Author Topic: Various Thoughts, from Kamodo.  (Read 2392 times)

BrokenMetronome

• No Pokedex
  • Friendliness: 0
  • Don't mind me, just lurking about.
Various Thoughts, from Kamodo.
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »
Alright so to start it off, these ideas I have are for the P.V.P. server, since that's where I play.

-Idea one is to get the plug-in so that Creepers don't break things upon detonation; On a similar note, the plug-in that Endermen no longer take blocks. This is mostly because I've been working out in the wild a lot on some serious builds so these are of great nuisance to me.

-Thought two is the shop prices might be a bit extreme, I know it's a small concern to me because I know better, however newer players who join go ahead and buy it and waste a lot of their stater money because they don't know better.

-My third thought is mostly for aesthetic reasons. I think it would be really cool to decorate around the main world a little more. Some examples of more decoration would be. If it's a forest area, add trees for as far as it looks good. A area that should be mountainous should have mountains. Maybe for some areas we know the climate/biome changes we work at changing the tree types surrounding the area, also changing the biome with world edit could be another way to express the change.

-In addition to the previous tree idea, we should also have full trees instead of the little ones we have. It would really make the map pop a lot more.

These conclude my little ideas for now, I might think up some more, who knows.
-NuclearKam0d0
Josh's Pokemon Team.

Ad...

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Various Thoughts, from Kamodo.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:47:13 pm »
Alright so to start it off, these ideas I have are for the P.V.P. server, since that's where I play.

-Idea one is to get the plug-in so that Creepers don't break things upon detonation; On a similar note, the plug-in that Endermen no longer take blocks. This is mostly because I've been working out in the wild a lot on some serious builds so these are of great nuisance to me.

-Thought two is the shop prices might be a bit extreme, I know it's a small concern to me because I know better, however newer players who join go ahead and buy it and waste a lot of their stater money because they don't know better.

-My third thought is mostly for aesthetic reasons. I think it would be really cool to decorate around the main world a little more. Some examples of more decoration would be. If it's a forest area, add trees for as far as it looks good. A area that should be mountainous should have mountains. Maybe for some areas we know the climate/biome changes we work at changing the tree types surrounding the area, also changing the biome with world edit could be another way to express the change.

-In addition to the previous tree idea, we should also have full trees instead of the little ones we have. It would really make the map pop a lot more.

-NuclearKam0d0
For starters, creepers/endermans can't destory any part of the Kanto/Johto regions. I believe you are talking about the wild. We have a plugin that can disable creepers and endermans, but since we haven't enabled it, we will most likely not use it.

Second, all stores are owned by players (With some exceptions). They can set any price they want to for a store. I've seen some very cheap stores around spawn that new players can use for their needs. So in other words, admins can not make people set stores around spawn cheap. If a store owner was smart, they would make it cheap. But moving on...

Lastly, we are redoing almost every region currently. We are adding aesthetic features to the map on our build server. When the maps are finished on the build server, they will be transferred over to the PVP server. Just remember that we are making a replica of all of the Pokemon regions, not making them look better. We can defiantly add some things to spruce it up, but we need to keep it how it was intended.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:46:13 pm »

Its fun having to take that into account. Step up your survival skills a few notches.
99% of the shops on the server are player owned.
Theres a new map which'll have these things
Full tree?
-NuclearKam0d0

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:20:58 pm »
Thank you for keeping that really clean tene.