Author Topic: Ban Appeal - Pythonhier - Auto-Join Mod  (Read 3530 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Ban Appeal - Pythonhier - Auto-Join Mod
« on: March 04, 2013, 07:10:03 am »
Was your Ban mentioned on the forums?: Not from that I could search for.  Though I only searched my name.

What did you do, why did you do it, what makes you trustworthy enough to even consider letting you come back?: I was using an auto-join mod a friend downloaded, and installed for me.  I did it cause I was waiting for my sugar cane crops to grow, after I couldn't find books, or bookcases, around the stores in Kanto or the wild spawns.  It seemed that if I logged off, and came back on an hour later my crops wouldn't grow, but if I stood close to them they would grow.  Even when people were on the server the entire time I was offline.  I really had nothing else on the server to do, I guess the other thing would be fight, but I had 27 levels I didn't want to just die and waste before trying to get an infinity 1 enchant, or flame 1 enchant for my bow (I wanted to collect the enchantments on books, but I was using the books to make the bookcases, then was going to use up my levels on books when the enchantment area was done).  I'm really sorry for doing it, I didn't know that an auto-log mod wasn't allowed, well at least what I can remember from the rules.  I didn't even know it was "boting", all the mod did was give me an auto-join option below the "back to title screen".  I don't even know the site he got it from (I have Firefox, and my settings are set to clear my history, cookies, passwords, etc, etc when the window closes).  Really I won't use the "bot" anymore.  I'll just run circles around my enchantment table, and try talking to people till my crops finish growing like I was doing before my friend installed the mod.

Choose your punishment:  Um forcing me to pay $10 is a bit unfair when 1. I wasn't even a part of the server long enough to do anything that you even deserve my money.  2. I don't even remember seeing a rule saying "No Auto-Join Mods".  So I didn't even know what I was doing was wrong, but i'm going to do a force update to my Minecraft now to get rid of it, cause I don't know what my friend changed to put it there in the first place.  All you have is my word, and I know I already have shown I mean well for this server.  To me it's an awesome server, I made friends really fast, and everyone's happy.  The best part is everyone is nice, cause when I walk around, and people see you in a PVP area, they don't instantly jump on you to kill you like other servers.

Ad...

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
Re: Ban Appeal - Pythonhier - Auto-Join Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:57 am »
I also would like to mention that I have already said I would donate to the server, later on when I actually had a chance to play it more, and had the extra money to do so.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:26 am »
I do get what python is coming from but a lot of people have been punished for auto logging mod so I don't see what would make your situation any different

And I do believe rule 4 covers auto logging in

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 07:27:26 am »

I don't see how it gives an advantage, but thats besides the point.

Your options are to 'donate' $10 to the server, or help build a part of the region. Which you do is up to you, but keep in mind you may not get accepted as a builder.
Application section can be found in the pokemon maps section on forum, in the specified region.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:32:18 am »
I don't see how it gives an advantage, but thats besides the point.

Your options are to 'donate' $10 to the server, or help build a part of the region. Which you do is up to you, but keep in mind you may not get accepted as a builder.
Application section can be found in the pokemon maps section on forum, in the specified region.

I didn't know that rule four meant auto logging, cause I didn't think it gave me any more of an advantage either.  It's just like if someone logged in, while in the loading screen minimized the window, watched a 10 minute video, then logged back in again. All it let me do is leave my computer to clean the house and watch my son, while I waited for my crops to grow.

I really don't see how I have done so much damage that I am forced to donate to a free server I never had the full chance to even play.

I can try to help with building (obviously if you let me), but I don't know any more then what you already have, but I can do my best.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:53:41 am by Pythonhier »

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:06 am »
I do get what python is coming from but a lot of people have been punished for auto logging mod so I don't see what would make your situation any different

In addition to me quoting tenebraemaximus.

I need to add, your signature is awesome. I love Haruhi, and Mirai Nikki.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »

I didn't know that rule four meant auto logging, cause I didn't think it gave me any more of an advantage either.  It's just like if someone logged in, while in the loading screen minimized the window, watched a 10 minute video, then logged back in again. All it let me do is leave my computer to clean the house and watch my son, while I waited for my crops to grow.

Only issue here is it happened at least 10 times, probably more because I wasn't watching, and spammed join, leave, kick messages every 10 minutes.

Build server is free to join, Hoenn is the current region that needs progress made. Application is in the Hoenn Board.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:03:33 pm »
There's a couple reasons log bots are bad, 1 it takes up a server slot, 2 it allows you to grow crops faster which allows you to level your herbalism skill faster, and 3 it keepsakes chunk loaded that doesn't need to be, the more chunks loaded the more strain on the server, which is something we like to avoid
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »
Sorry I didn't know it would be so strong.  I just wanted to finish my enchantment area, I never meant to break any rules (0r raise my herb skill I couldn't care less about that skill.).  I just  assumed it would be the same as standing there moving a spot, going afk, moving a spot, going afk, rinse, and repeat.  Boy was I surprised after standing to go watch my son and I came back banned QQ.

I also didn't know it was "botting" or giving me a player advantage, since others could just do the same going afk watching a vid or something moving and continuing like that.  Botting to me is when you dl something that legit controls your player, walks, and does things for you.  Like botting in Runescape.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:29:05 pm by Pythonhier »

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »
I also didn't know it was "botting" or giving me a player advantage, since others could just do the same going afk watching a vid or something moving and continuing like that.  Botting to me is when you dl something that legit controls your player, walks, and does things for you.  Like botting in Runescape.

Botting covers pretty much anything that the player can do by themselves, but their client automates instead, thus not requiring the player to pay any attention to their game.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »
This is the single best ban appeal I have so in a long time and on that sole fact I would vote for your appeal for free. You actually made a format that was easy to read rather than the cluster-fuck of paragraphs that we get daily. You deserve to be an example; if that's a compliment.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »
This is the single best ban appeal I have so in a long time and on that sole fact I would vote for your appeal for free. You actually made a format that was easy to read rather than the cluster-fuck of paragraphs that we get daily. You deserve to be an example; if that's a compliment.
Thanks for the approval of the application  All I did was just use the ban appeal guide posted by 1ce and turned it into an application skeleton.  I would have hated it not to be organized.  If you want you guys can use it as a ban appeal application, and take credit, cause it is only derived from the list of things a ban appeal needs that 1ce posted (excluding the repetitive requirements, and shortening sentences).  Also thank you for the vote for my appeal.  Love you Paradox ^.^.

P.S; I found another misplaced sand block.  it's a sand block in the side of a saffron building, on the right side if I remember correctly, somewhere around the bottom left corner of the city.  If and when I get unbanned i'll show you where.  Don't know if it was a misplaced block, or if the owner of the building (if it's a house) changed the block he/r self (with the assumption that you can change the look of your house).

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9026
  • Meow
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:27 am »
I agree with para.
I also suggest maybe building like a route or trees to get unbanned? I didnt think you had to get approved as builder to do an unban build of some trees unless it changed and I wasnt told.

You seen awesome and I hope to see you on the server :3

P.s
+100 points for liking Mirai Nikki, I just got done watching it and its amazing.

[4/10/2014 8:28:39 PM] †eneßrae: hey mio, if you had to do bestiality what would you do it with
[4/10/2014 8:28:45 PM] Miosio: your mother
[4/10/2014 8:28:50 PM] 1cec0ld: lol
[4/10/2014 8:28:51 PM] Daaron: heyo

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:59 am »
I like your Taste in anime Python :3

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 04:56:19 pm »
Addressed.