Poll

Do you like Harming Potions?

Yes
10 (37%)
No
11 (40.7%)
My feelings towards them are varied (Make a comment)
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Do you like Harming Potions?  (Read 3513 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Do you like Harming Potions?
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »
I just want to see the general view on them.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Do you like Harming Potions?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »
I like harming potions. They're not totally negative. They heal the undead :P

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »
They also contribute to Holy Hound, an ability where your wolves are healed by negative potions (Taming level 375)

If any drastic action is taken, I'd suggest a nerf rather than a banishment.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:00:00 am »
My vote was "Varied".  Just cause mostly that people love using them, but hate it when it gets used on them.  Since all of my opinions on things are mutual. All I can say, is if it pisses you off when someone uses it on you, then why not use it on them?  If your plea is "Cause they are unfair!".  Then a perfect rebutal to that is "it's only unfair cause they are using them and your not.  If you use them too then the tables are again equal".  Then also the fact of dodging/avoiding them are still in play.  Then the fact that the counter's are there, if you don't want to put in the skill of understanding your opponents weaknesses into your ability to fight then you deserve to die.  I just shoot pot user's from far distances with a bow.  I have yet to get hit by one, so it seems to be working.

Question:  Could they be disarmed?  If they can then that makes them even more balanced.

Other Counters:
1. Invisibility potions.  Gotta get close, can you take down the opponent fast enough if you just got close enough? Go ahead.
2. If disarm can take a potion, take theirs and use them on them. Less potions for them, more destruction for you.
3. Bows, it's easier to shoot a bow from afar then throw a potions far.  IMO potions are only easy to aim from close-mid range, while experienced bow users have a much easier time shooting medium-far range.4
4. Wolves apparently.  Raise tame high enough, and your wolves get healed by them.  Go hide some where's behind cover, and wait for the blood curdling screams of the opponent.
5. Use the potions yourself!

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:05:25 am »
It's almost impossible to disarm someone with splash potions, since you'd have to go up to someone and hit them when the person holding the potion can just throw it from a distance.

If you want to nerf them, then I'd suggest somehow limiting the amount of potions you can have in your inv at a time.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:52 am »
It's almost impossible to disarm someone with splash potions, since you'd have to go up to someone and hit them when the person holding the potion can just throw it from a distance..
pearl into melee range, if you get close enough the splash would probably hit them too, I personally prefer a bow to counter rather than disarm chance myself, it puts a potion user at a severe disadvantage, that is provided there's a large field of play
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 11:12:25 am »
pearl into melee range, if you get close enough the splash would probably hit them too, I personally prefer a bow to counter rather than disarm chance myself, it puts a potion user at a severe disadvantage, that is provided there's a large field of play
Yeah including if you use an invisible potion, and have a chance of them not seeing you walk up, or just by being invisible itself makes them waste their potions.

gavinnic1

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -33
  • Blast Burn!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:11:40 pm »
I hate harming pots i lost a lot of diamonds to FrenZ and Xander. I am going to get revenge on you Xander!  :evil:

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:38 pm »
I hate harming pots i lost a lot of diamonds to FrenZ and Xander. I am going to get revenge on you Xander!  :evil:

Thats a rather biased opinion. You only hate them due to how they've been used against you. I've been pot spammed before, i still don't hate them.

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »
I honestly don't like Harming Potions, they give an unfair damage advantage, and with the recent buff that they gave to wolves they seem to be even stronger.

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »
I like to use Harm pots when im Battling a mob that it will affect but otherwise they provide a unfair advantage to pvp players, they can just walk up with no armor and splash you and your dead, Even if you wearing all diamond. I think there have been enough complaints about them to get rid of them completly.
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

xandergcool

• Dragon Tamer
  • Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: -11
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:00:09 am »
Tene do you still know that ian pot spammed you in safe zone :D that was lol  :D

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 05:16:15 am »
I think harming potions are the Noobiest THing there is to use

I would say Banishment But then that might be a Little bit to much a Nerf would be good

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:23 am »
Tene do you still know that ian pot spammed you in safe zone :D that was lol  :D

I do know that, and he denied it. Even though I had proof.

blazequilava

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -6
  • I'm a quilava with blast burn... I'M UNIQUE! :D
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:52 pm »
It's almost impossible to disarm someone with splash potions, since you'd have to go up to someone and hit them when the person holding the potion can just throw it from a distance.
I disarmed Ian when he was about to put spam me ^.^

[URL=http://imagesha