Author Topic: Admin Meetings[ALL]  (Read 9951 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Admin Meetings[ALL]
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:26:46 am »
August 29th 2013

We will not remove the Bukkit/Forge hybrid server mod in exchange for plain Forge server.

The elite 4 will be maintained the same way as the pvp server, with order, challenging, and time outs.

The elite 4 does not have a level cap, nor a type restriction.

The elite 4 must declare and maintain their intended party for official battles, if you are caught using a pokemon without the declared level and species, you will forfeit.
The challenger must do the same, and not change level nor party composition (changing order is fine) for the duration of the challenge.

All elites and champion are allowed to have 6 pokemon in their party.
Items can be used by both sides during the battles, and the challenger is allowed to heal between the fights.

Gym Leaders can only be challenged if Pokemon in your party are no more than 10 levels higher than the Gym Leader's max allowed level.
Example, if the Pewter Leader is allowed to use pokemon from levels 10-15, the Challenger can only use pokemon with levels less than 25.
Reason: We want people to lead gyms, not ragequit because they are being curb-stomped by level 70 parties.

Scamming is illegal. Duckox, I'm looking at you. Bjz/Rewas, you aren't innocent either.

All fossils given by admin will be grown immediately with the admin present, or they can be grown later with no admin, but then the risk is yours. The fate of the fossil is up to you alone, and we wish you luck. Admins should mention this each time they give a fossil.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:04:47 am by Daanor »

Ad...

eyoung12ftw

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -10
Re: Admin Meetings[ALL]
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:18:53 am »
daa challenger cap is b.s no thx no1 likes it exspect gymleaders uggg  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:06 am »
I am also currently working on chat channels which are in the testing stages and probably made public later this week or early next week. I'll be busy all weekend so I won't have to much time to work on it.

daa challenger cap is b.s no thx no1 likes it exspect gymleaders uggg  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guess now you have to use strategy instead of brute force

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:34:39 am »
The challenger cap thing is quite unfair (For trainers who were waiting for a cinnabar leader). The cinnabar gym was leader-less all week until today, and if it didn't I'd probably have all of my badges by now. Is there any compromise for this?

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Duckox

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -20
  • Never again shall they under-estimate Uncle Quack.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:04:27 am »
I think the challenger cap thing is reasonable. I'm not completely against or with it, though.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 05:37:08 am »

The challenger cap thing is quite unfair (For trainers who were waiting for a cinnabar leader). The cinnabar gym was leader-less all week until today, and if it didn't I'd probably have all of my badges by now. Is there any compromise for this?
the fact that people could just face roll kanto with 0 effort is quite stupid, I for one am excited to actually have to make some sort of effort.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 07:28:00 am »

Gym leaders are players too. If you don't give them a chance to win, why would they want to be leader? I thought this was the reason that Cinnabar has been without a leader in the first place, along with many leaders leaving their positions.

But I still don't understand one aspect of how the Elite and Champion works. According to the rules, if there are Elites, but there is no Champion, then the Elites have to wait for a challenger to beat them; this challenger becomes the new Champion. Why not just move all the Elites up? Should the Champion quit or be timed out, have the 4th Elite become the new Champion and so on. This gives an incentive to stay in the Elite. If not, they'll know that by staying in the Elite, they will never have a chance to advance further than the 4th Elite position. Several times I watched players on the pvp server quit shortly after getting into the Elite so that they could rechallenge for Champion. I think this is part of the reason that the Elite wasn't full much of the time.

Also, was any decision made on rules about crafting?

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 08:16:18 am »
How are we deciding who gets elite out of the many players with 8 badges?

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 08:51:41 am »
Recording is up, beware the 2.5 hour long duration, it's the longest one we've recorded yet.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53:34 am »
How are we deciding who gets elite out of the many players with 8 badges?

Same as pvp server.

Champion is Archie, he got them first.

Second person challenges archie, winner is champion.
Third person challenges 4th elite, winner moves on or gets lowest rank.
Same as always.
As for if there are elites and no champion, I would say just promote the current elites to fill in the gap. But I feel like we've had this discussion so I invite other inputs.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 09:47:11 am »

Gym leaders are players too. If you don't give them a chance to win, why would they want to be leader? I thought this was the reason that Cinnabar has been without a leader in the first place, along with many leaders leaving their positions.

But I still don't understand one aspect of how the Elite and Champion works. According to the rules, if there are Elites, but there is no Champion, then the Elites have to wait for a challenger to beat them; this challenger becomes the new Champion. Why not just move all the Elites up? Should the Champion quit or be timed out, have the 4th Elite become the new Champion and so on. This gives an incentive to stay in the Elite. If not, they'll know that by staying in the Elite, they will never have a chance to advance further than the 4th Elite position. Several times I watched players on the pvp server quit shortly after getting into the Elite so that they could rechallenge for Champion. I think this is part of the reason that the Elite wasn't full much of the time.

Also, was any decision made on rules about crafting?

Crafting will stay as is for now.

As for the elite, I think it'd be a good idea to move each one up, because thats somewhat similar to what happened in the games, Lance became Champion in GS after being 4th elite in RB.

Currently though, this is not the case. It works more like oddy said.

KABO000OM

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -1
  • WEEEEEE
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:38:25 am »
the fact that people could just face roll kanto with 0 effort is quite stupid, I for one am excited to actually have to make some sort of effort.

I gotta agree with you on this! People can just blow through Kanto now. Most people have at least above level 50s! The only thing I would change would be to make it 15 levels above the leaders, because in the game, me and my friends always challenged when we knew we were going to win!

Also, with the Kanto Elite 4, I suggest allowing the first 5 people to get the 8 badges (including archie) challenge, but for the rest of the people, to make them compete in a tournament, and the top 2 people get to challenge the Elite 4!
TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!

^__^ My Life Story ^__^

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »
The only thing I would change would be to make it 15 levels above the leaders, because in the game, me and my friends always challenged when we knew we were going to win!

If you can't win with more pokemon, a type advatage, and 10 levels on your opponent, the fault does not lie with the system.

KABO000OM

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -1
  • WEEEEEE
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 03:47:18 pm »

If you can't win with more pokemon, a type advatage, and 10 levels on your opponent, the fault does not lie with the system.

true...
TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!TENE!

^__^ My Life Story ^__^

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:14 am »
The elite 4 must declare and maintain their intended party for official battles, if you are caught using a pokemon without the declared level and species, you will forfeit.
The challenger must do the same, and not change level nor party composition (changing order is fine) for the duration of the challenge.
A - Does this apply to the Champion?
B - I think this rule should be more flexible as people will be using their main team in Elite Battles and this rule seems to prevent them from improving their team at all.