Author Topic: I think you should take a look at this.  (Read 11147 times)

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Mr Smith!, Mr Wesson... Glad you could make it!
Re: I think you should take a look at this.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 04:44:00 pm »
Maybie this is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly long april fools joke... for 2015! Am I right? Am I right? eeeehhh

In all seriousness I have a neutral opinion about this, firstly... servers just like this one, can only exist due to payments that willing players pay out for extra stuff.

On the flipside some of these prices are just FUCKING INSANE!!!, and I have to spit on this server a little here and im sorry... what is it 150 dollars for gamefreak? correct me if im wrong I havent checked the prices since I first donated to cooltrainer rank.

But this nowhere near as INSANE as the likes of hypixel here is a short list of things that are outragous... ahem

Are you having a hard time gaining exp to get more stuff if certain minigames??? you can get double exp for 3 days for only 9.99 dollars :) or you can get 7 days for the itty bitty price of just 14.99 dollars.

Are you sick and tired of not being able to join "full" games (10 out of 14 players) ??? prices start at 25 dollars lifetime (megh not too bad I guess) but you can go MVP+ for 150 dollars (which I have no idea what the hell that does for you.)

Whats going to happen to this server to acustom to the changes of the eula? My only idea to make money from minecraft servers now is to advertise... like on youtube. but since this is JAVA I dont know...

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 07:34:05 pm »
Uhm what...?

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »
to sum it up, he's complaining about donations for the highest rank being too much for what you get from in and how are you, the admins, gonna make the server acceptable for the eula and keep the server running without the donations for ranks and perks.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:36 am »
There is nothing saying we can't monetize in that mojang post. We just have to clarify and create some kind of Terms Of Donation (something i've been too lazy to do for a while) that specifies that we are not affiliated with Mojang. Maybe the 2x mcmmo is a bit on the pay-to-win side, but every other perk on the PvP server is simply a shortcut to what others can attain.
/warp is quickly walking.
vip room is a house (and a small one at that)
money bonuses dont mean much in our trashed economy
xpbank is a convenience at most
colored prefixes/chat isnt a to-win bonus in any way at all

I could go on.
If anyone brings Runecraft into this, I will happily remove it, since it's an underupdated pain in our asses for a long time now, and I bet a mere 10-15 out of our active population even use a single rune from it at all.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 11:57:48 am »
never used a single one lol
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 12:25:59 pm »
There is nothing saying we can't monetize in that mojang post. We just have to clarify and create some kind of Terms Of Donation (something i've been too lazy to do for a while) that specifies that we are not affiliated with Mojang. Maybe the 2x mcmmo is a bit on the pay-to-win side, but every other perk on the PvP server is simply a shortcut to what others can attain.
/warp is quickly walking.
vip room is a house (and a small one at that)
money bonuses dont mean much in our trashed economy
xpbank is a convenience at most
colored prefixes/chat isnt a to-win bonus in any way at all

I could go on.

If anyone brings Runecraft into this, I will happily remove it, since it's an underupdated pain in our asses for a long time now, and I bet a mere 10-15 out of our active population even use a single rune from it at all.

Unfortunately most of these things breach the soon to be EULA because they "affect gameplay in some way" you might want to read the post on the minecraft forums as they have an in depth FAQ about all that is legal and not legal, things that the pokemon server does that is legal is...

Nametags

Login prefixes

.... thats pretty much it

Saying that some of the perks are just minor conviniences are still gameplay affecting... being able to teleport is a convenience, but only people who have paid can use it, and that alone is enough to be considered "gameplay affecting"

This is information taken from the minecraft forums...

Are any servers exempt to the EULA?

No. It affects all servers and players equally.

Do server hosts have a grace period to implement changes to their servers?

Yes. All servers must comply with the EULA by August 1st, 2014.

Can I charge for access to my server?

Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed.

How often am I allowed to charge players to access my server?

You can charge players as regularly as you like. You can even charge for timed access if you think it’s the best way to monetise your server.

What counts as a server? Are proxies one big server, or lots of smaller ones?

A server is something a user connects to with their client. The user is on a different server when they leave the one they are connected to and manually join another (in the multiplayer screen). Virtual servers and proxies make no difference here, to the client it’s the same server.

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?

No, you cannot charge for any part of a server other than the initial access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server for the user to connect to which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry over to your other servers.

So can I charge for my minigames or mods?

Yes, so long as all players on your server have access to the features.

Can I offer a limited trial period for all users?

Yes. So long as both trial and paying users have access to the same gameplay features during the trial, we’re cool with it.

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?

Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users.

Does the EULA still apply for access to user-created mods?

Yes. It doesn’t make a difference who made the mods, or how they were implemented onto your server. All mods require Minecraft to run. You are not allowed to charge for Minecraft features which affect gameplay.

What do you mean by “hard currency” compared to “soft currency”?

Hard currency is real money or anything that can be converted into real money, including Bitcoins. Soft currency is available in-game only, and has no real-world value. The restriction in the EULA only apply to hard currency; you may unlock anything with soft currency.

Can I sell “kits” for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?

If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.

My server features a currency that you can earn through gameplay, but which can also be bought for hard currency. Is that OK?

Soft currencies that are solely earned in-game are fine, but you cannot sell in-game currency for hard currency. Hybrid/dual currency systems are not allowed.

Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?

No – boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed.

So how do I make money from cosmetic items?

You can sell cosmetic items for hard currency directly or allow players to fund an “account” specific to your server. It’s up to the host of the server to decide how this works. Remember that capes are the exception to this rule – you are not allowed to give them away or sell them.

Can I sell ranks on my server?

Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

Can users purchase something that affects the entire server, such as a temporary XP boost?
 Yes, but everyone who can access the server must be able to use the feature, regardless of whether they purchased it or not.

Can I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period?

Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it’s OK.

Can I charge for access to server commands?

Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency.

If all players get access to a feature such as a plot of land, can I sell access to multiple plots for hard currency?

No – that would be a gameplay affecting change, so it’s not allowed. All player who access your server must have the same gameplay features offered to them. The same rule applies to items, such as potions.

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?

Users may keep the perks they have paid for, on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly, or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

I am at a neutral standpoint on this matter I think it is both a good and a bad thing, but hoping to hell that mojang doesnt actually go forward to this, wont solve anything. I only hope this doesnt ruin minecraft altogether! I dont want to play that crappy cubeworld! :(

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 12:40:41 pm »
That last one made me laugh so hard  :roflmao: :rotf: :haha:

You can keep their old perks, as long as they can be bought with soft-currency. Ok, flymode = 999,999,999 pokedollars. We iz legalz noaw.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 04:50:05 pm »

Can I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period?

Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it’s OK.

This part caught my eye, I think if we could find some way to implement that it'd be pretty cool along with whatever 1ce is able to deem "cosmetic" to the people who put the money in.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 06:11:35 pm »
That was actually an idea I came up with shortly after I read Marc_IRL's reddit thread. A global benefit based on donation amounts over time.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 06:40:37 pm »

Can I sell “kits” for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?

If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.

those idiots, they just ruined half the servers i play on :cuss:
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:50 pm »
they should not be allowed to do this. they had 5 years to do this before they had thousand maybe millions of servers in minecraft that all run off the old system and one day they up and decide to break the whole system over their knee .-. . Like 90% of the things people donated for or cared about is not cosmetic it's "game play affecting"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:46:58 pm by stuffjunk »
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
i wonder when they will realize how many servers they killed this these new rules and how many people will quit because of this. wonder when they will realize how hard they just kicked their own game in the balls...
- CELADON LEADER

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »
So they allow servers to charge for subscriptions but not for "gameplay-affecting" stuff? that's stupid.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »
Really Stuffjunk, a triple post? ModifyPost exists for a reason.

Saha, what they want to avoid is the "Pay-to-win" mentality. They don't care if you pay to play, but if you do play, they want you to have an equal chance with everyone else who has paid or not.

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 04:54:33 am »
I just had an idea lol :)

You have the normal server which everyone can join and doesnt get income.

Then you have a "seperate" server that you have to pay to play on, and have all the perks on that server.

That way you would still be legal because you are technically using 2 different servers, only the paid server is the one with all the cool shizzle. and the servers could communicate to one another regarding player locations, items, statistics and other stuff.

You can thank me later I just saved the pokemon server! :banana: