Author Topic: Howd did YOU become OP  (Read 10649 times)

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
Re: Howd did YOU become mod
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
May you PM me some of the said server's IPs? I'd like to check them out  :)

Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

Ad...

Frenzy_Monkey47

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -45
  • mooooo.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:48 am »
Ill tell you how my friend got admin. He made a server and made a prefix called admin. The end :D

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:21 am »
Lol.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:43 am »
Lol.
Oh noes. Lily forum spam. Will have pages of unread posts when I check forums next.. xD

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 11:32:19 am »
 :doh: typical tene

btw check out the new line in my sig  :p

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 11:34:43 am »
:doh: typical tene

btw check out the new line in my sig  :p
How nice...

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 01:53:23 pm »
Hey frenzy, You should change the title to "How did YOU become OP".

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 02:08:23 pm »
So it's June 2011 and I'm out of my part time college semester, and finally decide to see what minecraft multiplayer is like. I'd made a single player world, made a quarry that took multiple days to mine, and I was honestly bored.
So I check out minecraft forums. First thing that looks interesting, some small new server, not much to it. I join, and it's pretty much him and me for the first 3 days. I recall being amazed by him making a pillar of glass into the sky, wondering how he did such an amazing thing. I guess he had world edit. I built an igloo with my /give items. He gave me op a little later. Then I became bored with minecraft and didn't log in for about 3 weeks. The ip never worked again.

So I looked on minecraft forums again. Found another server, and logged in. Holy cow, so much stuff, an ice skating rink, something that looked like a Ferris wheel, a hideout for some group if people with 30 rooms, and who knows what else. I was teleported to the top of a tower and I remember the awe I felt as I saw how grandiose the server was. I got snuck up upon by a creeper and he exploded near the rink. I told the admin online and I just gaped as the hole was repaired before my eyes. I regretfully told them that the server was just too advanced for what I was looking for, and I was leaving to look for something more simple. They said their farewells with a puzzled tone, mentioning that they weren't that complex. So I left and went back to the forum.

And what would I find but a server title with the word Pokemon in it? Now the forum was undergoing maintenance, so everything was read only until the next morning. So I read through the applications, realized it was white listed, and resigned to the fact that I would have to wait until morning to apply and check it out.
Just for shits and giggles, I typed in the numbers for the ip and hit enter. Lo and behold, I log in and see the interior of a pallet town house. Appropriately surprised, I type "hello" to see if anyone is online. I get a response from Nightroado, and X_griffin_X saying that as long as I didn't mess with anything, I could stay. They had world guarded the places that they had finished, so there was literally no threat. So I made my way through viridian forest. And then mt moon, with no problems since it was onPeaceful difficulty during building. So I see the two of them, and one other player on an Ash skin (I was wearing Arcanine at the time) talking about how long the fence was by the Badge mans house. I think that it's cool, and since I remembered reading that someone had donated 30, I decided I wanted the record and donated 32. I then stayed around while Zombiedood dug holes in the dirt and tried to get me to fall into them. I couldn't retaliate because I didn't have access to the area.
The next morning, I think "what the hell, I can't build the city but I can contribute" so I go into the wild, chop down a tree, and grab the saplings and logs. I then start a tree farm outside cerulean city, grabbing saplings and replanting them, getting logs and crafting them into planks, and when there was no more to harvest, I built Nugget Bridge with my planks. If I ran out, my farm had more grown by the time I was ready.
It was only the next day that I learned that donating got you op. from there, it was a whirlwind of X_griffin_X teaching me how to //set things, how to make leaves above the ground for hedges, how to /give myself infinite items, building cinnabar gym, nightroado fighting me, telling me I suck at pvp, zaneakye fighting me and being my only victory in that gym, gladosexe taking too long with mobs-to-money and me finally learning how to install a plugin with MobBounty, trying to edit the Essentials Motd and using an apostrophe which broke the entire config, and broke all of essentials (aka the 1ce age) creepers blowing everything up, chat tags gone, money useless, so much chaos, and then the shiny red tag saying that I was actually part of the group in charge.

Tl;dr: I donated for admin and built nugget bridge.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 03:03:53 pm »
On the subject of how each of us found this server. I wasn't playing on any public multiplayer servers before this one, I hosted a small vanilla server on my iMac and wanting to re-enact the destruction of the Titanic (In any way possible), I searched 'Titanic' into the MCforums and somehow came across this. I was amazed and incredibly happy and since then I've been a regular player on the Pokemon Server.

Getting back on topic. I became an admin on the Animal Crossing Server twice, The first time was in late January. On New Years Eve I was at a party and Myself, Jeddeth and My cousin were bored out of our skulls so we decided to play some video games. I was very addicted to Minecraft at the time and it explains my ideas back then, while looking through my Cousins collection of games I came across Animal Crossing City Folk and had fond memories of playing it online with others. Then the idea for an Animal Crossing Server popped into my head, I thought it was one of the best ideas I ever had. Then the server ran out of money so it had to be closed. Ali who was a very helpful and regular player (and also promoted to Moderator shortly before the server was closed) constantly volunteered to pay for the server but I always declined because I didn't want to put all responsibilities on him. A few months after it closed down, I heard that Ali was reviving the server with a new map and new plugins etc.(A clean slate) and I tried to get the original map from Chibilink to save us a ton of work. Chibi said he couldn't find it but magically found it a few weeks later and sent it to me and from there on I've been a dedicated Admin of the Animal Crossing Server.

LilacLily

• PokeFan
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:10 pm »
On the subject of how each of us found this server.
I was voting for a friend's server on Minestatus.net. I was just about to scroll the list of servers (I had a tendency to do so back then). I stopped, A server catching my eye. I looked at the top 5 servers, namely #3. It had a rather off picture of Charmander and its evolutions. It said, "The Pokemon Server". I looked at the IP. Easy enough to remember. I brought up MC and entered the IP. I have had so much fun since then.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »
I found pokemon server from youtube. That old old video with fur elise playing in the background I think... Got the IP off facebook :p

Anniiee

• Professor Assistant
  • Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: 25
  • Meep
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »
That was a very interesting and nostalgic story, 1ce. I actually enjoyed reading it. Rare candied  :)

As for me.. to this day I have no idea how I became mod. The Pokemon Server has been my first and currently the only server I play on other than some Hamachi servers.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:00 pm »
That was a very interesting and nostalgic story, 1ce. I actually enjoyed reading it. Rare candied  :)

As for me.. to this day I have no idea how I became mod. The Pokemon Server has been my first and currently the only server I play on other than some Hamachi servers.

So oddly we have the same backstory as too how we both got mod.  :p

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
So oddly we have the same backstory as too how we both got mod.  :p
Where are you a mod?

Rigby

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 01:12:23 am »
Rigby's story on how he got mod.
Zombiedood liked me.
I think that case is rare enough to the point it explains itself.