Poll

Do you think I could be a good moderator?

1) You would be an amazing moderator.
2) You would be pretty good for a moderator.
3) There are some things you need to learn before that. (Please list in comments)

Author Topic: tymac's Moderator Application  (Read 20736 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
tymac's Moderator Application
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:19:58 pm »

tymac222's MODERATOR APPLICATION  Last update August 4th, 2017=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Times available:
I am available most weekdays 5:00-11:00PM and on Saturdays 10:00AM-1:00PM (EST)

How long have you been on the pokemonserver? I have been playing on the Pokémon Server since September 2012. I have always enjoyed playing Pokemon, so when i was younger and first bought Minecraft, I immediately searched for a Pokemon server in Minecraft. This server was the first I found.

What is your mcmmo Powerlevel? My power level is not the highest at 2569, but continues to grow and will be updated as it grows.

How many/which Badges do you have?

I have the following badges:

Kanto: (I have eight Kanto badges)
Boulder Badge
Cascade Badge
Thunder Badge
Rainbow Badge
Soul Badge
Marsh Badge
Volcano Badge
Earth Badge

Johto: (I have three Johto badges)

Storm Badge
Mineral Badge
Glacier Badge

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Why would you be a good moderator?
     No matter what the situation is, whether in real life or in while online, I always try to help another person with whatever help they may need. I always welcome a new player to the server, and recommend, even when they are disappointed that there are no Pokemon available on the PVP server, to stay for a while and try to enjoy the fun. Naturally, I am a friendly person, willing to go out of my way to help another. I have passion in what I do, and am willing to help another in time of need.
     I do not have experience being a moderator on any other server. However, I am a leader, and a moderator must be a leader to succeed. Outside of the server in school, I lead many clubs as president and vice-president and am able to micromanage the work that must be done to perform well in those clubs on state levels and national levels; I also lead in other organizations outside of school. I know how to deal with a situation to achieve success.
     I believe I have an open mind willing to listen to any side of a story. Whether it's drama on the server, or a friendly political debate between friends, I am able to calmly listen. The key to being a leader - and a moderator - is to listen, a skill which has been lost over the past years. To be a moderator, you must be moderate in your thinking and handling of a situation. You must never lean towards one group of people over the other, and keep an open mind. I know how to handle a situation correctly and execute plans for an end result.
     A few years ago, I will admit: I was not the best choice for moderator. I still had a lot more to learn and had to mature more. Today, I honestly believe I could moderate this server and be the mature person needed for the position. I've grown from the person in my past. I know my mistakes in my past, and will accept them and will continue to grow for the future.

What do you plan to do as moderator?
As a moderator, I plan to do the following:
  • Moderate the server by having an open mind and listening - As I have previously stated, a leader, hence, a moderator, must be able to have an open, moderate mind and be able to listen. I will have an open mind and will listen as moderator, but will stay firm with the rules laid out by the admins.
  • Lead by example - New members of any group (whether a server, club, organization, etc.) look up to the highest members of that group and aspire to be like them. Admins and moderators cannot act childish and immature around the players, and if they do, players will act childish and immature. I will ensure to lead by example when moderator.
  • Help out new players and welcome them onto the server - Without new players, our server would not be able to sustain itself. New players are necessary for the PVP server to be successful. New players should have help available to them and should be welcomed at all times. Even when they find out the PVP server does not have physical Pokemon, they should be encouraged to stay and enjoy the fun that many before them enjoyed.
  • Help all players by hosting elite four fights, answering questions as needed, etc. - Besides the moderating the chat, a moderator must also help players by assisting them, including hosting elite four fights, answering questions, etc. I plan to commit to these responsibilities and more.
  • Be active - What is the point of being a moderator if you are not active? Being a moderator includes many responsibilities that cannot be carried out if you are not active. This is why I will be active when moderator.
  • Give suggestions to admins - I have given suggestions to admins plenty times in the past, and plan on continuing to do so. Many of these suggestions have been implemented into the PVP server/build server or will be implemented in the future. I have a creative mind, and will use that mind to the benefit of the server.
  • Learn from the admins to refine my skills I do not already have and grow upon the ones I currently have - I will be the first to admit that I do not know everything. But there's nothing stopping me from trying to learn everything I can, learning new skills and refining old ones. I have learned plugins and commands from admins in the past and will continue to do so as moderator.
  • Help admins with whatever they need done - Admins are busy people and have lives outside the server. They need help from time to time, and I would be willing to help out with whatever they need to be done.
  • Keep order in the chat, muting, kicking, and banning people if necessary
  • Settle disputes, conflicts, and arguments between players and put an end to them
  • Etc.
What plugins/commands are you familiar with?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
February, 4, 2014 (World Edit Update)
February 5, 2014 (MCMMO Update)
February 6, 2014 (Essentials Update)

February 12, 2014 (WorldGuard Update)
February 16, 2014 (More World Guard Update)
February 17, 2014 (Elite Fights Update)
February 20, 2014 (Primary Region Update)
February 21, 2014 (PEX Update)

February 22, 2014 (More World Edit Update)
February 23, 2014 (SpamGuard Update)
February 24, 2014 (ChestShop Update)
February 25, 2014 (Rest of Essentials Update)
March 3, 2014 (AutoMessage Update)
March 7, 2014 (NCP Update)

July 23, 2014
(AWE Update)
[/spoiler]
Do you have teamspeak? Would you be willing to get on it? I own Team Speak, Skype, and Discord and will be willing to use any combination of the three (or any other way to communicate between moderators/admins).

Can you moderate the server, and demonstrate your ability by moderating your own application thread? Yes, I can moderate the server, and I will moderate this thread. While there have been arguments on my application thread debating whether or not if I am fit to moderate a server, I have been able to create some sort of resolution that is in the best interest for the majority of people.

Thank You Section!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:22:17 pm by tymac »
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
Re: tymac's Moderator Application
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:22 pm »
Hey! Good Luck
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
Good luck, have fun in the proving grounds.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:59:23 pm »
Good luck!
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:27:56 pm »

I have updated my application with some World Edit commands, and will be know as the "World Edit Update."
I will be adding more World Edit commands I have learned successfully and hopefully will start to learn other plugins as the future rolls on.

Thank you for all of the support with my hopes to become a moderator! :)

I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!

ryan22424

• Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -6
  • Wat
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »
Good luck Mac, hope you get the position, and I'll see you on the server soon I hope. :D
Read my stories!

]

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 12:18:00 pm »
This is the Mcmmo update. I added some commands for /party and some admin commands. Even though I might not use the admin commands, I will still learn them for the heck of it. Tomorrow I will attempt to learn moddamage. If that fails, I will update with Berries or will learn more World Edit.

Thank you all!  :D

StopDropandTroll

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Hello Darkness My Old Friend
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:48 pm »
Good Application! Good Luck :D
I hate 11-12 year old me q.q

Top 5 Favorite Anime: 1. Angel Beats, 2. HunterxHunter, 3. Mekaku City Actors, 4. Bakemonogatari, 5. Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
This update was the "Essentials Update." This is a work in progress, and I will be adding more commands later. If it comes to a point where there are too many commands, I will start to use spoilers. I will continue to learn Moddamage, and once I feel like I know it well, I will put that down.

Thanks! :cool:

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »
Today I decided to learn some WorldGuard commands. I will tomorrow I will try to update more World Edit commands. If my application gets flooded with commands, I will start to use spoilers. After I do some WE stuff, I will try to learn more /region commands.

Thanks!  :D

Jimmyziga

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • hi
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:00 pm »
Good Luck! tymac!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:10:34 pm »
I have learned more World Guard today. I learned mostly how to publish a certain region, how to check out the name a certain region, and learned how to create specific additions to an area (No mobs, Greetings, Farewells, Fire-spread off ect.)

I will continue to learn more in hopes of becoming a moderator!  :D

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:44 pm »
Wow, this application looks great, well organized and you know your stuff. That section for worldedit comands, wow  :eek:

raymondt99

• Dragon Tamer
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 21
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »
Good luck  :D

Check this link out :) http://akk.li/pics/anne.jpg

Add me on league of legends:Golem101
I  Main Fiora ,thresh, And Hecarim <3

SnowBreak

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -18
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 02:42:27 pm »
Gl  :D
Kanto Champion.
Cerulean Leader.
Builder of all regions. Hoenn HB.
Pewter Shop Owner.
Please check out my Moderator Application if you have the chance, feedback is appreciated.