Poll

Reset? Only choose 1 per category please.

McMMO Stats Wiped?
McMMO Stats Remain?
Money Wiped?
Money Remains?
Items Wiped?
Items Remain?

Author Topic: Reset Poll  (Read 21038 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Reset Poll
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 11:05:11 am »
I agree. You can wipe everything, honestly, that would be actually the best idea, only if you exclude wiping the mcstats. Stripping the server of what broke it's economy is obviously a must. But mcmmo didn't have the highest impact on why diamonds went for so cheap.#KeepMcstats2014

Okay so this is just my reasoning for getting rid of mcstats. When we have these new maps, we plan on advertising the server a lot. Meaning we will have newer players. If we have 1000-leveled-gym leaders in every stat, it wouldn't be too fair. We can't just think about all those 1000 levels you grinded for a while, we need to think in the interest of the server. This would also give those people when mcmmo was first introduced, to the newer players a better chance to have the same stats.

#BegoneMcstats2014
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:11 am »

#CompromiseMcstats2014
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:17:22 am by Lucasrx »
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 11:12:54 am »
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 11:15:17 am »
Here's a long shot suggestion. On the pixelmon server, each gym is regulated by the level of the pokemon in your party correct? (Forgive me if i'm wrong, i've never really played on there.) Since we are getting 5 new regions can we not scale each region by difficulty? I.E being only able to challenge johto gyms, if you have 4 kanto badges. I did here talk about when the new maps come, you will be able to start in any region and finish in any region, so that may make my suggestion total bulls***. Anyways, some of the veteran players might come back and add their beloved spice back to the server if you kept their stats the same. Or perhaps, if had xxxx amount in combat stats, you are only eligible for yyyy gym, that could possibly be a compromise.

#CompromiseMcstats2014

But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

kjdavitt

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 2
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »
I wonder, why do people want items to get wiped in the first place. After couple days or maybe in one day people would be back in diamond armor while new people are still joining.
- Former Saffron gym leader (PVP server)
- Died over 4000 times (PVP server)
- Former Johto Champion (PVP server)
- Former Kanto Champion (PVP server)
- Axes level: 1800
- Current Kanto elite (PVP server)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 01:19:54 pm »
I feel personally mcmmo stats should remain. People have trained really hard to get them as high as they are and it really just wouldn't be fair to wipe the stats with all the training they have done.

I feel personally player balances should remain. People have worked really hard to get them as high as they are and it really just wouldn't be fair to wipe their money with all the work they have done.

I feel personally player inventories should remain. People have worked sorta hard to get them as full and prepared as they are and it really just wouldn't be fair to wipe the items with all the work and saving they have done.

As you can see, using time spent as an argument nullifies any reset of anything. Everyone spent time accumulating something, therefore it is valuable to them. Let's stop thinking about the time an individual spent gathering some resource, and think instead about what effect that resource will have in gameplay if it starts out with practically no value because it isn't even rare.

Tene, the two quotes were demonstrating that the poll probably doesn't mean nothing.

SnowBreak

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -18
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:29 pm »

Okay so this is just my reasoning for getting rid of mcstats. When we have these new maps, we plan on advertising the server a lot. Meaning we will have newer players. If we have 1000-leveled-gym leaders in every stat, it wouldn't be too fair. We can't just think about all those 1000 levels you grinded for a while, we need to think in the interest of the server. This would also give those people when mcmmo was first introduced, to the newer players a better chance to have the same stats.

#BegoneMcstats2014

Actually, with my AxeNinjaPvP account, I was able to beat all the gyms with under 250 in each stat  ;)
Kanto Champion.
Cerulean Leader.
Builder of all regions. Hoenn HB.
Pewter Shop Owner.
Please check out my Moderator Application if you have the chance, feedback is appreciated.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 05:14:42 pm »
As you can see, using time spent as an argument nullifies any reset of anything. Everyone spent time accumulating something, therefore it is valuable to them. Let's stop thinking about the time an individual spent gathering some resource, and think instead about what effect that resource will have in gameplay if it starts out with practically no value because it isn't even rare.

Tene, the two quotes were demonstrating that the poll probably doesn't mean nothing.

Double negative confused me.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »
I wonder, why do people want items to get wiped in the first place. After couple days or maybe in one day people would be back in diamond armor while new people are still joining.
Then you just proved that we should get rid of items. It wont matter anyways.

And whatever the admins do they do.

/undiscuss (for me)

b_rad1243

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 5
  • Leader of TeamExile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 01:56:55 am »
In all honesty i worked hard for my stats but getting them reset would be a challenge. Part of the fact you dont want your stats wiped is youre too lazy to redo them all. It isnt fun anymore fighting against someone who stat whored like jimmy or r15 or lucas (no offense) its just not fun. The pokemon server doesnt even follow its own theme. Nothing is a challenge at all. Pokemon is about challenges and we cant even follow that. Its silly. Big deal your stats get wiped. Redo them. just like in super smash bros. Once youre in the campaign and you die you have to restart all over. So restart all over and have fun. No ones having fun at all atleast im not. Gym battles are so op we have people with over 1k stats each mode. How the heck is a brand new player even supposed to challenge a gym and beat the leader. It took me almost three months to get to where my stats are now! No wonder we never have any new players! So just think about it. Do you want the same old people playing every day or have new players and make new friends and start having fun? Think deeply. They're stats if it was so easy to get them in the first place then get them again. spend a whole 24 hours of training who cares. Hopefully there will be a cap on the stats also.
-Leader of TeamExile
-Bestfriends with Tactic_ninja
-Former JohtoChamp
-Former Cianwood Leader
-Former Mahogany Leader
-CoolTrainer donation thanks to crimsonpause

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 10:21:18 am »
In all honesty i worked hard for my stats but getting them reset would be a challenge. Part of the fact you dont want your stats wiped is youre too lazy to redo them all. It isnt fun anymore fighting against someone who stat whored like jimmy or r15 or lucas (no offense) its just not fun. The pokemon server doesnt even follow its own theme. Nothing is a challenge at all. Pokemon is about challenges and we cant even follow that. Its silly. Big deal your stats get wiped. Redo them. just like in super smash bros. Once youre in the campaign and you die you have to restart all over. So restart all over and have fun. No ones having fun at all atleast im not. Gym battles are so op we have people with over 1k stats each mode. How the heck is a brand new player even supposed to challenge a gym and beat the leader. It took me almost three months to get to where my stats are now! No wonder we never have any new players! So just think about it. Do you want the same old people playing every day or have new players and make new friends and start having fun? Think deeply. They're stats if it was so easy to get them in the first place then get them again. spend a whole 24 hours of training who cares. Hopefully there will be a cap on the stats also.
What is stopping people from stat-whoring again? Next to no time, the same people who want to keep it, will have a great resolve to get back to where they stand. The problem comes back, the stat grinders too. Let the stat grinders keep their stats, but choke them down to specific regions/gyms. If the admins want to make the server, with all 5 maps, make it so you have to go; kanto->johto->hoenn->sinnoh->unova, then why dont we only allow the stat grinders to only apply for unova and sinnoh? But, i may be wrong, the admins might just say, 'Start anywhere, finish anywhere.' That being said, people who have grind their stats in the past, will most likely do it again. The way to stop them from doing it again? Let them keep it, and reduce their options of leading beginner gyms. I.e Viridian (since it is usually the first one people walk to.)

Tl;dr: Let grinders keep their stats but limit the options they have when applying to "beginner" gyms.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »
Reset the stats. And you want to know how to stop the stat whoring? Put a cap. Or even better, let people train as much as they want, hell train every minute of everyday, and then have routine stat wipes every 2-3 months. Ax is right in that people will still stat whore, which is why we need it limited. Limiting to regions is not the only way, nor is it a good one if the Admins intend to give freedom to start anywhere. It's a PvP server, not a "train all your stats until you have the highest mcmmo level on it" server, your PvP skill should be more important to you than stats you've leveled to where no one can challenge you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:33:32 pm by donutboy10 »

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 01:28:25 pm »
Lol.. I had to say something, In the end our choice between having anything staying or not, really doesn't matter. It's the admins choice to choose alright lets keep them or alright lets get rid of them and set new rules. Let's just stop arguing about this and let the admins decide.   
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »
Lol.. I had to say something, In the end our choice between having anything staying or not, really doesn't matter. It's the admins choice to choose alright lets keep them or alright lets get rid of them and set new rules. Let's just stop arguing about this and let the admins decide.   
Me personally, I am not trying to tell the admins what to do, or not to do. I'm giving my opinion, and everyone else is giving theirs. The only reason we do this is so the admins know what we think. If we were to let the admins decide by themselves, what was the point of this thread?

Putting a cap on certain skills, to me, would make the having good stats, a stale topic. That also means there is no point in making mctop in a certain skill. Without high skills, how is anyone going to be remembered as the guy who had the highest axes, swords, unarmed  etc.?

Resetting the stats is a temporary solution to a problem that will reoccur.
Limiting the skill cap will make hardcore pvp'ers lose interest in getting mctop.

There is no true balance when it comes to this. There are people for and against this. The only way the admins are going to make everyone happy, is if they compromise to the fullest extent of their power.

If don't give stat grinders, an incentive to grind, they won't grind anymore. Their incentive to keep grinding, is the reset stats.

Donut, one more thing, im not to sure there is 'skill' in clicking your left/right mouse button, and moving your mouse a few times. But i do see your level cap coming into great use. It would make the elite battles equal, and some gym battles equal. I like where you're going with that thought, but if we are talking about pure pvp, as in outside of gyms and elite battles. I don't think this would work in it's entirety.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:04:19 pm by AxZeroCrypt »

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »