Author Topic: New Housing Prices  (Read 2274 times)

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
New Housing Prices
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:16:58 am »
We were deciding on new housing prices for when the new maps go up. What we came up with for a new formula is (2.5x-8)^2 where x is the number of floor tiles within the house (not including walls). It makes the smallest houses a bit cheaper, while making most houses more expensive, so people actually have to work for the money.

Housing

There are house sizes we found, and the new prices for them compared to the current pricing system. Rouding might be a good option.

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Re: New Housing Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:23:08 am »
Rounding would make it harder to automate.

What I plan is a system where moderators only need to
/evict player (house region)
Clear the chests/signs/furnaces/etc
and then place a sign on that house with the following details:
[For Sale]
#tiles
regionName

[For Sale]
viridianhouse1

Then right click it and the #tiles will auto-change into the price.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:50:07 am »
Clear the chests/signs/furnaces/etc

Could even have it so when a player right clicks the sign to buy the house, it clears the contents. Half the mods don't have worldedit, and manual removal is tedious.

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:36:22 pm »
I like what 1ce said, that would help us out a lot. As for the house prices, I think that new formula makes it way to expensive for some houses.

#swag

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »
That's the idea, Waffles. Everyone either has not enough money, or tons sitting around that they do nothing with. With this, the smallest houses are a bit more affordable to new players. And the larger houses will actually have to be worked for.

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 05:38:06 pm »
I get your point, but there are some drawbacks. First, for example, I have had a $12000 house, and it's not worth really more than 20k. Also, how much would the boats have to be? With this, it makes it look as if the boats have to be in the millions.

#swag

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 08:09:42 pm »
I get your point, but there are some drawbacks. First, for example, I have had a $12000 house, and it's not worth really more than 20k. Also, how much would the boats have to be? With this, it makes it look as if the boats have to be in the millions.
boats have always been auction style I assume it will be the same, as for how much you think you 12k/20k house is worth, that's relative and at the end of a day we decide what it's worth and a formula like this makes each house 100% fair in comparison to what someone else pays regardless of house size
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »

Why do you say its not 'worth more than 20k'?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:25:06 pm »
I like what 1ce said, that would help us out a lot. As for the house prices, I think that new formula makes it way to expensive for some houses.

As Daanor said, thats the whole point of it. People just have money floating around, and they're not spending it.

With the new pricing scheme your house will be worth 20k.

Boats will be auctioned, as always.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:19 pm »
Can you make a command to do the formula math? Or do I have to break out my calculator and memorize it? I'm fine with any change, as well.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »
1ce said he wants to set it up so you just need to enter the amount of floor blocks on a sign, right click it, and it will automatically calculate a price
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »
Ok, I see
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:03 pm »
In the worst case scenario, we can just keep the prices listed next to the house names in the Housing/Eviction thread so nobody has to worry about calculating them each time.