Author Topic: Just a suggestion  (Read 8520 times)

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
Re: Just a suggestion
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »
If a majority votes yes, we do nothing because hardly anyone will vote Yes

Ad...

Rukariokun

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 6
  • メガルカリオくん
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 05:27:57 pm »
If a majority votes yes, we do nothing because hardly anyone will vote Yes
  Well then call me hardly anyone!  :D

What she meant is that regen potions and golden apples cost a lot of stuff. For regeneration potions, you have to go in the nether and find ghasts.  You could get killed.  But nope! It's so you can regen in the map.  And the same with golden apples but their problem isn't rarity or danger, it's price. It's expensive to get golden apples.  I agree with zob because it's inconvenient and just makes the game harder.  Should we also block off saffron until you get a certain item for the sake of making the server more pokemon-like? Should we have gym leader assistants that you have to fight before you get to the leader? No.  Should we force trainers to get to the top of the pokemon tower just like in the games? no.   Making something more like the game doesn't make it better.
  Regeneration potions are hard to come by, sure, but like I said earlier, I have a surplus and easy source of Instant Health potions to distribute / sell for like $50 each (like seriously I need to show off my Potion Brewer some time :P). That, along with [heal] signs in every single town and city, including spawn, really makes lack of natural regen much less of an inconvenience than you make it out to be.  ;)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »
Wow calm down. Only donors can warp. Being a Gymleader doesn't give you the power to warp. You still have to donate. Also, not every arena has walls to hind behind. Also, easy sniping from the side. You wouldn't have enough time to regen.
As for the golden apples and potions, people do use them. Explain this, how would I get to a PokeCenter if I'm in the middle of the Nether and I'm near a really epic thing. I got no more homes and I don't want to tpa anyone else to me. I really need to heal or I'll die.  What would I do then?

Gym leaders do have warp at a $500 cost. Nether is still considered wild.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:25:43 pm »
I don't see a single positive to this I really don't
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »
I don't see a single positive to this I really don't

Every trainer will ask 'why isnt my health regenerating' lol

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:55:15 pm »
Every trainer will ask 'why isnt my health regenerating' lol
#notapositive
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 07:00:09 pm »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 09:29:49 pm »
What i see is more realism and more incentive for new players to build up in the wild, rather than grinding in front of pallet town.
There would be more "motivation" to go where they can regenerate, and then do all their challenges when they know or believe they are ready.
In addition to the afore stated realism, you don't regenerate Pokemon as you walk.

Rukariokun

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 6
  • メガルカリオくん
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 11:34:24 pm »
What i see is more realism and more incentive for new players to build up in the wild, rather than grinding in front of pallet town.
There would be more "motivation" to go where they can regenerate, and then do all their challenges when they know or believe they are ready.
In addition to the afore stated realism, you don't regenerate Pokemon as you walk.
^Yes.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »
If you're thinking of realism, why don't we remove PvP and PvE damage? You don't take damage in the games, just your Pokemon do.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Noivern

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 2
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
If you're thinking of realism, why don't we remove PvP and PvE damage? You don't take damage in the games, just your Pokemon do.
Could have sworn that "We are the Pokemon". If not, Excuse me for my stupidity.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 11:54:32 pm »

Really, the weapons are.

Noivern

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 2
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:38 am »

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 12:15:49 am »
ok you don't regen by walking in pokemon but you also don't get "that ledge was bigger than you thought and hurt all your pokemon" or "hugging magmar was a bad idea, now your dead" or "your Mum found out you skipped a meal, found you, and will hit you until you eat" there's a lot of shit in minecraft that isn't in pokemon but if you want up get more realism, disable all damage when out of combat, disable fall damage, give /fly to everyone with 4 badges, disable all potions that effect your enemy since there are no enemy harming items in pokemon just self buff and healing. Don't let anyone in saffron city til they buy me a beer, if they beat a gym course and lose to the leader nerf course with unlimited rechallenge 0 wait time cause that's how it is in the game.

My point being there are a lot of things that don't match up, and it doesn't make sense to have it the same, this being one of them.

Also players have to go to the wild regardless for materials and players who grind rt 1 tend to get killed so they don't stay there long
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:02:58 am by oddy »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 01:00:56 am »

Welcome to the server, please read the signs in Oaks Lab, because you obviously haven't recently.

And By recently, I mean the last half a year.