Author Topic: Book Club!  (Read 13498 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Book Club!
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »
Can you guys help me? For the school I am going to in September, I need to read for Summer Reading. They want us to take notes over the summer while reading these books. I will get extra-credit and be able to use these notes for the test and the essay we will need to write. How can I take good notes while reading a novel?
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:59 pm »
You came to the right place! Try looking out for something beyond the story. Like what is the meaning of the text. Look for symbolism and stuff. In high school, they don't want you to read stories, they want you to analyze a text and search for a deeper meaning. Or for some good notes talk about a subject from the book (ex. Character development, author's writing style, etc.). Or just read the book, then choose a topic or the main idea of the book. With this, you can give examples of how something changes or how one thing leads to another. Anyway just throwing it out there, it's really responsible of you to get started right away, I wish you the best of luck!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »
You came to the right place! Try looking out for something beyond the story. Like what is the meaning of the text. Look for symbolism and stuff. In high school, they don't want you to read stories, they want you to analyze a text and search for a deeper meaning. Or for some good notes talk about a subject from the book (ex. Character development, author's writing style, etc.). Or just read the book, then choose a topic or the main idea of the book. With this, you can give examples of how something changes or how one thing leads to another. Anyway just throwing it out there, it's really responsible of you to get started right away, I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! Ill definatly add writing style, character development, and a deeper meaning to my notes now. Thank you again!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2014, 11:09:31 pm »
Glad to help :J

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:45 am »
Ive read and taken 1 1/2 of my books and notes. Those tips really helped. Thanks!

Also a great book I had to read was Feed by MT Anderson. I believe Anon said he had to read it. But it is a pretty decent book.

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2014, 02:53:41 am »
Have any of u read the heroes of Olympus books? They are really good. Filled with action and humour

MYMOM105

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Gym Leader
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 08:57:11 am »
I don't know how to read but you can add me please
6 Kanto badges
5 Johto badges
Former Cinnabar Leader 47 Wins 9 Losses
Former Member of The Elite 4
Former Co Leader of Pewter Gym
Current Fuchsia Leader

ProfessorEevee

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Dealing sick stylish combos
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 08:59:46 am »
I rather like to read the 39 clues books.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »
Ive read and taken 1 1/2 of my books and notes. Those tips really helped. Thanks!

Also a great book I had to read was Feed by MT Anderson. I believe Anon said he had to read it. But it is a pretty decent book.
Glad to know my advice was useful :'J. And I've heard of that book. I think it's si-fi or something.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 08:08:04 pm »
Glad to know my advice was useful :'J. And I've heard of that book. I think it's si-fi or something.
Yeah unit