Author Topic: PVP Server Improvement Ideas  (Read 3772 times)

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
    • My Official YouTube Channel
PVP Server Improvement Ideas
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
Alright, so I'll admit the PVP server hasn't been doing so well in terms of population lately.  There can be numerous reasons as to why, but why sit here and point fingers and toes at numerous objects?  Instead, maybe we should be discussing possible solutions to help get players back online.

I've made it a mission to brainstorm some ideas for new features to add to the PVP server to improve functionality.  A common concern is that there isn't much to do on the PVP server.  If you think about it, all there really is to do is fight gym leaders.  That gets boring after a while.  So maybe some new plugins or even some cool features would be nice.

As for the rest of this, it's up to the server population.  If you have any ideas, feel free to post them.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN.  This thread is made to help improve the server, not to continuously complain about the same things.  However, I would like to take this time to address Tene's solution: a complete server reset.  Excluding mod/admin/donation ranks, the server will be completely reset.  That means you lose all exp in mcMMO, badges, houses, EVERTYHING.  It's just like Kansas after the Wizard of Oz III (or something like that).  But is it really that bad?  People like to complain, saying they worked so hard.  But then why are they concerned if they don't ever go on the server?  I personally think this is a possible solution, since it would help give any new players a good chance against the gym leaders.

Again, please post your comments, feedback, and solutions below.  Let's hope for a better tomorrow, and may the oddish's be ever in your pokemon center.

- Jeffro

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
Re: PVP Server Improvement Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:29:55 am »
By winter we should have this almost normal, hopefully.

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:37:55 am »
By winter we should have this almost normal, hopefully.

Hopefully, but it would still be nice to take some ideas to improve the server more, right?

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 01:44:53 am »
Hopefully, but it would still be nice to take some ideas to improve the server more, right?

Rewas made a whole bunch of suggestions if you haven't seen: http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=4433.msg62109#new

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 02:03:34 am »
Rewas made a whole bunch of suggestions if you haven't seen: http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=4433.msg62109#new

I'll wait until he provides a simpler version that doesn't take up half my screen.  Either that or I stop being lazy and actually read the whole thing lol

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:42:03 am »
I read it. I responded. Have fun reading that.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:15 am »
I had an idea, but it wouldn't work without a complete reset.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:35:05 pm »
Is there a way we can copy this map and post it on another server? If so, why not start fresh on that server so those who don't want to be reset can have all their stuff on the other server?

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »
Is there a way we can copy this map and post it on another server? If so, why not start fresh on that server so those who don't want to be reset can have all their stuff on the other server?

Isn't that what we have the build server for?

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:42 pm »
That my friend would be a horrible idea. Why would we reset it in the first place then? We want more people in less places. Not more places for less people to be in
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:21 pm »
how about on Saturday or sunday, you get double exp and money from killing mobs. this gives new players a way to increase their stats more and catch up to veterans who have maxed out or very high stats. some people quit cause people have somewhat high stats and think they would be crushed instantly. it would give a reason for players to come on those days and train up for gym battles and such.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
how about on Saturday or sunday, you get double exp and money from killing mobs. this gives new players a way to increase their stats more and catch up to veterans who have maxed out or very high stats. some people quit cause people have somewhat high stats and think they would be crushed instantly. it would give a reason for players to come on those days and train up for gym battles and such.

As much fun as that would be, it's gonna be hard to try and retrieve the actual day without some really hard programming.  I know I tried doing the same thing on my Hyperdimension server, in which it alters point totals at midnight every day, but I couldn't get it figured out. :/

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »
In addition, while getting the time wouldn't be so hard (plugins can access the server time, etc) it would just give old players more ways to get farther ahead. There would still be a discrepancy in the leveling and such.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 03:03:26 am »
In addition, while getting the time wouldn't be so hard (plugins can access the server time, etc) it would just give old players more ways to get farther ahead. There would still be a discrepancy in the leveling and such.

resetttt

mitzr

• Celadon Leader
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 1
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »

I'd be fine with a reset.  I'd rather have all the work reset then to lose the work and the option to play on the server.

I'm not sure if you can still do it but I've seen were the mcmmo level has been capped to a certain level for all players.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:14:44 pm by mitzr »