PvP Server > Mod Thread

Temp Ban of Magetankpr0

(1/3) > >>

Daanor:
Mage was in Duckox's gym, and refused to leave after both Duckox and myself asked him several times to leave. I kicked him, then told him several more times to leave. He continued to refuse, and then began to insult me, so I temp banned him for 3 days.

I support and expect the ban to be lifted long before 3 days. I gave him three days because I was told upon becoming a mod that the temp ban lasted 3 days. I assumed that putting in another length of time wouldn't work.

ArchieSalt:
Mage came to me on skype and explained his side of the story to me. He was wrong to disobey Daanor and Duckox, however he's made it clear to me that he didn't listen to them as he didn't see the harm in spectating. I've familiarised him with the rules and he revealed to me that his home life is very stressful explaining his frustrated behaviour pre-ban and especially post-ban.

Paradox:
This is the single worst ban I've ever heard of. There' a time and place to ban people. /jail is a cool command. You banned a person for what you thought 72 hours for something so unharmful. Was he breaking the rules? Yes. Does he need to be punished? Yes. But he wasn't being detrimental. I unbanned him myself now. Do not think you can just willingly use your powers to solve conflicts. I've temp-banned very few people in my years as an admin. Think before you act.

Daanor:
I'll keep all of that in mind for the future. Thanks.

oddy:

--- Quote from: Daanor on May 30, 2013, 01:56:55 pm ---Duckox and myself asked him several times to leave. I kicked him, then told him several more times to leave. He continued to refuse, and then began to insult me, so I temp banned him for 3 days.

--- End quote ---
I am completely ok with the temp ban put in place, although the time was long, something like this do shorter ammount

--- Quote from: Paradox on May 30, 2013, 04:49:31 pm ---
/jail is a cool command
Do not think you can just willingly use your powers to solve conflicts

--- End quote ---
  lolwat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version