Author Topic: [Na.]Escape Rope  (Read 8171 times)

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -584
  • вιт’нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
[Na.]Escape Rope
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:46:05 am »
So, Since the server went down I started to code an escape rope plugin, im not amazing at java but I can do a bit! :)
The idea I had in hand was:
  • "/escape" to use the escape rope.
  • You would need 10 string.
  • When you type the command it will take 10 string from you and bring you back to the start of the cave?
  • How would this work? Well script block, before you enter the cave the sb command will do this:
  • ./sbwalkcreate @bypass /sethome escaperope
  • Then when the player walks into the cave it will set there home there. This is a bypass so they shouldn't be able to reset that home.
  • Then when the player is stuck in the cave then will do /escape and the command will run taking away 10 string and tping them to the start of the cave!
  • Other info: /spawn, /tpa, /tpahere, /tp, and other tp commands should be disabled in the caves! Or else there is no point of this plugin.
  • I have started coding this plugin and it might take time so bare with me :)
-Shane, enjoy !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:20:48 pm by Shane »
му ιgη ιѕ: ιмנυѕтвαυѕѕ «3
ιм α ƒυ’кιηg ѕqυιятℓє - ι нανє ѕєт тωσ ƒσяυм тяєη∂ѕ؟  - тнє ρσкє-ℓι’к αναтαя! - тυмвℓя gιƒѕ

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: [Coding]Escape Rope
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:49:38 am »
This

seems like it could work. Although will trainers be able to use /home escaperope without the string? I'm not too sure on the permissions there.

Rigby

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:56:47 am »
I love the whole idea of the plugin, so I'm still trying to decide if I love your signature or your plugin more.

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • вιт’нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:57:51 am »
I love the whole idea of the plugin, so I'm still trying to decide if I love your signature or your plugin more.
<3
ιм α ƒυ’кιηg ѕqυιятℓє - ι нανє ѕєт тωσ ƒσяυм тяєη∂ѕ؟  - тнє ρσкє-ℓι’к αναтαя! - тυмвℓя gιƒѕ

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:02:11 am »

тєηє αη∂ xєηνz ^^

:3

Is it possible to add negative permissions for a specific sethome in essentials?
e.g. -essentials.home.escaperope
Would that work?

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 10:37:02 am »
Add me to your signature ImJustBauss. :DDD

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • вιт’нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:45:46 am »
Haha,  you need to beh noticed by me :3 and beh nice to meh :)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »
So, Since the server went down I started to code an escape rope plugin, im not amazing at java but I can do a bit! :)
The idea I had in hand was:
  • When you type the command it will take 10 string from you and bring you back to the start of the cave?
  • How would this work? Well script block, before you enter the cave the sb command will do this:
  • Then when the player walks into the cave it will set there home there. This is a bypass so they shouldn't be able to reset that home.
  • Then when the player is stuck in the cave then will do /escape and the command will run taking away 10 string and tping them to the start of the cave!
  • Other info: /spawn, /tpa, /tpahere, /tp, and other tp commands should be disabled in the caves! Or else there is no point of this plugin.
  • I have started coding this plugin and it might take time so bare with me :)
-Shane, enjoy !

Shoot down an idea?

which opening, some have more than 3

we have scriptblock, no plugin coding needed

overriding the original player home, or throwing an error because they can't set more than X (rank dependant) No one would enter a cave for fear of losing their bank, their base, their house, etc

@bypass simply says "do this without regard for permissions when the @player runs the command. it has no effect on their ability to use a command afterwards.

I could do this with ModDamage.

there may be if they want to go to the start of the cave and not a warp or a different sethome

Because we do already have ScriptBlock, the only "coding" any plugin would need to do is an alias for /escape (which, again, I could have done with ModDamage, and I didn't already due to the flaws in the /home section)

So whats the rating? Did I break enough hearts this time? Was I c0ld enough?
Now.........
Now if you mean make the plugin, then I'd say hook into worldguard and check the region name. If the region name is one with preset location(s) then when the rope is used, tp that player to the nearest location defined for that region name. If the player isnt in a rope-location-defined region, do nothing. Sure the admins would have to
/escaperope set unioncave1 unioncave
/escaperope set [location] [cave/forest regionName]
for every cave entrance, and for every cave, but if it gets the idea to work, I like it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:16:07 pm by 1cec0ld »

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »
I could make the plugin with worldguard but the API really sucks.

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • вιт’нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »
How about this:
  • They right click with the string in there hand? and takes away from the string from it?
  • D': Yesh you were c0ld nuff. :l

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • вιт’нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 04:18:35 pm »
So, I guess ./thead. :(

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 04:19:35 pm »
Right click string: Check W/G Regions
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »
I could make the plugin with worldguard but the API really sucks.

You don't have to use WorldGuard, if you know a predefined way to check

If loc < ymax and loc > ymin and loc < xmax and etc etc etc for an area that we can add...

Jotr123

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:14:14 am »
ikr.

Force is meaningless without skill.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:45:55 am »
You don't have to use WorldGuard, if you know a predefined way to check

If loc < ymax and loc > ymin and loc < xmax and etc etc etc for an area that we can add...

Haha, that's so cheap.