Poll

Do you think I could be a good moderator?

1) You would be an amazing moderator.
2) You would be pretty good for a moderator.
3) There are some things you need to learn before that. (Please list in comments)

Author Topic: tymac's Moderator Application  (Read 20666 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: tymac's Moderator Application
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »
Edit: Got an exact number of posts, 41/74 posts made on this topic are by you...

You should check over lil's, or even mine.

Ad...

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »
To be honest, because I'm sure you want to know, I am the one who voted no on the poll.

Now, let me elaborate on why I say no.

Firstly, almost all posts that have been made on this topic is just you with an update message, bumping the thread constantly. This could easily be added to the topic's name. This is why the topic is 5 pages long. Sorry to be so blunt, but I feel bumping your thread to state you have updated the application looks bad, knowing you are doing it or not. Of course this is not my only reason, I just do not feel like listing them all.

Edit: Got an exact number of posts, 41/74 posts made on this topic are by you...

I don't bump just by saying, "bump." I try to put some reasoning behind every update or something I may do. Yes I do bump, but that doesn't exclude other people's applications, including waffles and Tene. I believe waffles even has 8 pages extracted by oddy of all the "updates." I don't blame him for that. I think if you try to bump your post (like previous and current moderators), it means you are deticated to become a moderator with all the time you think about learning new plugins. Even adding a couple extra sentences to make your reasoning that you are the perfect moderator is okay in my book. I don't get too annoying and I am willing to learn new plugins. And if I will be learning this new plugin, I have no problem updating my application to show I have the knowledge of that plugin.

But thanks ryan for telling me your reasoning. This will drive me to learn even more plugins in the future. So expect an update coming soon from me. Possibly I will learn moddamage, perfect my PEX skills, or even learning a new plugin on the build server. Maybe this won't be considered bumping.

Thanks!
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2014, 08:45:26 pm »
And also ryan, can you tell me the other reasons, so I can perfect my skills? Thanks!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:08 pm »
I decided to go through my commands list and start reminding myself of the commands. It was quite helpful, making me remember many commands I hope to use in the future. If anyone has any ideas for plugins for me to learn, please tell me. Also, if someone would be willing to reteach me voxelsniper at one point, that would be great. I remember the basics, I just want to make sure I really understand it before I put the plugin on my application.

-Thanks All! :D

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »
If anyone has any ideas for plugins for me to learn, please tell me.
ModDamage.
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2014, 09:56:00 pm »
Later I'll see if you can teach me.
Thanks

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »
I have added onto a previous section on certain skills I have learned/refined recently. You will find this new addition where the Lime colour is.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2015, 09:10:06 am »
I had fixed major formatting issues that I noticed on my application. I also added new sections in Teal.

Soon enough I will continue with learning and adding new plugins onto my application. Learning new plugins (even if we do not use them) will continue to enrich my knowledge of remembering commands and refining my memory skills to use them.