Author Topic: PokemonServer Nuzlocke June 2014  (Read 3358 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
PokemonServer Nuzlocke June 2014
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:25:37 pm »
I've decided I want to play a game with friends, and I've had enough League of Legends to last a few lifetimes.
So I want to bring back a classic, a part of our history, whether people remember it or not.
Playing, and broadcasting, the Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge via tinychat.com

Rules are fairly simple, taken from the Nuzlocke Wiki [Not a Screamer, for those who need my assurance every time I link something]
I will be playing with the following "clauses" in effect:

• You may only catch the first Pokemon you find in any route. This includes cities, so if you "find" a trade or a gift pokemon (eevee) you are not allowed to get another Pokemon from that area. An area is defined as any location that causes the music to change when you enter, OR a popup to tell you that you have gone to another place. So there are many areas, use them well.
  • You must release any Pokemon that is fainted under any circumstance, because it has been killed. Please record it in any update posts you make in this thread so we may all mourn the loss of another life. Circumstances include attacks by opponent Pokemon, Poison effects outside battle (for early generations) and the SelfDestruct attacks. So sell your Revives, you can't bring back the dead.
  • You can only buy a single item per PokeMart. Pokeballs will become a rarity, but you won't be doing a lot of catching.
  • Dupes Clause: If the first Pokemon that has appeared one that the player has already caught, the player can find a new Pokemon in that Route.
  • You must give EVERY Pokemon you own, a coherent Nickname. Don't nickname it hgaierul because you smashed your hand on the keyboard. Put some thought into it. You cannot use the Name Rater to change their names.
  • You can only defeat a wild Pokemon if the Active Pokemon is less than 5 levels higher than it is. If your Charmander is level 10, he can only defeat level 5 and higher wild Pokemon. Grinding makes the game slow and predictable. Either switch out, or run.
  • No use of glitches or hacks. MissingNo might be an easy way to get more pokeballs, but don't use it.

That's my set of rules, feel free to follow your own, but 1. and 2. MUST be followed, or it isn't a Nuzlocke, it's just some strange variant.
I'll be starting today, and broadcasting my progress on http://tinychat.com/pokeserver
If you want to broadcast or play as well and need help setting it up, I can help most Windows users.
The emulator I'm using is available at http://www.pokemonserver.net/gameboy
I uploaded it myself, it is safe for public use. You'll want the .zip version, the rest is just the extracted contents so they are visible. Extract it and open KiGB.exe to use it.
I'm using ManyCam (free version) to capture my screen/window, I can show most users how to get that working as well. There is a mac version, but you'll need to download that from their site at www.Manycam.com
So with that started, lets play Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke Mode.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:24:36 pm by 1cec0ld »

Ad...

Jimmyziga

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • hi
Re: PokemonServer Nuzlocke June 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »
Good luck in your nuzlocke, 1ce!