Poll

Allowing mining, but not allowed gold ore pickup.

Yes, This is good, hard to get money.
10 (45.5%)
No, This is bad, easy to get money
3 (13.6%)
Yes, I want iron and other ores for selling for housing and decor.
2 (9.1%)
No, Make people have to work for hours to get housing decor.
3 (13.6%)
Gotta catch 'em all
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: August 27, 2013, 02:43:23 am

Author Topic: Money Suggestion  (Read 8098 times)

MrBaconaneggs

• Cool Trainer
  • Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -7
  • The Baconator
Money Suggestion
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:41:12 am »
I find it hard to make money on this server, so hard that I took a loan from Oddy to get one of his master balls for a trade later on.

I think you guys should add in mining, but disable the ability to pick up gold ore.

So we can have iron, sell the iron and other ores and get diamonds easier.

This is just a suggestion so please don't hate or flame, I am not the only one that thinks this is a good idea.

Points we talked about are:

Buying a house will make you poor.
If Heal signs are removed having to buy food will be hard.
Can't easily get enough money to buy stuff for my pokemon.

These are some of the points please look over it everyone and state your opinion.
"Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."  - Giovanni

Ad...

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
Re: Money Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:30:24 am »
i agree with you Bacon, It would be much more efficient

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 06:08:50 am »
Theres no mining in the Pokémon world. The server is trying its best to emulate the games.

Of course buying a house will make you poor if you've only just gotten enough money for one on a server thats brand new.

Heal signs aren't removed, I don't know what you mean by that...

Pokémon is a grind in game, and will be here too. If you aren't prepared to work for what you need, you wont appreciate what you get.

MrBaconaneggs

• Cool Trainer
  • The Baconator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »
Theres no mining in the Pokémon world. The server is trying its best to emulate the games.

Of course buying a house will make you poor if you've only just gotten enough money for one on a server thats brand new.

Heal signs aren't removed, I don't know what you mean by that...

Pokémon is a grind in game, and will be here too. If you aren't prepared to work for what you need, you wont appreciate what you get.

I understand all this Tene, But in Pokemon you got a lot more cash, and it would only help to be able to mine. The drop rates are low for the items, and selling 5 of them isn't giving that much worth. I do grind and by the end of the day I only get a couple things and they are typically pokeballs
"Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."  - Giovanni

jibbyfunk

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: -6
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
You can't buy a house in the Pokemon games.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »
You can't buy a house in the Pokemon games.
speaking of, what's the point to owning a house on this server
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

MrBaconaneggs

• Cool Trainer
  • The Baconator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:16:44 am »
speaking of, what's the point to owning a house on this server

You can't buy a house but you can have a secret base.

and To Oddy, To store items and decor

KABO000OM

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -1
  • WEEEEEE
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 09:25:30 am »

I understand all this Tene, But in Pokemon you got a lot more cash, and it would only help to be able to mine. The drop rates are low for the items, and selling 5 of them isn't giving that much worth. I do grind and by the end of the day I only get a couple things and they are typically pokeballs

In the Pokemon games you get money from beating other trainers. Thats why its so easy to get rich! In our server, we don't get money from beating trainers! So I think if we added that in it would be better! Even if you only get it from beating the Pixelmon trainers spread across that map, and not the actual people on the server!
TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!

^__^ My Life Story ^__^

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:51 am »
I think it's going in the right direction, but I agree that there isn't quite enough money being made. I have a full team of pokemon just under level 50, and in that grind I have earned enough for the pokeballs to catch a few other pokemon (5 or 6 more in my pc) and a house now, If I wanted it. I'm not a fan of the mining idea. We would need to create a new wilds map like on the non-pixelmon server.

Instead, I would like to see more ways to supplement the economy without a totally new concept like mining. A slight pricing change would be nice in the pokemarts. Adjusting some signs so that not everything is 5 for 1 nugget except enderpearls. Keep the common ones such as leather and raw beef, but bump some of the more rare ones up to 4 or 3 for a nugget. For example, magnemite/magneton is quite rare. They drop iron, and I've only ever found 4 of it. It doesn't make sense to have that iron valued at the same price as something as common as leather. Adding new drops to pokemon without them would help too.

I would also like to see things such as small amounts of money won from npcs, or the chance to pull up a nugget while fishing, but I'm not sure how plausible these are.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:22:56 am by Daanor »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 04:44:29 am »
A slight pricing change would be nice in the pokemarts. Adjusting some signs so that not everything is 5 for 1 nugget except enderpearls. Keep the common ones such as leather and raw beef, but bump some of the more rare ones up to 4 or 3 for a nugget. For example, magnemite/magneton is quite rare. They drop iron, and I've only ever found 4 of it. It doesn't make sense to have that iron valued at the same price as something as common as leather.

Wow, what a good idea, why didn't I think of that?

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »
I think that pokeballs are overpriced. I'm fine with big things like stones and houses costing a lot, but when pokeballs are this expensive, it really discourages players to catch em all.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 08:19:57 pm »
I think that pokeballs are overpriced. I'm fine with big things like stones and houses costing a lot, but when pokeballs are this expensive, it really discourages players to catch em all.

$2 each is not expensive.

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 08:46:42 pm »
Not just standard pokeballs...

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »
Not just standard pokeballs...

They have better catch rates, so of course they'll cost more. You aren't forced to buy the higher tier balls. Stick with PokéBalls if you have to.

KABO000OM

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -1
  • WEEEEEE
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:24 am »
They have better catch rates, so of course they'll cost more. You aren't forced to buy the higher tier balls. Stick with PokéBalls if you have to.

I'm pretty sure Great Balls have 3x more chance of catching a Pokemon compared to a Poke Ball! Therefore I think they should cost $6!

But Ultra Balls have 3x more chance than a Great Ball, so it should be $18!

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this but this is what I had learned when I played the games!
TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!

^__^ My Life Story ^__^