Author Topic: Elite 4 2 day time out?  (Read 1837 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Elite 4 2 day time out?
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:53:01 pm »
Archie was asking me today if, during a challenge, if either the challenger or the elite that they are up to dont come on for 2 days straight, they forfeit that match? I don't recall this, although it usually hasnt been an issue til now, as archie waits for backpackcat, and stng refuses to help archie in any way.

Ad...

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
Re: Elite 4 2 day time out?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:44 pm »
I read this after I posted in the Elite thread and Archie told me this was already a rule. Anyway, I think Archie should move onto Stng.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »
As much as I agree, that rule doesn't exist as far as Oddy and I remember, not to mention it defies logic if it does.

Challenger beats person 3. Person 4 doesn't know it.
Person 4 doesn't come on until 3 days later. "what? I didn't fight him? But i had 2 more days (total of 5) until I timed out..."
Not knowing you didn't have a fight is not sufficient to forfeit it. 5 days is my decision. Others can post under here.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:34:56 am »
Strange, I remember it being a week.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 02:30:07 am »
Strange, I remember it being a week.

Thats champion.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:15:45 am »
The rule is that if a challenger was offline for 2 days when they was due to fight somebody, they would forfeit their challenge.

My question to 1ce yesterday was whether this also applies to the Elite who is due to fight the challenger.
I think it should because if there are different timeout limits, the Elite can drag out the battle through inactivity whilst the challenger has to continuously wait and stay online.
I understand your confusion with timeouts for the Rank but the timeout I am referring to is different.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 07:18:17 am »
Archie was asking me today if, during a challenge, if either the challenger or the elite that they are up to dont come on for 2 days straight, they forfeit that match? I don't recall this, although it usually hasnt been an issue til now, as archie waits for backpackcat, and stng refuses to help archie in any way.
In addition to this, it's obvious as hell that Stng is telling Backpack to not come online when I am available, I've even seen times when Backpack logs in to troll me because there is no other Admin/Mod around to host the battle.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:07 am »
And just as with stng vs ta, there will eventually be an ultimatum posed forcing the lesser-active party to show up.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:02:55 am »
Ok, Glad this is settled.