Author Topic: Whats the better idea for a new Pokemon game?  (Read 4920 times)

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
Whats the better idea for a new Pokemon game?
« on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:05 pm »
What do you guys think a better idea for  a new Pokemon game with all regions!? You see me and dc were arguing  about what regions would go after the other or what regions will go well together. If there were all six regions in the game then of course the game card could not hold all the data. But if they split it into two games with 3 different regions in each one of them then it would be playable on 3ds/3dsxl/2ds etc. I said kanto, johto and kalos would go together and hoenn, sinnoh and unove would be good. But dc said Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh would be a good match as well as Hoenn, Unova and kalos. You guys can say your opinions on this and also say if you think other combinations would be better. So what do you guys think?

Ad...

ryan22424

• Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -6
  • Wat
Re: Whats the better idea for a new Pokemon game?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »
Honestly, I don't think that any combination of these would be good. What most gamers (including me...) want out of a game is something innovative and new, something that makes the game stand out from the others. This is why Pokemon became so popular when it came out. It gave a unique taste to the gaming community back then, and made capabilities of video gaming more noticable. So I really think that making another Pokemon game, without having some fresh ideas put into it, would be a bad game overall.
Read my stories!

]

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:38:50 am »
It would be fresh because they can put different plots/story lines into it. And if they make new regions, people would want new Pokemon too. Like ali said in one off his topics is that some of the Pokemon designs are getting worse and much more complex. And it is quite hard to make new Pokemon to make them likable. And many people think that making more connection between the regions will make the games more fun. For example, Heart Gold and Soul Silver had more than one region and it became very successful and enjoyable. So why not give 3 regions a shot? Remember some people like the old stuff. I don't know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody (got that quote off the forum). So in the end some people want new things and some people want the old things. But you never know what will turn out the best so you could be right.

ryan22424

• Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Wat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »
It would be fresh because they can put different plots/story lines into it. And if they make new regions, people would want new Pokemon too. Like ali said in one off his topics is that some of the Pokemon designs are getting worse and much more complex. And it is quite hard to make new Pokemon to make them likable. And many people think that making more connection between the regions will make the games more fun. For example, Heart Gold and Soul Silver had more than one region and it became very successful and enjoyable. So why not give 3 regions a shot? Remember some people like the old stuff. I don't know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody (got that quote off the forum). So in the end some people want new things and some people want the old things. But you never know what will turn out the best so you could be right.
You have a point there, and yes, there are people who like the old stuff. But a new story line will not be enough to most minds in our reality today. For instance, take the new customization for your trainer recently added into the most current Pokemon games; Pokemon X and Y. This feature made it to where you could make your trainer look exactly like you wanted, and not have to stick with the same design the whole game. The Pokemon Company needs another idea like that, but better. If they can do that, then the game would most likely stick out from the others, just like X and Y does for the 3D perspective and customization.
Read my stories!

]

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:21 am »
I see your point. What if they introduce poke walker again because with the new animations it will look awesome. What I have always wanted is for them to introduce Pokemon contests, but with battles and you can combine your moves and stuff like that. But other than that I agree with you

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »
I read a quote somewhere from Junichi Masuda that said that if he implemented all the user ideas into one game, it would be horrible.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

ryan22424

• Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Wat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:33 pm »
I read a quote somewhere from Junichi Masuda that said that if he implemented all the user ideas into one game, it would be horrible.
Yes, yes it would.
Read my stories!

]

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 10:21:53 am »
Ok then I guess this will not be a good idea, you win.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:37 am »
I still want a Hoenn remake, and a Mystery Dungeon game for Gen 6.

That's all I really want in games from GameFreak for now.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

ryan22424

• Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Wat
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:17:31 pm »
Ok then I guess this will not be a good idea, you win.
heh. yeah.

I still want a Hoenn remake, and a Mystery Dungeon game for Gen 6.

That's all I really want in games from GameFreak for now.

I want another mystery dungeon game too. I love to cry at the endings...
Read my stories!

]

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
I'll lock the topic now, short debate  ;)