Author Topic: Last admin meeting  (Read 5333 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Last admin meeting
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »
Rather than discuss what you guys all missed in the other thread because it's going to become a clusterfuck of everyone, feel free to post what you want reversed here and why.

As for RPG plugin, we never had a final decision on it from what I remember. I don't know why you wouldn't want it because it promotes the exact opposite of scamming. We also had the support from everyone (Except WaffleDoc) in the channel which was about 8-9 people, so it was felt that a good amount of people from the server wanted it.

As for demoting tactic, he has been inactive for a long time. He hasn't given an excuse since the beginning of july when we asked him why he was inactive. He had been inactive during that and I understand he stated he was having family problems but then he clearly stated he was going to be active again which he clearly isn't. He hasn't given us an excuse and an inactivity of about a month of is a long time with not posting at all. If he has family problems, then we might as well demote him and when he can firmly resume his responsibilities again, I'd have no problem repromoting him. If anything, it's better to take a pressure off him if something is this serious.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Last admin meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »
Tactic did say he'd be active again, but I'm still willing to give him more time. He may end up like Annie again, has a reason, but not come online.

As for trade plugin, we could keep it on for a week as a trial run, and see how things go from there?

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:19:07 pm »
Tactic did say he'd be active again, but I'm still willing to give him more time. He may end up like Annie again, has a reason, but not come online.

As for trade plugin, we could keep it on for a week as a trial run, and see how things go from there?

Personally, I've been seeing a rise in trolling and general rule breaking in the last month. I would attribute it to the lack of moderation. I would think it would be a good idea to look for a new mod. But if we keep him as a mod, I can't really condone adding more to our list, it's already pretty lengthy. I think it's for the best of the server to try to have mods that will moderate. And I said it once, I'll say it again, if he comes back and can prove commitment, we can repromote him. What's wrong with giving other people the chance to prove themselves when someone isn't here. It's not like once we demote him he can never be a mod again. It's nothing personal towards him. What are you afraid of demoting him for? If he really is so busy to the point where he can't get on the forums for 5 minutes to post an excuse of absense, I don't believe he is going to be coming back to the server for a while. I like Tactic and happily await his return, but it's hurting the server if we don't try to keep our moderation team a team of people who are active.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:48:58 pm »
If you could guarantee no issues on tactics return to re mod him than what ever I get not wanting a name on the roster that's not filling the position but he had reasons and while active he is a strong mod.

As far as the trade plugin it's useless. You cannot use it with money, only items, so it doesn't stop people from taking the item and not paying or vice versa. I assume we would set the trade distance to a no more than 3 blocks to avoid abuse, therefor you could just trade the item on the floor. "But Oddy, what if someone picks up the item?" Tough shit, there are plenty of ways to safely exchange items just don't do it in the middle of a populated area use /MSG so people don't know where you are meeting. I'm not willing to baby proof everything, be smart and use your head and you won't have any issues
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:58:33 pm »
If you could guarantee no issues on tactics return to re mod him than what ever I get not wanting a name on the roster that's not filling the position but he had reasons and while active he is a strong mod.

As far as the trade plugin it's useless. You cannot use it with money, only items, so it doesn't stop people from taking the item and not paying or vice versa. I assume we would set the trade distance to a no more than 3 blocks to avoid abuse, therefor you could just trade the item on the floor. "But Oddy, what if someone picks up the item?" Tough shit, there are plenty of ways to safely exchange items just don't do it in the middle of a populated area use /MSG so people don't know where you are meeting. I'm not willing to baby proof everything, be smart and use your head and you won't have any issues

I have no issue of tactic returning to mod and promoting him but I would want to wait a week or two to make sure all of his absence issues are resolved. After that, I have no problem.

It's not useless, it's the exact opposite. You're correct, it doesn't stop people from taking the item and not paying. WE can set it to more than 3 blocks, I don't see how 15 blocks would be abusable if that was the max. you're only defense against this plugin is that it makes it TOO easy for players to not get scammed? Who cares if we're baby proofing the server, most of our server act like babies.'

Why not do what tene said. Try it for a week. If it does nothing, get rid of it. If users like it, keep it. What harm can possible come from it.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
15 blocks people can trade items from elite spectate area to the arena,
It DOESN'T stop a scam considering probably 95% of trades involve money, and if your getting that close to someone anyway just do a drop, why add ANOTHER plugin that's just a baby proofing its actual gameplay improvement is extremely limited and would have minimal affect on the server
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 08:21:23 pm »

I have no issue of tactic returning to mod and promoting him but I would want to wait a week or two to make sure all of his absence issues are resolved. After that, I have no problem.

It's not useless, it's the exact opposite. You're correct, it doesn't stop people from taking the item and not paying. WE can set it to more than 3 blocks, I don't see how 15 blocks would be abusable if that was the max. you're only defense against this plugin is that it makes it TOO easy for players to not get scammed? Who cares if we're baby proofing the server, most of our server act like babies.'

Why not do what tene said. Try it for a week. If it does nothing, get rid of it. If users like it, keep it. What harm can possible come from it.

Tactic is probably going through a hard time, and from the looks of his history he was last on the forums yesterday, so you could inbox him and just ask.

Excuse:
My father passed away and my brother severely injured, haven't had internet access. I'll be on regularly from tomorrow.

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »
Just saying, even though he is unable to get on the server he keeps himself updated via forums fairly often( I prob see him on once or twice a day)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:54:23 pm by oddy »

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »
15 blocks people can trade items from elite spectate area to the arena,
It DOESN'T stop a scam considering probably 95% of trades involve money, and if your getting that close to someone anyway just do a drop, why add ANOTHER plugin that's just a baby proofing its actual gameplay improvement is extremely limited and would have minimal affect on the server

You make a good point with the 15 blocks. I still would want to try it for a week and see the reaction. There's obviously a fundamental difference between us of "baby proof" which neither of us will budge on which is fine. So that vote is in. Waiting for other admin opinions on giving it atleast a week trial.

@Ali are you even reading what I'm saying? I agree with 100% of what you're saying. I'm tired of going after mods asking them about activity. If he's so active on the forums, why hasn't he posted anything in the admin meeting post? And Ali, I already responded to that quote. That was made a month ago and he never became regularly active on the server. If he needs time to recover, I understand. He can come back whenever and resume his moderation position.

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »
@Ali are you even reading what I'm saying? I agree with 100% of what you're saying. I'm tired of going after mods asking them about activity. If he's so active on the forums, why hasn't he posted anything in the admin meeting post? And Ali, I already responded to that quote. That was made a month ago and he never became regularly active on the server. If he needs time to recover, I understand. He can come back whenever and resume his moderation position.

Ah, don't worry. I noticed that half the thread wasn't there because I was using my phone. Mistake.

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 10:40:35 pm »
No problem. So we have a majority on demoting tactic. Oddy votes no for plugin. Mio and I still for yes. I believe tene said yes for a week trial? And 1ce looks like he said no. So majority wins there. Am I correct?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 03:53:34 am »
No problem. So we have a majority on demoting tactic. Oddy votes no for plugin. Mio and I still for yes. I believe tene said yes for a week trial? And 1ce looks like he said no. So majority wins there. Am I correct?

Seems like it to me. Waiting on other's input.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Personally, I've been seeing a rise in trolling and general rule breaking in the last month. I would attribute it to the lack of moderation. I would think it would be a good idea to look for a new mod. But if we keep him as a mod, I can't really condone adding more to our list, it's already pretty lengthy. I think it's for the best of the server to try to have mods that will moderate.

We have no limit on how many moderators we can assign. Demoting one to "make space" is a mistake, because we can make as much space as we want.
Idc bout the trading plugin, I just think it's a waste of time.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:52 pm »
We have no limit on how many moderators we can assign. Demoting one to "make space" is a mistake, because we can make as much space as we want.
Idc bout the trading plugin, I just think it's a waste of time.

You're correct, but I can have a personal opinion on how many I would like to see. And I personally like to have moderators that are moderating.

Answer me this. JUST THIS. Why can't we demote him till he can properly become stable again to moderate again. There's no point on having someone on the list if they're not going to moderate right now. I've said it 450003050205034706 times, I understand he is having problems. When he comes back, we can promote him back. I mean honestly, this is the stretch of my limit. We always talk about timing out with gymleaders, elites, homes, but when it comes to mods, it seems like it's off limits. He gave an excuse a month ago. He comes on the forums everyday and STILL hasn't posted something when he was clearly demoted in a thread. I'm tired of going after mods, that's not my job. If he even had an objection to being demoted, he hasn't showed it. That's worrying me more than anything else. If I was getting on the forums and saw a post about me getting demoted, I'd probably say something in my defense when it specifically said due to my inactivity. AND also said I could come back when I give a reason.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 03:03:27 pm »
When he comes back, we can promote him back.

This is where I'm having the problem, what's the point if we know we're going to re-add him? So some invisible list can look fancy for a week or two? Do you think the server morale will be better if we demote a trusted moderator? What's worse, that or having him just be gone for a while?

I'm tired of going after mods, that's not my job.

Then don't? Let someone else do it, and decide when it needs to be done. He's barely been offline the server long enough to lose his house, much less a respected and well earned title.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email: