Author Topic: just a thought  (Read 4594 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
just a thought
« on: December 29, 2012, 02:41:58 pm »
so, now that im actually playing on the server, i feel as tho all the "lack of world pvp" complaints may be viable... everyone is able to train in safe zones very efficiently, people dont really venture outside of these safe zones, and it makes the risk not really there. granted world pvp has been cause of complaints in the past i also think its what help build the server, a game without risk loses interest and right now theres no real risks people have to take with no "wild trainer battles".

now i know what your thinking "but oddy theres wild 2 battle arena and the route west of viridian city"
2 things. 1. people go there willingly so they are lacking a fore mentioned risk factor, 2, people rarely go there it seems.

now your probably saying "oddy what are we going to do dictate people to go into pvp open areas"
i think not. i have two potential solutions take them or leave them.

Possible solution number 1(easier). eliminate safe routes, make it so any non-city region is pvp. even route 1 as its damn good for training, this however comes with the obvious negative that new players will most likely be camped at spawn, i hope you dont take this route but hey saying it anyway.

Possible solution number 2(more ideal,May require paradox assistance). Configure Mobs in grass plugin to only spawn mobs in areas without the pvp-deny flag.

annnnd thats it theres probably more solutions but im just giving quick thoughts on the subject please leave feedback and let me know how you feel. :2cents: <--- my 2 cents
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: just a thought
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »
Well, could just flag all pvp routes with mob-spawning deny.

Also, Route1 is no-pvp due to spawn campers.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:58:14 pm »
Well, could just flag all pvp routes with mob-spawning deny.

Also, Route1 is no-pvp due to spawn campers.

im aware rt 1 is pvp-deny due to campers i even stated that in my post and said it was the least viable option and flagging pvp routes as mobspawn deny wouldnt help, pvp-deny routes to mobspawning-deny might help thought
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »
OR we could have it so that players cannot hit or be hit by other players until
[Best] A. Until they have reached a ServerSign in Pewter City that gives them PvP permission.
[Meh] B. 24 hours after joining

I like option A, because
- if they can reach Pewter (or maybe put it in cerulean) then they have proved that they can at least survive a shit ton of mobs.
- if they choose to glitch out of the map to get there faster, it's their problem if they are not ready to be attacked by the time they get there.
- It encourages a little bit of exploration.
 :D

(oh and this would be accompanying the fact that ALL areas would be PvP allowed.)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:54:21 pm »
I could make it so that they can't pvp until they kill X number of mobs. So if they start training, they will eventually become vulnerable, and if they just want to tour the map, they're free to do so. But this means pvp maniacs who want to kill and be killed will have to earn their right to do so. Probably better, so they actually have stats when they first fight someone.

MasterAssassin82

• Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 04:57:34 pm »
I could make it so that they can't pvp until they kill X number of mobs. So if they start training, they will eventually become vulnerable, and if they just want to tour the map, they're free to do so. But this means pvp maniacs who want to kill and be killed will have to earn their right to do so. Probably better, so they actually have stats when they first fight someone.
That would be awesome, maybe have the X number of (hostile) mobs be... 50?

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:40 pm »
That would be awesome, maybe have the X number of (hostile) mobs be... 50?

100. that way they have more stats.
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »
The mobs would be the ones you see in /stats

Just be careful, the more you have to kill, the longer new pvp'ers have to wait to challenge gym leaders.

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:16 pm »
The mobs would be the ones you see in /stats

Just be careful, the more you have to kill, the longer new pvp'ers have to wait to challenge gym leaders.
Ok, then: 75. its inbetween my suggestion and MasterAss's

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »
We'll still need to keep pvp disabled in some places, especially houses. Cities should also be spared, as there are no wild trainer battles within cities.

MasterAssassin82

• Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 06:05:49 pm »
We'll still need to keep pvp disabled in some places, especially houses. Cities should also be spared, as there are no wild trainer battles within cities.
I disagree, because of the reasons oddy stated.

Stnglkabee

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -6
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »
Another big problem is when there is pvp only 2-3 people actually bring anything, everybody else just runs in and punches and dies spamming kill feed which gets you in trouble. I would know.

Also prod tried to stop the killing at victory road once with a wall and everybody just endered over. Best moment ever.
Mr. Incredible

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »
Don't remind me >.>
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:21 am »
Another big problem is when there is pvp only 2-3 people actually bring anything, everybody else just runs in and punches and dies spamming kill feed which gets you in trouble. I would know.

Also prod tried to stop the killing at victory road once with a wall and everybody just endered over. Best moment ever.
LOL
I wish I was there to see that xD

Revelant, I support PvP-deny in cities. I also support PvP on all routes. That is, except route1. If we allow PvP on route1, how will Non-Donators be able to reach their Enderchest without being killed on the spot?

This is my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:22:51 am by LilacLily »

gavinnic1

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -33
  • Blast Burn!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 11:48:12 am »
Oh stby you mean the legendary dirt wall?