Author Topic: Politics  (Read 4533 times)

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
Politics
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:41:28 pm »
The thing that everyone has to do, but no one likes.  Politics!  Society's best friend and man's worst enemy.  So where do you fall on the scale?  Are you a VW-riding, acid loving, flower power hippie?  Or are you a gun-toting, truck riding, 'Murica-loving conservative?  Personally, I'm a libertarian.  Do whatever the fuck you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  I also prefer a true democracy over a republic.  Let the people vote instead of politicians that can be bought out by lobbyists.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 03:16:51 am »
The thing that everyone has to do, but no one likes.  Politics!  Society's best friend and man's worst enemy.  So where do you fall on the scale?  Are you a VW-riding, acid loving, flower power hippie?  Or are you a gun-toting, truck riding, 'Murica-loving conservative?  Personally, I'm a libertarian.  Do whatever the fuck you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  I also prefer a true democracy over a republic.  Let the people vote instead of politicians that can be bought out by lobbyists.

You will always manage to do something that'll hurt someone else. Think religion/homosexuality/nuclear power and all that stuff...

FateandDestiny1

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -17
  • Cleadon Leader, Pokefan.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:11:11 am »
Notice how when the people rule in the democracy, things go horribly wrong. It the republic, your chosen electors could make the choice for you easily. Why let the people rule if you know that something will go wrong. They will all give biased and unbiased ideas seemingly relevant to the situation momentarily bringing them either to war of in debt.
- one of the three people who got all kanto badges before reaching over 250 stats in a combat level.
- Blackthorn leader.
- saw duck look at Tene's panties lol.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »
So do the politicians, but since there are less of them, their opinion counts even more.  With a lot of people voting, it makes it harder for bribers lobbyists to change the votes by paying sponsoring them.  It also frees up a LOT of money because senators and representatives make $170,000 a year.  There wouldn't just be willy-nilly voting, there would be petitions and each month or year, there would be a vote on all of these issues.

jasperb94

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 16
  • Laughter is the best medicine
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »
I personally feel that the way the American government runs needs to be changed, most if not all, of the politicians are corrupt. then you get people like Obama in the Whitehouse, and a Congress that can't agree on anything to screw up the country. America is in desperate need of a restart.
Peace Out, Enjoy Life, Live The Adventure
~Louis Cole~

For an up to date list of 3ds Friend Codes for the server/forum members
http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=5488.msg75339#msg75339

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:11 pm »
I've been thinking of another American Revolution.  Not even the government that created the constitution is following it anymore.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:08 pm »
I feel that Obama wasn't the best choice for the US president, but I'm not saying that Romney would be either. We just need a reliable choice of a president that is the same party of our Legislative branch.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »
People are stupid. I see ups and downs everywhere. While letting people vote for themselves on all things would have its benefits, there are the stupid and the biased. Take a look at TwitchPlaysPokemon, there is no streamer making the wrong decision and when the controls are put in the hands of the people, well, I'm sure most of you have watched the stream's progress. On the other hand, you could have a well educated elected official who may make mistakes, but hell, that person is human too. That being said, they will act like humans too and some may be persuaded or bribed too easily.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »
Here's the thing: most of the politicians now are those idiots that make the wrong decision and accidentally get out of the tunnel by using dig.  Tene knows this; Those idiot politicians voted against the high quality Internet provided by that fiber company and opted for the shitty Internet that third world countries laugh at (but I'm sure its better than Comcast).  The problem isn't the people and it's not the politicians.  It's the 2-party system.  It's black and white.  Parties need to be abolished so people don't just vote for some fucktard just because they're in the same party as him.  I would suggest a primary election where people vote out of a large pool of candidates.  Since they don't have a party, people ACTUALLY do research on the candidates.  The top 3 will go to the final election for president.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 10:27:23 pm »
Italy has so many parties, it might as well be a large pool. Things aren't going the best there from what I've heard. Also, New York paid Verizon several million to give everyone fast internet. Something happened that they couldn't do it, but they kept the money.

Edit: what would make those candidates different from the idiots using dig?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:29:18 pm by Prodigy39 »
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 10:29:32 pm »
We were about to get Google Fiber in our area but we have Republican lawmakers. So yeah.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 10:38:20 pm »
I don't see what being Republican has to do with it. Also, lawmakers do as they see fit. I've had 100kb/s internet for 14 years. I'd love faster internet, but I'm sure there are better places the money could go.
I approve

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »
Republicans are big business.  They have to see money rolling in in order to vote for it.  That didnt happen so it didn't happen.  I would know, ive lived with a cheap one for 14 years.  And democrats aren't immune to the name calling either; they are big government, pro spending and more taxes on the people.  Libertarian is the only logical option because it is actually for the people, not for the government or for businesses.  And they weren't going to pay for it.  We have monopolized Internet down here and google fiber would fuck up those [terrible] Internet companies' business.  The las time I checked, I had 18-25 kb/s internet.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »
meh...
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 09:02:04 am »
Our current PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.