Author Topic: The Walking Man  (Read 7666 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
The Walking Man
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:04:23 am »

Chapter 1

Section 1: The Introduction

Darkness. That's all I remember when I woke up. Well, if you consider what the state I was in as waking up. I mean, I was aware of reality, but my eyes were not open and I couldn't feel anything. I tried to move but I felt like I had no energy inside my body. I layed there in the silence of my own thoughts. "Where am I", I pondered, trying to recollect my thoughts. It's a scary thing, trying to remember the basics principles of a man. Realizing that you had no control or idea of your position on Earth is something no person should ever feel. Unfortunately for me, this feeling only intensified because I couldn't remember where I was. As the sense of feel started to surround me, somehow my body got the message that I need to find out where I was. I felt the adrenalin pump through my veins, and had just enough energy to open my eyes. When my eyes opened, I greedily took in my surroundings.

Directly above me I saw wooden ceiling that had a large circular hole, about 5 feet in diameter. It wasn't much of anything to see really, but it was something. There was no light in the room, but my eyes slowly grew adjusted to the surroundings. Slowly and surely, I started to get more energy, and I was able to budge around. I lifted my head off the ground that I was laying on and quickly realized that was a bad idea. I felt my head have some sort of sticky liquid on the back and my head started to spin. I put my head back down on the ground, and layed there, waiting.

What was I waiting for? I don't know.

Section 2: The Cell

Life is funny. You think you have it all figured out, but you never really do. You sit there, looking at society, history, mankind, and you believe that you've made progress. But realistically, you have no chance. None of us do. We're all in the dark. We're all surrounded by the utter control of something larger than us. And what is that, you think to yourself? It's life. That's why I like to keep that sweet motto in my head: Life is funny.

It felt like hours before I decided to move again. And it felt like days trying to push myself off the ground. And it felt like years finally getting to stand. But time needs to be taken out of perspective because it's impossible to know how long it really took. All I knew was that I was off the ground and I was standing. It seemed pretty obvious that I was in a basement. It had everything there normally was: a hard, concrete floor, a wooden ceiling, some stairs that didn't seem sturdy, and lot of tables. That's where it starts to deviate a bit from the normal. There were hundreds and hundreds of tables, probably stretching for half a mile. The place was huge. And the tables had weird scientific instrument that I had never seen before. What is this place? How did I get here? I didn't know much, but I knew one thing: I had to get out of here.

I couldn't stay long, I knew that for sure. If I stayed, they'd come for me. How would they find me, I don't know. How long would it take for them to find me. I didn't know either. What would they do to me? I didn't want to know. So, the most logical thing I knew at that time to do was get out. I walked towards the stairs and slowly started to climb them. Each step made a creak as I walked up, and every step made the hair on my back stand. I finally made it to the top and found myself face to face with a door. I turned the knob, opened the door, waiting to see what was on the other side.

I looked at the lobby before me. I couldn't look at it long. My eyes started to water, my mouth started to slowly open, my nose started to burn.

Life is funny.

Section 3: The Split

People say we learn from our experiences. That a human being is merely a snowball rolling down a hill, slowly collecting more and more snow; thus increasing and picking up new profound knowledge. But then people say too much knowledge is bad, that we must be censored to some things to inhibit us from entering insanity. It's these conflicting views that bother me. From my standpoint, looking back at the situation and the horror that layed before me, I know which was correct of the viewpoints, and at the same point, I don't. Ironic, huh?

The lobby. It will never leave my mind. I have nightmares to this day about it. I think about the blood that was everywhere. And I mean everywhere. It dripped from the ceiling into disgusting puddles on the ground. There were about 15 or so dead bodies of various people around the lobby, all having experienced horrible deaths. In the middle there was a woman, who appeared to be in her mid-forties, burned to death. Her skin had a blackish tint to it that looked as if she had been through a large fire. Her hair was missing, and her eyes were missing. At some points of her head I could see a dark skull, which appeared to be burn.

On her lap was a severed hand. There was no linkage to the hand, it was merely that. Her burned hand was holding it. From the looks of it, I estimated the limb to have been from a 7 year old.

In the center of the room were bodies that were randomly sprawled around. They seemed to have been beaten to death. They had missing eyes, and their hair was missing in random places. One of them was completely black in the middle of his stomach from what appeared to be repeated punches. One of the men that layed there seem to be missing a majority of his leg, which I found laying a few feet away from him.

And in the right of the lobby was one of the most  gruesome of them all. There was about 6 or 7 bodies that layed there with goop coming from all of their pores. There was this purple glop pouring out of their ears, nose, mouth, eyes. It seemed liked they had drowned to death from whatever it was.

I won't lie, I puked many times. It was a painful process. It would stand up, walk a few feet, see a man burned to death, and throw up. Rinse and repeat. But life is like this. You need to learn the hardships and the unfairness. And at this time, all I could think of is why this happened. Why did a young child get burned to death? I knew from the start who did this, but I just didn't want to. Sometimes it's easier to blame things on things you don't understand. Sometimes, it's better not to know.

Chapter 2
Section 1: The Integration

Society leads us to believe that we all have some part in this world. That we're all a cog in the huge machine of the universe. Quite an interesting idea, if you ask me. I mean, the entire fate of...everything, relies on your part. Your ideas. Your actions. Which is a shame sometimes. Some people don't like to work. Some people like to be the cog that stops. Some people like to be the cog that breaks. Some people like to be the cog that breaks the entire machine. But that's why we have handymen: To replace the cogs that aren't fit for our society. To change those that we don't like.

How I got outside, I don't know. Ever since I woke up, time seem to be distorted. I had no idea where I was. The best way to describe the place I was is that is resembled a somewhat urban city. There were houses and houses galore that seemed to go on for miles. The sun was shining so brightly upon the concrete that it almost burned my eyes. I looked behind me at the building: it appeared to be a somewhat large business building of sorts. I had never seen it in my life.

Silence. Impossible to describe yet everyone knows it. Silence. There was no one around me. The houses all seemed to have been abdicated. I heard no one, nobody, nothing. I looked to my left and to my right, it was quite obvious that I was on some sort of main road. Deciding to go with convention, I decided to walk rightaege9waogawag awgeh...fwaf3watg w4aawgweafafewahhfewal;hf;weahfwaegj'rajg'awh
e
arhaer
h
etsh
AESDG

How I got outside, I don't know. Ever since I woke up, time seem to be distorted. I had no idea where I was. The best way to describe the place I was is that is resembled a somewhat urban city. Well, if you can consider it an urban city anymore. The houses were all broken down; there were vines growing everywhere. Looking up, all I saw were clouds. Dark clouds. Not much to light the mood. I looked behind me at the building: it appeared to be a somewhat large business building of sorts. I had never seen it in my life.

Noise. All I heard were the whispers and the screaming of people. Noise. There was no one around me. The houses all seemed to have been abdicated. I don't know how, I don't know why. It was as if someone took all the physical bodies of the people around me, but left their speaking souls to continue to roam. I looked to my left and to my right, it was quite obvious that I was on some sort of main road. Deciding to go with convention, I decided to walk left.

Section 2: The Separation

Why does human kind have a feeling to have supremacy over other humans? I don't understand it. They don't feel like they need to be better than others. But us humans? We have to have power, have to have control, have to own! Why is that? Do we feel we need to compensa0jgeajgjawd

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. You're fast asleep. Tick tock, you soon will weep. Tick, tock, you can't leave us now. Tick, tock, you've given the deathly vow. Tick tock,  tick, tock.

te for our need of greed, of desire? I don't understand it. I really don't.

Walking down the right road took for what seem forever. All there was were the sounds of my footsteps, my heavy breathing, and my occasional flap of the wind. As I passed by the houses, I would look up at the sky and see things fly in the sky. I saw a few Gyiedp's flying around, but that was common. I had grown my entire life around them, no need to be scared of them. Of course, there were some accounts where they swooped down and killed a random person. Sad thing. Thinking back on it, I remember hearing about how the attacks increased. Where did I hear about that? How did I hear about that? No, no, no, when I hear abou987gjfjdjhj ajdsjjg

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. You're fast asleep. Tick tock, you soon will weep. Tick, tock, you can't leave us now. Tick, tock, you've given the deathly vow. Tick tock,  tick, tock.

I opened my eyes. After walking down that left lane for so long, I finally came to a one story building. I saw through the windows that it was a lobby or sorts, not that I had a lot of luck with those anyways. I didn't really want to go in, but the noise here was killing me. I couldn't stand it. The empty noise. I had to get away. I went to open the door, but as I did, a Ipyegd flew right by me. I smiled a bit. I had grown my entire life around them, no need to be scared of them.

Section 3: Blackouts

No... no... I'm so confused... I don't want to be asleep, let me wake up, let me wake up, LET ME WAKE UP.

I opened my eyes. It wasn't a sudden opening, but more as if it took every inch of me to open my eyes. It felt like forever, but I knew it was only a matter of seconds. Directly above me was a yellow man. No... not a yellow man, it was a Drowzee. "Wha...what's going on here?" I uttered, trying to gain recogintion of where I was. My head was throbbing, and from what I could tell, I was in some sort of labratory.

"He's awake!" the Drowzee said. "I don't know how, but he's awake! What do we do?"
"Put him back under."
"Yes sir".

"No, no, no!" I screamed. "Where am I? Who are you people? What's going on!"

My eyes started to droop. I felt like the world was falling quickly away from me. I tried to stay awake, but it was impossible. Drowzee's hypnosis was always impossible to avoid. I felt a blackness surround me, but not a scary one. A familiar blackness...

I opened my eyes. There I was, standing in front of the building still. Why did I keep closing my eyes? I don't remember closing them... A bit confused, I walked into the building.

Chapter 3

Section 1: The Pieces

I walked into the building, but wasn't too excited with what I found. It was a pretty boring building, nothing really in it. To my right was a counter desk of some sort, where a lady would normally be behind. The lights we out, and the placed seemed pretty... dead. There were some chairs and tables scattered loosely around the building, and there was a huge rug between me and the other door on the opposite side. I walked a few steps, and the smell of mildew entered my nose; it was grotesque. As I walked, I saw a few broken pictures on the ground, but they didn't seem very important. "What is this place?" I asked myself. "Why is everything...broken?"

I finally got to the door and opened it. It appeared to be a route of sorts, just an average one. It seemed similar to one I had seen in the past, but I couldn't bring up the memory. There was grass, some trees, and a nice sand path that seemed to lead to a city. Sadly, the scenery reflected the mood of the former building; everything seemed dead. I started to walk down the route, a bit depressed. The sky was still dim and dark, and it didn't give me a good feeling. I hoped I would find some people at the next city.

Then it happened.

"STOP TRAINER!" A gruff voice said from behind me. The hairs on my back stood up.

Section 2: Instinct
Human instinct is an amazing thing. And that's an understatement. There is no way to describe human instinct. As a person enters more and more intensive situations, one becomes less human and more... animal. Adrenaline pumps through the blood and all moralities are excluded from decisions. It becomes life or death. Smell becomes more distinct; images become sharper; sounds become more prevalent. The human need for life is such a vanity in the society we live in, we just tend to forget what really got us to where we are now: instinct.

I turned around slowly. Well, slowly is not the perfect way to describe it. It wasn't the speed of how fast I turned that mattered, it was the intensity. I had heard that voice from somewhere before, but I had no idea where.

There he was. He was standing near the building I had exited, about forty or so feet away from me. It was a Drowzee. I had rarely seen them in my life, but the few times I had seen them was a bit... off. They always scared me; then again, physic types always scared me. But this one was... different. I could tell from a distance this one was crazy. He didn't have that lazy expression on his face like most did, but he had some crazy spark in him. And his right ear looked as if someone had cut off part of it.

"You can't escape!" He said, his eyes becoming more wild.
"Who are you?"
"You don't know me?" The Drowzee replied, though his tone sounded a bit hurt. "Well, I guess you haven't gotten that far into the experiment yet. You'll know me soon enough. But enough of that, you need to come back with me."

I blinked a few times, registering what was going on. My heart started to beat faster, objects became more sharp. I knew I had one option:

I turned around and ran.

Section 3: The Beginning.

Running is an amazing feat that we take for granted. Of course, we're not the best at it in the world, but most other living organisms cannot run as fast as us, as persistent as us, as willingly as us. We take running as a more leisure activity, but when put into the real world, running is quite the tool to us in combat and in fleeing. I regret the things that I did that would inhibit me from doing that. But that's a later story.

I felt my feet pounding upon the ground as I sprinted. I wasn't too sure where I was sprinting, I just knew I wanted to get away and as soon as possible. I went through some tall grass as I ran down the sand pathway, slowly getting away from the Drowzee that was trailing behind me. I looked ahead and saw the city. It seemed so desolate. There was no one is the streets, which made it seem more empty. It appeared to be one of the cities that would be more of a central urban area, less than the other town I had previously occupied, but still urban nonetheless. I continued to sprint into the cities, allowing my feet to stomp upon the stone. In the town a few hundred meters was what appeared to be some sort of mall. The sound of the city was unsettling. Only the echoes of my feet's reverberation throughout the city. I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes. Hundreds of people surrounded me. There was a mall a few hundred meters of me that was filled with people. I wanted to smile; I felt at home. I loved large cities, and with all the people bustling around me, I felt amazing. For some reason I had this feeling that I was being.... chased? But I put it aside, why would I be chased? I was just enjoying myself in Celadon city after all.

Sir, it's not working. He's switching between the worlds. What do we d-

Allow him out.

Master, this could destroy everything we've done? We can't d-

Do it. Wake him.

I shook my head. "I really shouldn't let my imagination get away like that" I thought my self. Then it happened. The searing pain. My head felt like it was on fire. I grabbed my face with hands and screamed. Slowly my entire body was immersed in pain. I screamed. I screamed. I screamed. I closed my eyes; I wanted to shut myself away from this pain, I just wanted it to stop!

You are awaken
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:00:42 pm by Paradox »

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: The Walking Man
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:46:47 am »
Cool story!
Looking forward for chapter 2 :)

CKDavid

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:17:36 pm »
And then he died. The End. Jk haha. Evil cliffhangers like two paragraphs into the story? I like it.

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »
Cool story bro
[url

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:03:42 pm »
Section 2 is made. Tell me what you guys think so far. I may make the third part tonight, and if I feel eager, the fourth.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »
I guess no section three?
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:15 am »
Yeah, I never got around to it. I'll do it tionight. The next section will be graphic so those who are essily scared and don't like gore shoulnt read.

CKDavid

• Like a boss
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:23 pm »
WOO! GORE...uh, I mean, oh no, gore.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:04 pm »
Section three is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

CKDavid

• Like a boss
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »
And everything gets deeper as the random philosopher walks on...
Nice new part ;D

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot :)

Chapter 2 up! May write the next section tonight. Also, you need to read all of Chapter 2, section 1. Don't skip over the last paragraphs, trust me.

CKDavid

• Like a boss
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 10:30:28 pm »
What is this madness? Our friend either got mind-raped, or there's an alternate dimension, or there's time travel, or he's just loopy, or something else. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I like this story :)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »
What is this madness? Our friend either got mind-raped, or there's an alternate dimension, or there's time travel, or he's just loopy, or something else. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I like this story :)

No worries bro, there's a reason for the madness. Besides the fact that I like to vent my random philosophical ideas. :P I'll write one within the half hour. I'm just wondering when I reveal some secrets... :P

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »
Section 2 is up and running. I know it's starting to make less and less sense, but i'll reveal it all soon enough. No worries.

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 04:36:09 am »
moar