Author Topic: Let's Do This! :D  (Read 3912 times)

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Let's Do This! :D
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:48:38 am »
Come on guys let's start building! Who wants to build with me later in the week? Perhaps we can get some regions done!

/end motivation
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Let's Do This! :D
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »
If you build with people, nothing will get done.

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:32:07 pm »
True. If you wait for people to build with you then it will take longer.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:57:02 pm »
Usually, the build server is relatively dead. Getting more people onto the server is a plus.

I think what we need as a server is a person telling us builders what to do. Most of us know what needs to be done, but doesn't attempt to finish any job. I believe we need a person that will assign a job to each person and be online themselves as often as they can. No side projects, nothing unnecessary, just what is needed to finish a region well. It seems there is interest in building Kalos/ORAS between many people. I suggest we have a way for a current builder to become a 6-gen builder by building their region specified by the person in charge and as exceptional as it could be. If then a Head Builder or the "head honcho" likes the work they have completed and assigned to do, they will get a chance/spot to become a 6-gen builder. Also, yes, two regions are complete fully, this doesn't mean that their builders should be immobile. I'm sure some of them have the game somehow (roms, hand-help copy, ebay), and if not give them a job that is able to be done without a game (terraforming, trees, rocks ect.)

The major point I am trying to get at, even if you disagree with the whole 6-gen builder idea, is to have leaders with a purpose of getting something done well and by a deadline. For that to happen, an incentive is necessary (not just a feel-satisfactory-because-you-built-a-region incentive). I suggested a way to become a 6-gen builder something that quite a lot of people would enjoy starting. Perhaps an incentive is to create an easter egg (arena, shirine, other). Possibly even a way to own a house inside a 3D-Pokemon when we update through to 5 regions. Finally, a leader that will drive their builders towards the one goal we want as a community will be necesary. I say we get a stronger "government" or in other words a leader telling us what to do. I bet you have never heard of a strong country without a strong government. We need that government in our server, and not just for the PvP server, but the Build Server as well.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

SnowBreak

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -18
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:56 pm »
Most people are waiting until 1.8 to build, but I'm not sure why... .-.
Kanto Champion.
Cerulean Leader.
Builder of all regions. Hoenn HB.
Pewter Shop Owner.
Please check out my Moderator Application if you have the chance, feedback is appreciated.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:34 am »
Most people are waiting until 1.8 to build, but I'm not sure why... .-.

Because that'll be the new server software, and we'll know what will still work and what we'll have to get rid of.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »
Warmonger and I built some yesterday on Johto's tree's
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »
Ive been trying to get some hours in building. I have done some of Johtos Terraforming and Now I am working on Unova's borders as well.

On a related note I may have killed the build server... Sorry  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:33:39 pm by Warmonger_2 »
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.