Author Topic: So What Now?  (Read 5608 times)

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
So What Now?
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:46:45 am »
Well most of the admins are inactive. I'm just wondering what's next for the server and it's building projects :[

Ad...

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
Re: So What Now?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:22 am »
I know I'm not an admin, but i've been trying to make it on the server as much as I can so that I can help everyone. Hopefully we can get more people to work on the new maps and get the completed so that we can advertise again.

#swag

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 03:05:39 am »
#MakeWafflesAdmin

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:02:43 am »
To be honest, I know I'll be a hypocrite for saying this: But we need to start getting off our butts, and start building. I know I haven't been building in a while, but we need motivation. A way to get people motivated can be a fun project. Possibly an easter egg arena, possibly the spawn, maybe even a parkour course. If we do something fun to build, we will have more people come online, and want to build. After that, we will have people coming on daily wanting to build something. Here's a simplified list for Johto to do:

Johto:
Finish Ruins of Alph
B1 of Goldenrod Dept Store
Fix rocks, trees, and terrain
Then after last step done, make the magnet train

So if I had power, I would let people start building the spawn area (fun project), then after that is complete, start something else that is time-consuming but is you can easily talk to others (Rocks, trees, even terrain), then start assigning people to finish our last cave, and floor. The reason why the cave, and the B1 have not been completed yet, is because they both include redstone that not many people on our server know how to do well. That's why we need someone of authority to give someone that is good with redstone, and can build fast the jobs of finishing the B1 and Ruins of Alph.

And Unova is a different story all together :/
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:23 am »
I know stuffjunk is good with redstone. But he needs to come on more :/

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:49:02 pm »
If you want, I'd be happy to help build when I can, but I can't hop on the server much currently.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »
I'm still here

kind of
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »
I realise that we want to hold off until the new map to start putting money into advertising and making a heap of changes to the server but I think it might be worth submitting a small amount to advertising just this month and the next. Hopefully then we'll have people more active because others are on, potentially have new builders and maybe we can actually have enough players to fill all the gyms and e4 in at least one region when the new map comes out. Then we can do all the big stuff.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

SnowBreak

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 04:29:03 pm »
Honestly, right now I'm just being lazy and not building. Now I shall set a goal for myself to make myself build: I will finish the Unova elite by Thanksgiving, hopefully before.

As for the PvP Server, someone please challenge the elite four, champion is boring atm :/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:32:13 pm by CammanduhCool »
Kanto Champion.
Cerulean Leader.
Builder of all regions. Hoenn HB.
Pewter Shop Owner.
Please check out my Moderator Application if you have the chance, feedback is appreciated.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 08:43:02 pm »
I realise that we want to hold off until the new map to start putting money into advertising and making a heap of changes to the server but I think it might be worth submitting a small amount to advertising just this month and the next. Hopefully then we'll have people more active because others are on, potentially have new builders and maybe we can actually have enough players to fill all the gyms and e4 in at least one region when the new map comes out. Then we can do all the big stuff.
I like the idea but I doubt it would happen :T

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
I know stuffjunk is good with redstone. But he needs to come on more :/

sir, i am on at least for a while everyday :P
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 02:41:54 am »
sir, i am on at least for a while everyday :P
Then sir, GET THE FUCK TO WORK! lol jks.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 08:35:35 am »
It would take forever in order to get one decent builder. We would just be putting money into the old map, which in my opinion, if we put money towards the new map, more people would stay. I still say we need an admin/Head Builder/ to give us some direction. Possibly to assign what we should be doing. Not many people at the moment know what they need to do. If more people know what they need to do, the people (like me) who know what to do but are a little lazy, will start coming online more and build when the other builders are online.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »
It would take forever in order to get one decent builder. We would just be putting money into the old map, which in my opinion, if we put money towards the new map, more people would stay. I still say we need an admin/Head Builder/ to give us some direction. Possibly to assign what we should be doing. Not many people at the moment know what they need to do. If more people know what they need to do, the people (like me) who know what to do but are a little lazy, will start coming online more and build when the other builders are online.
Yeah, I definitely think the key to the server's survival is finishing the new map. The only problem is, getting that done before everyone just wonders off.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 11:31:04 pm »
The key to the server survival is a 1.8 server that supports plugins. We're stuck in 1.7 until that happens.

For context: https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/status-update-halloween-edition-apparently/4163
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:45:19 pm by 1cec0ld »