Community Related > Media

The real misunderstanding of Nightcore.

(1/2) > >>

AxZeroCrypt:
So, as probably few of you know and acknowledge the existence of the two nightcore threads before this, this thread will just clear up what the hell this subgenre is. The real definition of nightcore, is not sped up chipmunk-sounding songs, but instead, sped up trance/dance/handsup songs. Yes, some songs do sound great if they're not trance/dance/handsup. For example; Angel with a shotgun. That was one of the leading songs that started everyone's misunderstanding, and for creators, misuse of the name "nightcore".
Anyways something like this:
http://youtu.be/ZnWifxrLR1Y?list=UU5x_tlRPC4RX3Tb_DBLfatQ
Is the more correct use of nightcore, it doesn't have any lyrics to have that chipmunk feel to it, but it gives you a faster beat and has a pick-me-up feel to it.
Not sure if this is media, since I made this video, or discussion since i'm telling you this information. If anyone else makes nightcore, I'm interseted to see what you make.

Tenebrae:
Still, where is the talent in speeding up an already existing song?

AxZeroCrypt:

--- Quote from: tenebraemaximus on July 21, 2014, 12:35:20 pm ---Still, where is the talent in speeding up an already existing song?

--- End quote ---
There doesn't have to be any real talent in speeding up a song. The poeple who listen to nightcore don't listen to it for the pleasure of knowing that someone is good at it. Anyone can make it. You, me and anyone else on the server. No talent in speeding up a song, all it gives is a faster beat and higher pitch, which is meant to uplift people.

Tenebrae:

--- Quote from: AxZeroCrypt on July 21, 2014, 12:43:11 pm ---There doesn't have to be any real talent in speeding up a song. The poeple who listen to nightcore don't listen to it for the pleasure of knowing that someone is good at it. Anyone can make it. You, me and anyone else on the server. No talent in speeding up a song, all it gives is a faster beat and higher pitch, which is meant to uplift people.

--- End quote ---

People are weird.

AxZeroCrypt:

--- Quote from: tenebraemaximus on July 21, 2014, 12:50:51 pm ---People are weird.

--- End quote ---
That's what makes us so intriguing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version