Poll

What do you think about a minigame located in the Underground?

This is an awesome idea!  Go Flying Turtle!!!
5 (55.6%)
This is a pretty good idea, but needs a bit more work
3 (33.3%)
This isn't such a good idea.
0 (0%)
Wynaut try something better.
0 (0%)
I'm honestly undecided.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Sinnoh Underground - MiniGame Suggestion  (Read 4077 times)

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
    • My Official YouTube Channel
Sinnoh Underground - MiniGame Suggestion
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:10:21 am »
So a little big bird told me that Sinnoh was pretty much done.  With the looming release of new regions comes ideas on how to make the server more populated.  This led to this wonderful idea involving the Underground from Sinnoh, as well as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.  The concept I had in mind was to make an Underground in which players can create bases and collect fossils/ores to earn points.  These points can be redeemed at various locations around the region to buy cool items.

Upon entering the Underground for the first time, a player must choose between 4 colored teams.  The Underground functions as a Capture The Flag minigame with 4 teams.  Your objective is to uncover bases of enemy players, capture their flag, and return it to your team's base.  By doing so, you will be awarded points.  If you are killed in the Underground, you will drop any flag you may have, as well as ores and fossils you may have.  However, items outside of the underground will be safe.

Another way of obtaining points is by collecting fossils and ores from randomly spawned locations.  These ores and fossils will be traded in upon leaving the Underground and you will be awarded points depending on what you collected.

This is just a simple concept for an ongoing minigame to encourage players to stick around and spend more time on the server.  I am open to suggestions on how to improve this idea or make it better.  If you have any ideas, please feel free to post them below or PM me if you do not wish to publicly list them.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Sinnoh Underground - MiniGame Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 04:36:17 am »
I think prod told me of this earlier too, and I liked it. Just one question, should it be implemented, how would it be implemented.

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:28:10 am »
I think prod told me of this earlier too, and I liked it. Just one question, should it be implemented, how would it be implemented.

My idea was with the release of Sinnoh, we could add a pothole of some sort that teleports players to the underground or perhaps use a command or warp on the vents.  I'm still not sure where we can put the Underground design since it could easily overlap the interiors, but perhaps put it way off to the side of the map, regioned off.  Perhaps disable access to /ec and other storage commands to prevent players from taking fossils outside of the Underground.

I was thinking of placing the entrance to the underground near the mines in Oreburgh City and perhaps having the shop in the mining complex.

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 03:04:22 pm »
I already have a capture the flag mini-game created on my test server, you could scrap some of the code from the mini-game and use it for this, if you would like.
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »
My idea was with the release of Sinnoh, we could add a pothole of some sort that teleports players to the underground or perhaps use a command or warp on the vents.  I'm still not sure where we can put the Underground design since it could easily overlap the interiors, but perhaps put it way off to the side of the map, regioned off.  Perhaps disable access to /ec and other storage commands to prevent players from taking fossils outside of the Underground.

I was thinking of placing the entrance to the underground near the mines in Oreburgh City and perhaps having the shop in the mining complex.

I was planning on building the Underground post release, along with Distortion World and Turnback Cave, and it was obviously going off to the side somewhere. An idea is players require the "Explorer Kit", and use that to teleport to the Underground, at coords relative to their current location, similar to the games.

Theres many different ideas, main thing being, would this require new plugins, custom plugins, or already existing ones, and how. I could probably pull off something, but that'd be later on. Fortunately I'm well acquainted with the scoreboard system now.

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »
I was planning on building the Underground post release, along with Distortion World and Turnback Cave, and it was obviously going off to the side somewhere. An idea is players require the "Explorer Kit", and use that to teleport to the Underground, at coords relative to their current location, similar to the games.

Theres many different ideas, main thing being, would this require new plugins, custom plugins, or already existing ones, and how. I could probably pull off something, but that'd be later on. Fortunately I'm well acquainted with the scoreboard system now.

Well the thing I found with the Underground is that it isn't exactly shaped the same as the region and is in more of a grid formation.  Anyway, maybe we can use the scoreboard to track the player's Team Score, Points, and the Status of their base (if their flag is at home or away).  I do like the idea of using the Explorer Kit as the warp to the mini game.  I'm sure some of it could actually be programmed in MD, using a tag to track points and group management for teams.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »
Well the thing I found with the Underground is that it isn't exactly shaped the same as the region and is in more of a grid formation.  Anyway, maybe we can use the scoreboard to track the player's Team Score, Points, and the Status of their base (if their flag is at home or away).  I do like the idea of using the Explorer Kit as the warp to the mini game.  I'm sure some of it could actually be programmed in MD, using a tag to track points and group management for teams.

You'd have to go over the full details of how it'd work before anything can even be started.