Author Topic: Biomes  (Read 4267 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Biomes
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:50:34 pm »
If possible, I think the biomes should be changed up as the lomitation to certain pokemon is outrageous IMO, there are 3 very small river biomes 2 small jungle biomes and 0 snowy Moutan biomes( sorry kids no articuno). And a large majority of the server is extreme hills, if you could add diversity to the biomes it would be nice so it's not just the same 10 pokemon everywhere with a couple extras. It would add more of a hunt, more reasons to train specific places and know where you are and add more diversity to teams as a lot of people have alot of the same pokemon because there aren't a whole lore to choose from
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Biomes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »
Or even better, you could perhaps work on making certain levels spawn over the map (Low at start and get higher). I understand this may be hard to implement but I think it'll be necessary eventually as I've gotten to a point where the highest level I can find is 40-50.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »
The fact that I've just read this and I found a Dratini makes me feel lucky

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 05:18:00 pm »
Or even better, you could perhaps work on making certain levels spawn over the map (Low at start and get higher). I understand this may be hard to implement but I think it'll be necessary eventually as I've gotten to a point where the highest level I can find is 40-50.

Not possible currently.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 05:23:18 pm »
Not possible currently.
thats to Archie, is the lack of response to the OP a no?
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

tnguyen1

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: 15
  • Zeref The Dark Mage
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:37:38 pm »
If you want to change biome use the plugin weatherman. It has a brush to change biome whatever you like.
I use that plugin for terraforming purposes

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:50 pm »
Or if that's not a viable way to do it expand the border, keep everything protect from mining and such but leave the newly generated chunks in their beautiful blocky natural form

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:04:37 pm »
If you want to change biome use the plugin weatherman. It has a brush to change biome whatever you like.
I use that plugin for terraforming purposes

Voxel also has that.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 04:38:32 am »
Here is an image (unlabeled) of all the biome changes I made to the map before I uploaded it. There is plenty of variation, and while there are no snowy biomes yet, Kanto doesn't have snow. Gotta deal with realism. Hate to break hearts.