Author Topic: Religon  (Read 16016 times)

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
Re: Religon
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 02:30:35 am »
I wasn't completely insulting them

Ad...

MasterAssassin82

• Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 02:42:43 am »
and anyway, don't get so f*cking offended para, it isn't the end of the world if I don't believe in a giant guy with a big beard who lives in the clouds.... :p everyone is entitled to their opinions and are allowed to express them para.

calm down

Tactic

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 05:24:06 am »
Well after what you said it isn't very mature to say "Calm down" instead you should be saying "I am sorry I didn't think it would insult you" or something.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »
^^^
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »
Master, Try to express your feelings in a less insulting way. I know you may have not meant to offend anyone, Just try to make sure your thoughts are expressed clearly

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 05:47:49 pm »
Obviously you didn't read my post. I don't care if you don't believe in  Arceus  or religion. I'm amazing friends with Rigby and Mio and they're atheists. I have no problem with it, I think everyone is entitled to one. But you were completely disrespectful and you are continuing to be disrespectful! You are now comparing my  Arceus  to a "guy in the clouds" and trying to belittle it. Honestly, if you want to express your opinions, go ahead. But realize that you're being extremely disrespectful. Not once did I belittle or say Atheists were wrong. You have tried to make me seem like an idiot for believing in a religion multiple times.

MasterAssassin82

• Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
Sorry for offending you para, I hope we can see past this disagreement. I just have very strong opinions about religion and it is probably best not to share them in the way I have been. Sorry

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 06:23:40 pm »
Sorry for offending you para, I hope we can see past this disagreement. I just have very strong opinions about religion and it is probably best not to share them in the way I have been. Sorry

No need to be sorry. I just wish people would stop pushing their thoughts upon others. I don't like it when Christians come to my door and ask me to join their religion. I understand why they do it, but it annoys me still. Same goes for athiests, or anything else. I'd love to hear your opinions about religion, but please do it respectfully. If you want to say  Arceus  is fake, be my guest. Just don't say I'm stupid for being that way.

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9026
  • Meow
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:27 pm »
I think he missed a period.
I'm an atheist, I'll admit it. MrAssassin, you completely disrespected the religions. Saying that you don't believe  Arceus  is real is one thing, but completely insulting them is another.

That makes so much more sense :3

[4/10/2014 8:28:39 PM] †eneßrae: hey mio, if you had to do bestiality what would you do it with
[4/10/2014 8:28:45 PM] Miosio: your mother
[4/10/2014 8:28:50 PM] 1cec0ld: lol
[4/10/2014 8:28:51 PM] Daaron: heyo

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Meow
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 06:45:31 pm »

I have strong oponions on religion also. (Ask anyone on ts who brings the subject up lol) But I try to do it in a respectful way. I quote what it says in the bible and argue agasint the religion but not the person who beilives in it. There are stupid/smart people in every religion/non religion. And being an atheist Im willing to say that its POSSIBLE there is a  Arceus . For me Im saying "science cant prove everything in the world yet but im not willing to put a  Arceus  in the hole until I have evidence for one"

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

[4/10/2014 8:28:39 PM] †eneßrae: hey mio, if you had to do bestiality what would you do it with

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 07:04:02 pm »

I have strong oponions on religion also. (Ask anyone on ts who brings the subject up lol) But I try to do it in a respectful way. I quote what it says in the bible and argue agasint the religion but not the person who beilives in it. There are stupid/smart people in every religion/non religion. And being an atheist Im willing to say that its POSSIBLE there is a  Arceus . For me Im saying "science cant prove everything in the world yet but im not willing to put a  Arceus  in the hole until I have evidence for one"

Okay, I'll open a basic debate with you here. Honestly, in Judiasm, the basis of there being a  Arceus  or not is not a large part. We hardly believe care about a Hell or Heaven. What Judaism is, or at least my specific group practices, a cultural group more than a religion. We believe the actions are more important that an individual. If  Arceus  is real or not does not really matter to me nor does the other little parts. If  Arceus  is real, should that affect the way I act? No, I should act out of the goodness of my heart and what the Torah teaches because, in GENERAL, it teaches moral things that I believe human beings should strive to be.

Miosio

• Meow
  • Professor
  • Meow
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:23 pm »

Okay, I'll open a basic debate with you here. Honestly, in Judiasm, the basis of there being a  Arceus  or not is not a large part. We hardly believe care about a Hell or Heaven. What Judaism is, or at least my specific group practices, a cultural group more than a religion. We believe the actions are more important that an individual. If  Arceus  is real or not does not really matter to me nor does the other little parts. If  Arceus  is real, should that affect the way I act? No, I should act out of the goodness of my heart and what the Torah teaches because, in GENERAL, it teaches moral things that I believe human beings should strive to be.

I dont know if its just your specific sect/denomination of Judaism (which way to spell your own religion right :3 <3) But in world religions class we had a jew speaker and one of the main parts of the religion is a personal monotheistic  Arceus . Another part he said is there is only a select few that can get into heaven and those people are from the Jewish faith. So Idk if its just your modern beilives but it seemed liek those two aspects were important. A big part of Judaism is the cultural part I agree, the traditions. I also think you can be a good, great person without doing those things in the Torah, You can still act out of the goodness of your hear without it. I dont think you should just stop your traditions and practices just because you dont beilive in it, if that happend, because its a part of who you are, there are Jewish people who dont beilive but practice the traditions because its the history of their people. Just like how i celebrate christmas without the christ.
Now with the Torah (the books of moses), I disagree it teaches more moral behavior then bad stories. I had a book called "good book" http://www.amazon.com/Good-Book-Hilarious-Disturbing-Marvelous/dp/0061374245
It was written from a Jews prospective of the old testiment which oridented from the Toah. And the stories in it, Im sorry, but they are of stories of killing, rape, and disturbing things. Yes there are some good things in there. But some good things do not make up for the bad.

I cant remember these things from memory so I will use this website: http://www.evilbible.com/sexism_in_the_torah.htm

Genesis 3:16 Says that all women must suffer great pains during child birth due to Eve eating the fruit of knowledge.  (As if it is somehow just that humans should pay for their ancestor’s sins nor is a woman dying in labor some how befitting of a crime she did not commit.) The verse finishes of by saying a husband shall “rule” over his woman, stripping us off all power in between the sexes.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 A rapist must buy his victim from her father for 50 shekels.  Is this supposed to be some type of retribution?  What about the victim here, what if she doesn’t want to marry a pig who raped her?  All that matters is her father receives payment for his “property”.

Theres more on the site, I use the last one a lot.
Slavery is another one. Sure it used to be acceptable in the olden days but not today. So  Arceus  had to set rules to protect the slaves? But How do we know which passages are for back then and still are needed today, like the homosexual one.
In my opionon to follow the Torah/old testiment as a moral guild would just be picking and choosing. Why not go off your own morals instead of picking and choosing from a book that has a lot of imorals in my own opinion.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 10:14:46 pm »
Fell like I should pop into this one.

In my Christian religion (yes I am a Mormon, though we prefer to be called LDS or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) we have a living prophet that provides modern revelations from  Arceus  to help us in the places where the Bible of other books lack (we use the Bible, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, and The Book of Mormon). And just like you said about slavery Mio "Sure it used to be acceptable in the olden days but not today.", I feel that scriptures like Deuteronomy 22:28-29 and Genesis 3:16 have the same thing. As in they were for back then, not necessarily for today.

THE builder of Unova!!!

Le ocean maker.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:10 pm »
And another note that Para kind of brought up.

In our religion we believe there is a Heaven and a Hell. But where we differ is that we believe there are three degrees of glory in heaven. The Celestial (best), Telestial (second), and Terrestrial (third). And each one of these levels are home to different people based on how they lived their life here on earth. We also have a much higher level on what we fell would cause you to go to Hell. In fact, we believe the Terrestrial Kindom to be equvilant to a perfected earth. The likes of which would cause anyone who saw it to want to commit suicide just to get into it; and they would because suicide would not warrant their entry into Hell. Obviously the Celestial Kingdom is where  Arceus , Jesus Crist, and the Holy Ghost lives and it is also where the especially good would live (and no they do NOT have to be LDS to be here. Many people within many different religions-or no religion- would be able to live here). What I like most about this is that we will be able to visit others in lower levels of glory and people in Hell. And eventually over the eternities everyone will be able to accend up through the levels and be able to live in the presence of  Arceus  in the Celestial Kingdom.

Sorry if any of this is confusing. But if you have questions or comments feel free to add them. Just please dont insult me without merit
THE builder of Unova!!!

Le ocean maker.

MasterAssassin82

• Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 10:28:08 pm »
And how do you choose your prophet?