Author Topic: Legendary Bosses  (Read 6172 times)

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
Legendary Bosses
« on: July 26, 2016, 10:49:11 pm »
I was thinking of something that might be a cool idea. I was wondering if it were possible to the "Legendary Pokemon" sort of like raid bosses. You'd have to trek through a dungeon infested with stronger enemies then the norm and afterwards fight the legendary on a hazardous battlefield.

I know right now it would be a bad time to add, but it would be a cool gimmick to make/invite friends on the server and obtain gear or items that would normally be hard to obtain. (like notch apples) It could also serve as a way to gain more exp for mcmmo abilities since the new leveling curve is more then likey going to be much harder then the current one. (Thanks 1ce!)

This was just something I was mulling over for a few days and decided to share. Feel free to leave your thoughts here :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:54:11 pm by r1579 »

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Legendary Bosses
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 03:59:04 am »
This sounds like something good that could be done with an area of the map such as Turnback Cave in Sinnoh, or somewhere similar. Would it be like MobArena where only one person/group at a time, or can people progress through the rooms as they want.

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:46 am »
I was thinking it should be always open. I would find it extremely annoying if one person entered and locked the whole area because of it. (plus I don't want people waiting x amount of hours and complaining that they have lives to go back to) The dungeon would be open for a period of time to face off against the legendary and beat the dungeon. Anyone brave enough could gear up and rush the dungeon, but whether people team up or fight solo is up to them.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 03:11:53 pm »
Is it just coincidence that you are "Entering Mt. Moon"?

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 02:01:24 am »
Yes. I like to hang out around mt moon. Since most people like shortcuts, nobody goes through the cave. It's my little hangout spot :)

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 05:14:00 am »
I've got some sort of idea that could implement this into the server. Thinking along the lines of Rumble.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 04:46:51 am »
The health/damage of mobs and bosses could simply increase as more players join. Relative to the number of joiners of course.