Author Topic: Forum Modification Ideas  (Read 27685 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Forum Modification Ideas
« on: March 30, 2012, 11:16:26 am »
Alright now. Johto's done so it's time to work on the next biggest thing. Our forum and how it looks to the public. We don't need to hire a web designer, we just need to specify what we want, and in a way that a php-programmer can understand.
If we want something changed, we would have to mention:
What we want changed,
where it is,
what we want it changed to,
and possibly how it would change behavior.

Good example:

"I'd like the Post Button to be red and blue to match the first generation game's color scheme."
*Screenshots are your friend*

I'd like the background to be red, and the word to be blue.
(Don't need to define a specific "#FBF5E6" code, but if you want to be that detailed, feel free.)

BAD Example:

Could you maek the forums more pokemony?
-end bad example.

We'll see what comes of this, how many changes you all want, and how possible they are. I leave the show to those with more knowledge, since I'm just a middleman here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:45:37 pm by 1cec0ld »

Ad...

AK49BWL

• Forum Admin
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 8
    • AK49BWL
Re: Forum Modification Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:47 am »
1ce covered things pretty well here. I can pretty much add/change/remove anything to do with the forum, as I know the software very well-- All you have to do is ask :)

Concerning locations: To help me out in that regard, post a link to the page you want to see the change on. Different pages are covered by different files, and I need to know which I need to edit ;)

Also, one more thing... Changes may take a bit to come around, because I have a full-time job and often don't have a lot of time between work and sleep and other things to constantly hang out editing forums :haha: so PLEASE don't rush me, I will let you know a general time-frame in which to expect the changes to take effect :)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Temp Forum Modification Ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:29 am »
Ok!
I would like the text of MOST or ALL buttons to be in a pokemon related border. I like retro so ill suggest this.
<------- This type of border

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:39:54 am »
Okay, Customisable colors for the background etc would be nice, like:
profile settings->background color-> for example: green

A like, or +1 button (like the minecraft forums)
[url

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Temp Forum Modification Ideas
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:34 am »
Ok!
I would like the text of MOST or ALL buttons to be in a pokemon related border. I like retro so ill suggest this.
<------- This type of border

My fav border :D I want

Rigby

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »
I want the whole forums changed :I

1cec0ld says:   This is an example of a bad post. Learn from it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:38:43 am by 1cec0ld »

AK49BWL

• Forum Admin
  • Leaving Pallet Town
    • AK49BWL
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »
I want a million dollars. Does it mean I'm gonna get it free? Hell no. We've told you what I can do - you want to go changing forum softwares, you're on your own.

Now, if you want to be a little more SPECIFIC as to what you're looking for, I'm listening.

:roll:

Archie -- I'm looking for a good way to implement the border, will let you know how it goes :)

Vitto -- Colors shouldn't be too difficult... I've already done something similar to that on my forum. Now, for the +1/Like button, I've been researching that one for some time and it looks like I might have to code my own modification.. Will let you know... Or it'll just appear, whichever :haha:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:44:46 pm by AK49BWL »

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
I want a million dollars. Does it mean I'm gonna get it free? Hell no. We've told you what I can do - you want to go changing forum softwares, you're on your own.

Now, if you want to be a little more SPECIFIC as to what you're looking for, I'm listening.

:roll:

Archie -- I'm looking for a good way to implement the border, will let you know how it goes :)

Vitto -- Colors shouldn't be too difficult... I've already done something similar to that on my forum. Now, for the +1/Like button, I've been researching that one for some time and it looks like I might have to code my own modification.. Will let you know... Or it'll just appear, whichever :haha:
Thanks Dude

AK49BWL

• Forum Admin
  • Leaving Pallet Town
    • AK49BWL
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 07:09:40 pm »
It's not perfect (CSS can't do the rounded border corners), but I got the post buttons. You may have to force-refresh so your browser will download the updated css file.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/BWL_AK_BLAZER/Misc/Screenshots/pkmnsrvr-buttons.png

Did you also want this border on the topic buttons (Reply, Notify, Mark.....etc)?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/BWL_AK_BLAZER/Misc/Screenshots/pkmnsrvr-buttons2.png
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:17:50 pm by AK49BWL »

Rigby

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:28:53 am »
xD Chill bro, I'm just fucking around, I don't really mind everything but the whole look of the forums, but I'll get over it xD

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 02:41:13 am »
xD Chill bro, I'm just fucking around, I don't really mind everything but the whole look of the forums, but I'll get over it xD

I think thats the problem ^ unlike you rigby, we're trying to be serious. Considering you're the one who bugged the fucking shit out of me to work on a theme, I'm surprised you're the immature one in all this. I expected better.

And you know me Rigby, I can't take a joke. Apparently neither can my older brother. Time to get with the program.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:46:10 am by 1cec0ld »

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:25 am »
It's not perfect (CSS can't do the rounded border corners), but I got the post buttons. You may have to force-refresh so your browser will download the updated css file.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/BWL_AK_BLAZER/Misc/Screenshots/pkmnsrvr-buttons.png

Did you also want this border on the topic buttons (Reply, Notify, Mark.....etc)?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245/BWL_AK_BLAZER/Misc/Screenshots/pkmnsrvr-buttons2.png

Its good enough for me, thanks again

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 07:56:23 am »

I think thats the problem ^ unlike you rigby, we're trying to be serious. Considering you're the one who bugged the fucking shit out of me to work on a theme, I'm surprised you're the immature one in all this. I expected better.

And you know me Rigby, I can't take a joke. Apparently neither can my older brother. Time to get with the program.
Totally Pwned.
And 1ce its not the first time ive seen rigby be immature

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 02:25:25 pm »
Its really good but could you possibly remove the background in some buttons.
Eg. The 'Reply' button has a blue background and so do the 'Post' and 'Preview' It kind of ruins the whole point of the border.
EDIT: Also id love it if you could implement this font.
<------
Again, I would really appreciate it :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:28:25 pm by ArchieSalt »

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 02:36:50 pm »
I would like the option to use EST instead of your local time.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve