Author Topic: osu! An example video of how cool it is.  (Read 2935 times)

Colindeng2

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -4
  • The True Innovater
osu! An example video of how cool it is.
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:30:31 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdaZnQQAPqQ

For anyone who does not know what osu is look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osu!
For anyone who wants to know who this guy is, his name is cookiezi. Cookiezi is an 18 year old from South Korea who started playing osu! Standard in 2009. He was regarded as the best player of all time without much competition. Cookiezi used a tablet and a mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red) and constantly awed the community by his unbeatable aim, stamina and speed. In 2012, Cookiezi took a 6 month break from osu! (Starcraft II), came back for OWC #3 and won the final against Japan again.

His favorite mods included DT/HR. Also he disliked the mod HD. Some of his most notable achievements are Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman (Blue Dragon) with 99% accuracy using the mod HR and xi - FREEDOM DiVE (Nakagawa-Kanon) with just one Katu without any mod. FREEDOM DiVE is infamously regarded by many as impossible due to the amount of continuous streams and the 222BPM of the beatmap.

It is often rumored and hinted that Cookiezi was becoming more and more bored due to lack of competition. "rrtyui" and "Niko" are the only players who can even come close to competing with Cookiezi's scores although "rrtyui" does have a couple of ranks which are just as amazing as Cookiezi's.

Prior to getting banned, Cookiezi played casually; not as heavily as he used to, and logged on a few times a week; though he usually played in 3 hour sessions if he did. It is rumored that he wanted to stop playing because of his worsening eyesight.

If you want to try out playing osu look here: http://osu.ppy.sh/

Ad...

Colindeng2

• The True Innovater
Re: osu! An example video of how cool it is.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:20 am »
Just to say, there are a lot of easy beatmaps on this game. So don't worry if you feel like a noob. I still feel like one even today.

Heres a tutorial:
What's osu!? How to Download and Play osu!

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:43 am »
It's really a fun game. I used to play it loads, but nothing compared to my brother. (He's in the top 300)

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Colindeng2

• The True Innovater
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:00:08 am »
It's really a fun game. I used to play it loads, but nothing compared to my brother. (He's in the top 300)
:O