, 02:59:38 pm »
A few months ago I changed my views on religion.  I'm an atheist now.
Welcome to the club...
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Ad...

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2015, 02:25:29 am »
I've been non religious for a like 5 years now :P

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2015, 03:30:17 am »

Any specific reasons? Might be able to enlighten someone.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 05:30:09 pm »
Any specific reasons? Might be able to enlighten someone.

There are a lot of reasons, but mainly because the bible has a lot of inaccuracies and moral problems.  Judaism actually came from an old Caananite polytheistic religion; Yahweh was their war  Arceus .  They eventually only had Yahweh as their  Arceus , but they kept the old Caananite creation story.  It's in the bible; in the Hebrew version of Genesis, they use the plural form of  Arceus , Elohim, instead of El.  There's also a few archaeological problems, such as evidence that the Conquest of Caanan never happened.  There's also the problem of evil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil).  There is also evidence that Jesus didn't even exist; there was a Pre-Christian cult called the Cult of Attis with a lot of similarities to the story of Jesus. (http://www.truthbeknown.com/attis.html)
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 03:22:38 am »

Haha I am the dick reviving a dead thread!

So have I.  I am still an atheist however I wish the destruction of organized religion.  So far my options are to destroy 99% of the worlds population, or counter brainwash the people that believe in organized religion.

On a side note does anyone know where I can find some nukes?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2015, 04:33:06 am »
Haha I am the dick reviving a dead thread!

So have I.  I am still an atheist however I wish the destruction of organized religion.  So far my options are to destroy 99% of the worlds population, or counter brainwash the people that believe in organized religion.

On a side note does anyone know where I can find some nukes?

Defect to North Korea.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2015, 04:45:40 am »
Defect to North Korea.
I have changed religions once again!

Tene you are now my  Arceus !!!

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »
Not a bad idea...
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »
You people make me sick, there is only one true religion, and that is the

RELIGION OF RAVEH!!!

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2015, 09:15:46 pm »
You people make me sick, there is only one true religion, and that is the

RELIGION OF RAVEH!!!
Raveh may be the wisest man in the world.  However he is no  Arceus , and the reason for that is because calling Raveh  Arceus  would be limiting him to a title. However Raveh is superior to a  Arceus  in every way shape and form, also to worship Tene is a choice.  Where as listening to Raveh, and worshiping him is just common sense.

MYMOM105

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Gym Leader
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2016, 10:28:08 pm »
Hey everyone!

So this year I have moved up to high school, which has made a huge change in my time. I don't have much free time anymore, so I'm having to prioritize what I want to do...video games and Minecraft haven't been high on the list lately. This is a farewell post by me. I'm thankful for all of the friendships that I've made with people who are still active on the server and people who aren't. With that being said, before I go, I want to tell you what I personally believe in.

I believe that an all-powerful being, the Lord, created the universe, and his greatest creation was humankind. The Lord originally created humans to be perfect like him, although he gave them a choice to follow him or not...we chose to disobey him, and that's how sin (anything that is evil and against the Lord) entered the world. Because of our sin we are separated from the Lord, because he cannot be in the presence of sin, because he is perfect. The Lord wanted to be with his creation, so he sent his very own son Jesus. Jesus lived a perfect life and never sinned, even though he was given the opportunity to many times; he was able to do this because he was fully divine and fully man (pretty confusing). Jesus was killed in the most horrible and excruciating way ever known, by crucifixion. In his death he took on all of the sins of the world, and all of the sins that would ever be committed. In doing this, Jesus made a way for sinful people to be with the Lord. Now the Lord can look at us and we can be made right with him if we accept Jesus! Jesus's death isn't the end, though. Two days after his death, Jesus raised himself from the dead! This proved that Jesus is who he said he is, the Lord's son. Jesus ascended into Heaven and is now sitting at the right hand of the Lord, pleading for believers.

This is weird to post on an internet forum thread, although this is what is promised to those who follow Jesus. Following Jesus doesn't mean that you will live an easy life-it probably will actually make life more difficult; however, we are promised that everything will work out for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. Following Jesus doesn't mean you will be sinless. It does mean that you are forgiven for your sins. It also means that you should stop participating in deliberate sins. The greatest part of having a relationship with Jesus is that those who follow him are promised eternal life-we will have eternal joy and we will live forever with the Lord! All who believe in Jesus and follow him now will be made perfect!

This is how someone can come to know Jesus. First of all you must admit that you are a sinner, that you have messed up, and that you need Jesus to make you right with Lord, that you cannot do this by yourself. You must be legitimately sorry for all that you have done, and you must turn away from your evil and stop doing it. You must admit to the Lord that you are a sinner and repent. The Lord will help you with this if you give it to him, he has done it for me. The next step is that you must believe that Jesus came to die for you and that he took on your sins, and that Jesus is the Lord's son. The final step is that you must make Jesus the Lord of your life. This means he has to be in charge of everything, in your career, the way you spend your time, etc. That is how you can have a relationship with Jesus.

This probably sounds weird, and you might not believe this. Please ask though that the Lord would show you the truth, and he will...even if you don't believe in him. Jesus has changed my life, please let him do the same for you.
6 Kanto badges
5 Johto badges
Former Cinnabar Leader 47 Wins 9 Losses
Former Member of The Elite 4
Former Co Leader of Pewter Gym
Current Fuchsia Leader