Author Topic: Server Issues  (Read 8965 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Server Issues
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 02:56:07 pm »

You're so close minded it's unbelievable. It's like you're not even listening to me. You're right, that way of holding events is messed up. That's why it needs to be revamped. Like I said, it's the GAMEPLAY that's fucked up. Economy is part of gameplay, not map. Literally every issue you're saying is a problem with your gameplay. The map is just a visual. Yeah, there are parts where the map and gameplay are connected, but those are the issues that need to be resolved, not things that look pretty. For example, fixing the issue with the wild and raiders IS a gameplay AND map issue. Making cerulean look really nice solves nothing in the long run. Lots of these issues cross over, but all I see you trying to do is shoehorn the map issue as the answer. Tell me this: Do you honestly expect a new map to magically solve all these issues? Why not make the map improving a side project like it use to be? At this point, it seems to be the main thing from the way you and other admins are talking.

I'll say it one more time: anywhere there is an issue with the map that crosses with gameplay: Fix that now. Then fix gameplay. Then fix map.

Can't the admins very easily create some new wilds, and possibly replace the older ones with newer ones? Tell people in advance that blah blah wild will be scrapped, so get your stuff. Seems pretty easy. I feel we could do that in an easy amount of time.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:53 pm »
A few people and I have been brainstorming a variety of answers to a lot of the gameplay problems. Here's the problem from what I can tell. We have kanto done, johto almost done (trees), hoenn is similar to johto, sinnoh is done, and unova still has a good amount left that needs to be done. I think a proper solution would be to dedicate all time to finishing johto/hoenn (From what I'm told, it would take around 2 weeks or so if we all dedicate to it) and in the meantime, get together in some sort of meeting and discuss major gameplay issues. Once the gameplay issues are resolved and we have finished the few things in those two regions, we release all 4 without Unova, advertise the hell out of those regions with the idea that Unova is coming soon, and let tene finish it whenever she wants. We won't be able to fill the four regions anyways before Unova is finished.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »
How are you planning to release the first 4 without Unova? Schetmatics would produce what tene calls "the lines".
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »
What are these lines? Would it be possible to just add Unova in with them and restrict access to it?

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 05:15:23 pm »
whatever "the lines" are releasing the other regions by the time 1.8 rolls around is a must with or without unova
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 06:42:11 pm »
How are you planning to release the first 4 without Unova? Schetmatics would produce what tene calls "the lines".

That can just be built on the server.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »
Let's make a list of gameplay for a reference.
Pvp
  • Gyms, Elite, Champion
  • Pvp area
  • Certain Events
I think a player would be more enticed to stay on the server if they had a gym. We should think of something to make newer players a bigger part of the community. For example someone can own a gym for a month each or something.

Economy
  • Shops
  • housing
Having discounts on certain items once or twice a month wouldn't hurt

I'm sure they're more, but these are the major ones. Please add if you have anymore.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
Let's make a list of gameplay for a reference.
Pvp
  • Gyms, Elite, Champion
  • Pvp area
  • Certain Events
I think a player would be more enticed to stay on the server if they had a gym. We should think of something to make newer players a bigger part of the community. For example someone can own a gym for a month each or something.

Economy
  • Shops
  • housing
Having discounts on certain items once or twice a month wouldn't hurt

I'm sure they're more, but these are the major ones. Please add if you have anymore.

There are a lot. I think the most efficient way to do this would be in some sort of meeting.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 09:26:29 pm »

There are a lot. I think the most efficient way to do this would be in some sort of meeting.
Admin meeting on ts? :D

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
Admin meeting on ts? :D

Last meeting we all tried to have as a community ended up with Rewas talking for 3hours+

No one even logged into IRC. Donut was organising another meeting, but he seems to have forgotten.

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 08:04:10 am »
Last meeting we all tried to have as a community ended up with Rewas talking for 3hours+

No one even logged into IRC. Donut was organising another meeting, but he seems to have forgotten.

I haven't forgotten, but Prod was away when I was trying to schedule it. But, from your schedule the only time we'dbe able to get a meeting would be your Thursday around 10 a.m. Which for Americans is Wednesday. I'll be happy to help schedule a meeting for one of those Wednesdays, but I think it'd be good if we had 1ce and Tene, Tene and Prod, or even all three.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 11:33:26 am »

When I was an admin, we only gave talking powers to the admins and then distributed it properly when others had thoughts. What happened to that? Why would you let someone derail an important meeting for so long?

My schedule is generally pretty flexible.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:49 am »
distributed it properly when others had thoughts

He had 3 hours of thoughts.

GeoWhiz

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Unknown command. Press "1" for more options.
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 12:08:09 pm »
We need to make the server more focused on the players. If the server is focused on what the staff wants to do, the players will slowly leave, and the server will fall deeper into the pit.

I personally think more people would come and stay on the server if the gameplay was more interactive and fun for the players, like Paradox said. One way to accommodate that is through events, like some people said.

Here's what I feel like most new players do. They join the server, and most like Pokemon, so they want to try the server out. They look around, and find out the rules. Then, they decide to adventure out and get a gym badge. They go up a McMMO level, and look at the mctop. They are shocked, and they immediately don't think it's possible to ever be as good as them. Some players might leave at this stage, but others may continue. So, let's say a few days pass and they finally find the Pewter leader. They fight, and lose horribly. Once again, some might leave the server, and some might stay. At that point we're just hoping that there's a few people that stick with the server so we can sustain a community.

tl;dr? We need a better focus on gameplay.
Current Gym Badges: Soul Badge, Earth Badge, Marsh Badge, & Thunder Badge
Current Power Level: 2682
Current Power Level Rank: 116
Current Gym Leader of Cinnabar

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 01:59:12 pm »
@1ce: Notice the properly. You should give others the chance to talk or else you get nothing done in meetings (Which is appears is what happened). As admins, you need to take control of the situation when it seems like the discussion is going nowhere.

@Edn3, thank you for the support. This is the exact kind of thing the admins should be looking at. We can't sustain a strong community with the current model. My worry is that we'll finish these amazing maps and then not have a solution to a lot of these gameplay issues, thus making the maps useless.