Author Topic: PMD World  (Read 7082 times)

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
Re: PMD World
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 01:06:00 pm »
I miss that training spot.

Actually, I prefer Nether Training. Slaughtering pigmen for golden apples and infinite pork chops. :3

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »
I miss that training spot.

Actually, I prefer Nether Training. Slaughtering pigmen for golden apples and infinite pork chops. :3
Technically not infinite :p

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »
Technically not infinite :p

Actually, yes it is.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 01:52:13 pm »
Actually, yes it is.
No it isn't. The source is infinite, not the actual pork chop itself. Bukkit patched infinite items a while back...

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 05:33:42 pm »
what would players do besides raid the same dungeons over and over, PvP, and get items?
I think you would actually be able to do more in a PMD map than you can do in the main regions on the server;
- Go through randomly generated dungeons
- Join a guild
- Do Quests, like beat 'X' dungeon, get to X floor of X dungeon, get to X location before time runs out, survive waves of enemies attacking your guild ETC
- PvP members of other guilds

For dungeons, we could have a world generation plugin made to randomize the dungeon layouts, and there would be mob spawners everywhere in them. Although world gen plugins would probably be really complicated, we would probably need to hire an external plugin dev to make it.

Actually, it might be a better replacement for the SSB server, idk but people seem to have lost interest in it.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »
If I had a vote, I don't like either of the ideas. Nintendo-based ideas are starting to bore me
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »
I think that if we were to have a PMD world, we'd have to have a different server to implement it.

If I had a vote, I don't like either of the ideas. Nintendo-based ideas are starting to bore me

That might be because the ideas just aren't good.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 07:53:17 pm »
I think that if we were to have a PMD world, we'd have to have a different server to implement it.

That might be because the ideas just aren't good.
someone understands me
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 03:07:29 am »
I think you would actually be able to do more in a PMD map than you can do in the main regions on the server;
- Go through randomly generated dungeons
- Join a guild
- Do Quests, like beat 'X' dungeon, get to X floor of X dungeon, get to X location before time runs out, survive waves of enemies attacking your guild ETC
- PvP members of other guilds

For dungeons, we could have a world generation plugin made to randomize the dungeon layouts, and there would be mob spawners everywhere in them. Although world gen plugins would probably be really complicated, we would probably need to hire an external plugin dev to make it.

Actually, it might be a better replacement for the SSB server, idk but people seem to have lost interest in it.
Problem here is mob spawners.
Also, I agree with Prod and Anon.

Anglican

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 1
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 05:09:29 pm »
Hmmmm.... A Mystery Dungeon plugin would be required to make it fully possible... The main problem is the dungeons.... IQ and EXP can be added easily by using metadata and filesaves..... Bu the main question is the dungeons. I'm currently attempting to make a mystery dungeon gen plugin, which isn't going so well >.<.

However, something that we COULD do, and I say could because this could get awkward....
I've been looking at server modding for vanilla, and i think most of this could be accomplished by modding a vanilla server (I'd do craftbukkit but I can't seem to decompile it like vanilla...). This would only work if no other plugins were required.....

Either way, I'm working on some sort of way to do this, mainly because a Mystery Dungeon world would be pretty awesome. I'd like to be a builder for MD if we get a world as well, but yeah...

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
2 months later.. I still hate this idea
I approve

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 05:08:03 am »
2 months later.. I still hate this idea
2 months later.. I still LOVE this idea

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:35 pm »
Oh I didn't notice this thread when it started but may I point out that the Mystery Dungeon town was built equally by ME and Bes. It took a lot of effort especially since the town square used to be a mountain. It was our idea to build it then see if the admins wanted to make it a visiting site.
I must also say that I think this is a great idea but only when the other regions are done. Also the dungeons can be built easily. We'd just need a basic size for all of the them then just make a random maze like the game. It wouldn't need to be randomly generated and could stay the same as there are so many dungeons so people can do something different and no one is going to be able to memories the passage through the big ones.
If we were going to do this idea I think we should start with the first one.
I think I'll make Tiny Woods on my single player.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:34:48 pm by sharkfin1997 »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

zekrom74

• Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: -9
  • wth is going on? ._.
    • www.falsewebsite.co.uk.sg.net@gmail.com/http://legithacks(legittothemax)
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:01 pm »
I saw bes build it when it was griefed lol

Anglican

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 1
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:46 am »
Oh I didn't notice this thread when it started but may I point out that the Mystery Dungeon town was built equally by ME and Bes. It took a lot of effort especially since the town square used to be a mountain. It was our idea to build it then see if the admins wanted to make it a visiting site.
I must also say that I think this is a great idea but only when the other regions are done. Also the dungeons can be built easily. We'd just need a basic size for all of the them then just make a random maze like the game. It wouldn't need to be randomly generated and could stay the same as there are so many dungeons so people can do something different and no one is going to be able to memories the passage through the big ones.
If we were going to do this idea I think we should start with the first one.
I think I'll make Tiny Woods on my single player.

...Except the idea of a mystery dungeon is that it is random
Also, may I ask. Chests, money, for places like Tiny Woods, players could easily raid them. Not to mention, you'd need to disable maps, but then people could install mini-maps and use waypoints, and some could make a map on their computer! No, they'd need to be randomly generated.