Poll

Do you think I could be a good moderator?

1) You would be an amazing moderator.
2) You would be pretty good for a moderator.
3) There are some things you need to learn before that. (Please list in comments)

Author Topic: tymac's Moderator Application  (Read 20667 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: tymac's Moderator Application
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »
Today was a pretty interesting update. I learned more about the infamous plugin; ChestShop. I learned a lot more about the plugin that I will try to use in the future. I learned that if you substitute "AdminShop" with the player's name, you will end up with a store with infinitely amount of objects.
Also, If you substitute "Free" where the price of the object is, you will sell and buy things for free.
Lastly, I learned if you use /region flag (Region) chestshop allow makes it so you can only set a chestshop in certain regions.

If anyone has any ideas on plugins I should learn that is essential to the server I have not learned yet, please put them in the comments! I also added some minor details I updated under what I plan to do as mod. This is something I heard from an admin meeting. I believe either oddy, Para, or 1ce mentioned it, but they said "a mod's job is to help people first, then have fun." If I get mod, I will most certainly remember this. When I am talking in the chat on the server, if someone every needs help, I always direct them into what they need help with. Whether it be Welcoming them to the server, to helping people get the pixelmon mod, I help people on the server that need help. I am open to learning and I enjoy it as well.

Thank you all again! All of you have been very supportive with my travels to become mod! :grouphug:
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »
Ah the Admin Shop, sweet memories. Anyways, I wish you good luck.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 11:21:11 pm »
This update was finishing off the rest of Essentials. I decided that tomorrow I will update things that a mod will NEED to be a mod. I am talking about temp-banning, giving people houses, ect.
I feel that update will show what I know to be a moderator, and if there are still stuff I don't know and people tell me, I will learn the command and write down the command.

Thank you all for the support!  :awe:

I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 04:08:01 pm »
I did as I promised and made a list of commands that moderators would use a lot. I defiantly don't know all commands moderators would use, but will do another update similar to this one every couple weeks, where I show all of the commands necessary for moderators. I talked about how to give houses, how to check for X-Rayers with /vanish and tp capabilities.

Thank you all for the support!   :afro:

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »
Todays update was World Borders! Not the most interesting plugin to learn, but still necessary to our server. I seriously plan on learning moddamage. Seems like a lot of work, but it seems the fruits are plentiful if you actually learn the plugin. So that is going to be one of the top things to learn.

Thanks all!  :yay:

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 07:14:17 pm »
Today I updated with Log Block. This plugin is used to rollback blocks placed by players. As well as liquid flowing ect.

Thank you all!  :yay:

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »
Log block stopped updating...

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »
Log block stopped updating...
It is still a good plugin. Even if it isn't updated anymore, do we use something else as a substitute?
If we do, what is it called?

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »
We don't, if something was greifed, we would never know who did it unless they confessed.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »
We need a confession box in the cathedral.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:52 pm »
We don't, if something was greifed, we would never know who did it unless they confessed.
Well this update was a bit of a waste. No worries! I still have plenty more to learn.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »
Today's update was ForcedGrammar which is an amazing asset to any server.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:37 pm »
Today's update was AutoMessage, a plugin that we use on the server. This plugin announces messages set by admins to every player. I found out that admin can set messages to only be broadcasted to certain people that belong in a group (CoolTrainer) (GameFreak) (Trainer)
This update was pretty interesting learning about how we broadcast certain things on the server. This is amazing to let players remember things that are a great reminder!
Moddamage is coming.  After I think I complete learning it, I will update everything I learnt in one big update.

This wasn't that big of a deal, but my application was a bit longer than my tastes, so I decided to use spoilers to make my application a bit shorter.

Thank you all for the support for coming a moderator!  :D

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 03:32:45 am »
Today's update was AutoMessage, a plugin that we use on the server. This plugin announces messages set by admins to every player. I found out that admin can set messages to only be broadcasted to certain people that belong in a group (CoolTrainer) (GameFreak) (Trainer)
This update was pretty interesting learning about how we broadcast certain things on the server. This is amazing to let players remember things that are a great reminder!
Moddamage is coming.  After I think I complete learning it, I will update everything I learnt in one big update.

This wasn't that big of a deal, but my application was a bit longer than my tastes, so I decided to use spoilers to make my application a bit shorter.

Thank you all for the support for coming a moderator!  :D

I've been using that plugin since it just had an automessage.properties file generated... No folder or anything.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »
I've been using that plugin since it just had an automessage.properties file generated... No folder or anything.
That must have been a huge pain. But now we have commands to make it easy :)

Update will be coming soon. Dont know what, but something that is helpful.