Poll

Should Pythonhier become a Moderator?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Pythonhier's Moderator Application 17/05/2013  (Read 3352 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Pythonhier's Moderator Application 17/05/2013
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:17 am »
Time available: Any time other then 6-11 Mon, Tues, Wednesday, and no Sunday's.  Unless I don't work, then all the time.
How long have you been on the pokemonserver: My stats go all the way back to September of 2012.
What is your mcmmo Powerlevel? 1795, /mcstats
How many/which Badges do you have? 1/8 Kanto Badges, 0/8 Johto Badges, Rainbow Badge.
Why would you be a good mod: I regularly tell new members to read the signs in Pallet Town.  I do my best to enforce the rules.  I already have a wide understanding on the rules.  I'm a fun person, I like to think.  People like me on the server.  I also have an in depth understanding to baiting out rule breakers, can collect proof, and make well versed posts on the Forums.  I also have experience as an admin on other servers.
What do you plan to DO as Mod? I will regularly enforce the rules as listed (/rules, and Forum rule list specifically), weed out players utilizing illegal, mods, clients, texture packs.
What plugins/commands are you familiar with? /fly, /vanish, /seen, /where, //wand, WorldGuard.
Can you moderate the server, and demonstrate your ability by moderating your own application thread? I have been a mod, or admin for more Forums then I have been for Server's.  Actually if I could even only become a Forum Mod, then I would be pleased enough.  Clean the place up a little.
Do you have teamspeak? Would you be willing to get on it? My Mum took a heart attack! And it's all your fault! OMG. Derp.
Nah just kidding, I already was on Teamspeak with 1ce and Mio.

Modifies:
24/05/2013 =  I went out of my way to learn all I can about WorldGuard including commands, and coding.  Comparable links;
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard
xhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BaA6ma8L-E  (Remove first "x")
xhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=episodic&v=jicc46zj0s4&NR=1 (Remove first "x")
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:29:05 am by Pythonhier »

Ad...

teenozoom77

• PokeManiac
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -24
Re: Pythonhier's Moderator Application 17/05/2013
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »
I think you'd make a great moderator  on the pokemon server but theres so many people apply so the chance for everyone who applied is like .5555555555%
This is what i got when i tried it again

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:38:43 am »
Gl Pythonhier
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 03:20:53 pm »
Thanks guys, Teeno you peaked my curiosity. I'm going to go an discover the exact percentile of the chance to become a mod currently facing other applicants.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »
Your birthday is soon :O

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:39:24 pm »
Your birthday is soon :O
Lol yes, it would seem so.  Please don't let that cloud your judgement lol.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 03:24:02 am »
Lol yes, it would seem so.  Please don't let that cloud your judgement lol.

Getting mod would hardly be a birthday present :P

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 06:57:08 am »
Good luck. You do seem like a good applicant for moderator so I wish you the best.

-Ali_Abdi

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:24 am »
Good luck Python :)

You'd make a good mod.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:30:51 am »
Thanks for all the positive feedback.  Though I wish someone would tell me some negative feedback to explain the down votes.  Then again people have a right to silent voting.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 01:21:49 am »
Thanks for all the positive feedback.  Though I wish someone would tell me some negative feedback to explain the down votes.  Then again people have a right to silent voting.
negatives i have : You dont have understanding of World Guard which is the number 1 plug in a Mod needs on the server, you havent been on the server very long and i feel you dont understand the rules completly, ill expand upon my second part by saying, if something isnt specifically written out you wouldnt know what judgement call to make and as im sure you have been made aware from our previous encounters on the forums not everything is specifically written out
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 06:13:33 am »
negatives i have : You dont have understanding of World Guard which is the number 1 plug in a Mod needs on the server, you havent been on the server very long and i feel you dont understand the rules completly, ill expand upon my second part by saying, if something isnt specifically written out you wouldnt know what judgement call to make and as im sure you have been made aware from our previous encounters on the forums not everything is specifically written out
World Guard is just a plug in to protect blocks, and stop fire from spreading right?  I'm going to look it up now.
The issue with the rules isn't valid?  I know the rules extremely well, the ones that are written publicly, that everyone should know and follow.  Having rules hidden from the naked eye makes a professional server look like a child's made up game where they switch up the rules every so often when they don't get what they want.  If I was to become a mod over the forums at least or admin.  From my distinct ability to over watch the ban/punishment/ban appeal threads, I will be able to quickly pick up on this "hidden rulings" and add them to the actual server rule list.  Which is one of the things I wanted to do, I think I forgot to add up top.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps :D.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 06:54:51 am »
Most things that mods/admins say aren't hidden rules. They're either common sense or written somewhere on the forum.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:08:26 am »
Most things that mods/admins say aren't hidden rules. They're either common sense or written somewhere on the forum.
Somewhere, but not on the actual rule list.  Making it harder for people to find unless they go through every topic made before their time, which is actually a total waste of time.  If I got in trouble for doing something that wasn't included in the rule list, that someone else was punished for before without my knowledge, I would feel that's unfair.  A lot of people would.  I bet the person who originally got punished for a rule that wasn't listed felt it the most unfair...

However common sense can be passed with a minor punishment, cause it's common sense.  Like "Derp was using xray to collect billions of gold!".  Derp:  "I didn't know x-ray was not allowed cause it wasn't listed in da rules, I really love budders!".  Person deserves a punishment, not a severe one cause it's not his fault an admin/mod didn't add the rule to the list.

It's not the players fault for not understanding a rule that mods/admins was relunctant to add to their rule listings.  If the rule isn't even important enough to be added to the list for everyone to see then it's not important enough to be followed.

That's just my opinion, and seeing how negligence is a common escapee to breaking rules, I can safely assume I'm not the only one with that kind of opinion.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:36:07 am by Pythonhier »

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 08:32:25 am »
Wow WorldGuard has a lot more to it then just protecting blocks.  It has so much I wonder why servers bother using other plugins for chest protection, or simple commands like /heal, or killing (/slay).  I wonder if this plugin can be coded so that if a player falls from a high height and dies in a rather quickly fashion (like 3 times within the last 1-2 mins) it can make an announcement "It is a direct violation to the rules to suicide train mcmmo skills, you have been warned!".  Good idea?