Poll

What is this server's fate?

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I completely agree. We aren't going to last.
14 (28%)
Some of what you said was true, but the server won't lose hope.
11 (22%)
I'm sure the server will be fine, but it's never going to be the same as it used to be.
13 (26%)
Bullshit. We're doing great and always will.
8 (16%)
I don't want to get involved in this. The admins have to make the call.
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Was this the outcome we wanted?  (Read 26437 times)

Duckox

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -20
  • Never again shall they under-estimate Uncle Quack.
Was this the outcome we wanted?
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:50:33 pm »
So... I've been thinking a lot lately. Has our community been torn apart? I believe so.

The pvp server was a lovely place to be, with the traditional pvp using swords, axes and bows. We had Teams, gymleader ranks, stats and badges to make our pvp skill stand out. I hate to say it, but I think those days are gone.

I blame the Pixelmon Server.

A number of you are likely to disagree, but really think. Somewhere along the line, we were torn apart. This forum is the only thing keeping us together. You may not want to hear this, but be honest. Pixelmon has gotten really boring, and we can't return to our old server because we've moved on.

I'm not saying that the new server is to blame for those who have recently left, because they have school and stuff. What I'm saying is that it's only a matter of time before the remaining number of us go our separate ways.

Pixelmon was supposed to be a gift, but after a few weeks of excitement, we should be able to admit that it isn't going to ever replace the pvp server.

"Replace? What an odd word to use, considering the pvp server still exists." It still exists on the outside, but it really doesn't on the inside.

Those who couldn't download Pixelmon have been swept away be the loneliness of the empty pvp server. There are inbetweeners, like me who only go on to stop yourself timing out from your house, or log on hoping desperately for a familiar face.

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this. If the admins feel this is the wrong section to put this in, move it. I couldn't really put this in the pvp server or pixelmon section specifically because this is to do with both, and general discussion is for unrelated things.

The admins who don't already hate me are going to hate me when they read this:
The golden days of the pokemon server are gone.

Please be honest and agree with me. Deep inside you know I'm right. I think you may be to afraid to admit it. It is only a matter of time before this server is shut down.

Ad...

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
Re: Was this the outcome we wanted?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:55 pm »

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:47:49 pm »
agreed. ever since the pixelmon server went up, the pvp server kinda died. I miss the days we had wars at spawn but now you be lucky to have more then 5 people on. I still see some of the people who still come on but they never stay on long or just go away and get kicked by console and never come back on cause the server did not have the flare it did when I first joined. I suggest we get one day where we try and get everyone to come back on and hopefully that might bring back some of former members of the server. kinda of like a group gathering or something. if this works they might start coming back and maybe it will not be like the golden days but make it so it's a fun place to be rather then a random pvp server with no one on it.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:11:58 pm »
Tl;dr: Pixelmon server tore us apart and the good old days are gone.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

idracoghost

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »
Every one is just playing league now ....
-former viridian leader twice
-former cinnabar leader
-unova builder

-former saffron gymleader

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »
or maybe it's because it's fall and a lot of people have started school and are sort of caught up with schoolwork?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:41:55 pm »
or maybe it's because it's fall and a lot of people have started school and are sort of caught up with schoolwork?

^^^

Nick608

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -1
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 09:38:02 am »
I can't always get on because i have school problems. So its not really because of the pixelmon server the servers(The pixelmon and the Pvp servers) can get pretty busy during the weekends because thats when they get time to relax.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:39:33 am by Nick608 »

Duckox

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 11:12:03 am »
If you read what I said, I didn't say the Pixelmon server was responsible for the leaves, I said it will be responsible for the future leaves.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 11:35:14 am »
The admins who don't already hate me are going to hate me when they read this:
The golden days of the pokemon server are gone.

Just saying, for a lot of the 'original' players of the server, the golden days were back n 2011, for me the golden days were early 2012. Its all dependant on when you joined.

Take thort for example (extreme case). The server is completely different now than when he played. It probably changed a lot since then to when I joined.

Point being, server is doing fine, its in a bit of an inactive stage as it gets from time to time. It won't be shut down, not until Minecraft loses popularity at the very least.

Pixelmon may have 'torn' the community a bit, but for now the real 'culprit' is time.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 11:59:49 am »
I think he's kinda right. I almost left because I started playing on the Pixelmon server and now I feel like I don't want to play on either server now.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »
I think he's kinda right. I almost left because I started playing on the Pixelmon server and now I feel like I don't want to play on either server now.

And for what reason?

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 01:16:07 pm »
And for what reason?
Just got bored of it.  Switching to Pixelmon made me want to play with the mod and because I played with it on for so long I started to not the PvP server and then I got bored of THAT server and I just wish the Pixelmon server never came out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 01:20:02 pm »
Just got bored of it.  Switching to Pixelmon made me want to play with the mod and because I played with it on for so long I started to not the PvP server and then I got bored of THAT server and I just wish the Pixelmon server never came out.

That was confusing, but simple solution, stop playing Pixelmon?

Duckox

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 01:23:10 pm »
Let me just make a point here. There are a lot of people who want to leave but feel like they shouldn't because they love us. Admins hate those who make loads of comments about threatening to quit and not quitting. I think if the emptiness continues, I'll be leaving myself.
(Don't moan, it isn't in a new topic.)