PvP Server > Kanto-Related

Don't panic, I just had a really bad idea that might be a good idea

(1/7) > >>

1cec0ld:
Should we (don't go crazy here, let's all be logical...) delete all of Kanto and rebuild it in the design of SoulSilver?
This has been tossed up a few times, I simply shot it down because I didn't want to spend more time building, and I think Cinnabar looks like a turd.

However, time allocation aside, has anyone noticed on http://tiny.cc/pokebuild aka http://play.pokemonserver.net:8126 that the cities and routes for Johto are regioned in a very noticable pattern? Same with Sinnoh? DS games introduced a new way of measuring areas, which makes the areas much easier to scale and recognize errors in. It also has a more 'modern' color/texture scheme, like Johto currently does.

I understand that this would take time, though not everything would need to be redone, a lot would. We used FireRed because the AdvanceMap program helped us do it the easy way, using pictures. But shouldn't we do things the right way now that we know what we're doing, and have a more up-to-date basis to work off of?
It would also remove the "Kanto Pokemon League vs Johto Pokemon League" conundrum we are looking at now, with Kanto's being done, and Johto's only having a building started-when they are technically the same place in the games, for every version including Johto.
It would also give us a chance to fix the "pixelmon spawning inside a tree" issue that is rampant with our current tree design. (Which only exists in Kanto as far as I know)
Obviously Sevii would remain untouched, as it was a FireRed-only add-on. There was never an old vs new argument there, it simply exists in one form.
The Pal Park will have to be done by someone else, because I don't have an ActionReplay or a DS that can 'migrate' pokemon from an Advance Game.

Discuss, whether you're a Kanto/Johto builder, tourist, or builder in another region. Try not to use the argument "it would take a long time."
Everyone already knows that. This whole 5-region bonanza has recently passed the 1-year mark.

synderfin:
I think we need to look at who we're appealing to though. With the new map people will be able to pick their favourite region to start in and Kanto fans like Kanto because it was either their favourite game or they grew up with it. They're going to want to explore the Kanto from the Kanto game and re-live all the moments not be stuck with the Kanto from the Johto games.
I for one can relate to this. If I was new and went exploring I'd like to be hit with all the nostalgia and visit memorable places like the safari zone or Cinnabar island from the game that I wanted to see.

~Ali~:
Go for it, whilst the regions are being built I've never actually seen them built this fast. (EG: Sinnoh & Hoenn)
It would be sad to see, but if it fixes all problems then go the hell for it mate. :D

Tenebrae:
I'm not going to say delete the current one, keep it but move it somewhere else, and have that as a GenIII Kanto.

Honedge:
I'm all for it.  I'll get my soul silver game and apply for builder to help :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version