Author Topic: Zombie, 1ce, and 2 Gods  (Read 1250 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Zombie, 1ce, and 2 Gods
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:29:05 am »
So I'll write this story. I already told Rigby in game earlier. He didn't get the full version though. Only I know it.

So it started when I was in ts because Oddy dragged me in for the other issue. He gave me the chat log, I minimized ts and forgot about it. Then Suddenly I'm poked while watching a tv show, and its some gym leader, forgot which one, saying we have hackers on the server, time for the ban game (or something like that)
So I join, see two players, Haterz16 and brandet31 (or something similar) just standing there while everyone hits them.
I use /burn haterz 5 to test the  Arceus , and it doesn't hurt him. So I pop out of the vanish and ask how they do it.
They respond "Why should we tell if its just going to be patched anyways"
I answer "You're not going to use it here whether its by patch or by ban."
Haterz says "Its not xray or a movement hack, so your threat is invalid"
They still refuse to explain, so I /sudo hater spawn and /sudo brand spawn to get them out of the maelstrom of pvp, and then I notice haterz ask why he's burning. So I see a flaw in their hack.
Brand says "Fine, you can hurt us, but you still can't kill us. Try lightning, drowning, or even lava."
So, I use /ban brand lava
Then I laugh at the crowd as they get the joke. And throw in /ban haterz you're invalid
for the fun of it.

Then another player logs in. Apparently he had been on yesterday, so wasn't new. Then I hear someone say "another hacker to ban" and so I go through the same method of asking how he's doing it. He also refuses to answer. So I get in ts and tell Zombiedood what's going on, how theres a  Arceus  mode here and what he thinks I should do. (Zombie had been afk before then, I just got him because I heard the *dink of a message in chat.) So Zombie joins, and starts playing the GOOD GUY. He kindly asks how the guy is doing it, how its unfair, and I don't even remember what else, all I remember thinking is "When the fuck did he start playing good cop and me playing bad cop? Am I in some alternate universe?" So with all that, the  Arceus -mode Jinko123 said all he wanted to do is watch pvp.
That's it. Made no sense to me, I still saw problems with other players trying to copy them, if it exists as a hack, someone will google it, and they won't be so easygoing, I was paranoid with threats to the server. However, Zombie offered him a deal. If we could find a way for him to simply watch pvp, not interfere of even participate in the server in any way, would he accept it. He agreed.
So using vanish.* and -vanish.vanish permissions, we made it so that they log in and log out invisible, and can't interact with any part of the map, nor can they inflict damage to anything. Then Jinko123 revealed himself to be Brand. Then another player 99henrik logged in, and was revealed to be haterz. So both of these players are allowed to roam the server invisible. In order to see gym fights, we also gave them essentials.tp (not tphere) and this will happen invisible, so no threat to the players.
The -vanish.vanish permission disables the /vanish command, so they should not be able to turn visible. However, I did notice 99henrik going visible a few times, don't know how he did it. If they start going visible, causing trouble, or anything besides watching (or sometimes provoking) pvp, I suggest no hesitation to ban. That might be part of my bad-cop personality coming out tho.

And /ban haterz

Ad...

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
Re: Zombie, 1ce, and 2 Gods
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:33 am »
lol Good cop, I jus wanted to talk to them and find out what they were up to. Makes no sense to want to watch pvp but hey if thats what they want its pretty neat to have our own Server Ghosts. 8)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email: