Author Topic: Tournaments becomming official.  (Read 10045 times)

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -2
Tournaments becomming official.
« on: July 31, 2013, 07:53:26 am »
How about making tournaments official? like gyms kinda?

We could have a TournamentMaster who is the host and runs the tournaments, mabye even have tiers of tournament, like stages one two and three, and each on has a different entry fee, higher stages being a higher entry fee but larger reward. Tournament could be scheduled rather than spontanious and only the TournamentMasters could host them. Obviously they would follow the regular rules except it would be much more controled, TournamentMasters would have access to tping people to certain areas of the tournament area, such as spectating and battling. Obviously this comes with alot of responsibility to not abuse the power, but i think that would not be a problem, as TournamentMaster would be someone(s) who was picked by the admins and/or current masters, for like how gymleaders select their coleaders. Also a special Tournament Area/arena could be made, unlike the one viros made, i have all the ideas for that planned so if this gets interest i will elaborate later. I think this could also be used as a money sink, making entry fees high, with high rewards( but not too high) and prehaphs a new title of TournamentChampion, and make tournaments less frequent, or mabye have it that, you must be champion of the previous stage to particapate in the next stage tournament. There would also be rules that would have punishments, such as no stealing items, no killing players no in battles, ect...Theres so much potential, please post and ideas/suggestions/worries-Text
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:16:00 am by textiletrade »

Ad...

Duckox

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -20
  • Never again shall they under-estimate Uncle Quack.
Re: Tournaments becomming official.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:03:07 am »
First of all, Becoming has one m, not two.

Sounds okay, dibs on being a Tournament Master, cause I am generally known for hosting tourneys.

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:04:10 am »
Xd, first of all, it is not as simple as first in first serverd, the TM would be chosen by the community or admins/mods, similar to how they chose mods whith applications

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:17:35 am »
First of all, Becoming has one m, not two.

Sounds okay, dibs on being a Tournament Master, cause I am generally known for hosting tourneys.
That's selfish.
But does a big group of people LIKE your style of tournaments?
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:22:05 am »
What Zero said

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:25:34 am »
You want a tournament master? Why do you think VIROS hangs around? Bring up the idea of a tournament league to him and he might be glad to host it
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »
How about making tournaments official? like gyms kinda?

We could have a TournamentMaster who is the host and runs the tournaments, mabye even have tiers of tournament, like stages one two and three, and each on has a different entry fee, higher stages being a higher entry fee but larger reward. Tournament could be scheduled rather than spontanious and only the TournamentMasters could host them. Obviously they would follow the regular rules except it would be much more controled, TournamentMasters would have access to tping people to certain areas of the tournament area, such as spectating and battling. Obviously this comes with alot of responsibility to not abuse the power, but i think that would not be a problem, as TournamentMaster would be someone(s) who was picked by the admins and/or current masters, for like how gymleaders select their coleaders. Also a special Tournament Area/arena could be made, unlike the one viros made, i have all the ideas for that planned so if this gets interest i will elaborate later. I think this could also be used as a money sink, making entry fees high, with high rewards( but not too high) and prehaphs a new title of TournamentChampion, and make tournaments less frequent, or mabye have it that, you must be champion of the previous stage to particapate in the next stage tournament. There would also be rules that would have punishments, such as no stealing items, no killing players no in battles, ect...Theres so much potential, please post and ideas/suggestions/worries-Text
VIROS, Is the Event Master, That means he is basically the Tournament Master as well.
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
Bring up the idea of a tournament league to VIROS and he might be glad to host it

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 12:16:35 pm »
Aite, if i see him, ill tell him to look

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »
I used to host PVP tournaments fairly often, People got bored of strictly pvp evens, so i stopped hosting them.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 03:11:50 pm »
I used to host PVP tournaments fairly often, People got bored of strictly pvp evens, so i stopped hosting them.

I didn't.
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »
Obviously the ability to tp people wherever/whenever you want for the purpose of controlling a tournament is very powerful for a regular player. Because of this, just ask VIROS to host tournaments like everyone else said. /mail

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »
So say we get viro to be the TM, and if not, the whole point of a TM would be that it was someone very special, like an admin or  a mod, weather thats a player who we thought would do a good job and not abuse power, or an admin or viros

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 08:01:45 pm »
thats a player who we thought would do a good job and not abuse power

Admins/mods.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:06 pm »
So say we get viro to be the TM, and if not, the whole point of a TM would be that it was someone very special, like an admin or  a mod, weather thats a player who we thought would do a good job and not abuse power, or an admin or viros

What? I'm sorry, I have no idea what you just said.