Poll

What is this server's fate?

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I completely agree. We aren't going to last.
14 (28%)
Some of what you said was true, but the server won't lose hope.
11 (22%)
I'm sure the server will be fine, but it's never going to be the same as it used to be.
13 (26%)
Bullshit. We're doing great and always will.
8 (16%)
I don't want to get involved in this. The admins have to make the call.
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Was this the outcome we wanted?  (Read 26543 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Was this the outcome we wanted?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2013, 02:00:45 am »

When I first joined I managed to past some of the people with huge stats in some stats, in a year and some people have levels that already went over the maximum power the stats can be. Also its not all about levels, you can still be good if you have good skills at stuff.

No matter how good you are, 4 hits from an unarmed veteran and you're dead, whereas the untrained player would need to deal 5 times as many hits to do the same damage. Hit blindly and it wont be hard to kill someone.

Ad...

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2013, 02:49:14 am »
But it's really really hard.
You have a valid point but the people that got those stats worked for it. All the recent complaints on the topic seem to state that the current people with the huge stats/balances/etc. didn't face the same hardships the newer player of today do.  Those who are now considered 'old players' weren't always. When I joined everyone around me had heaps of great gear and stats at I couldn't match up to but I continued on training and such where I could until I got to where I am today. Yes, it's hard and can be seen as unfair but the people who have these great stats worked for them under similar conditions to the new players of today.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

GeoWhiz

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Unknown command. Press "1" for more options.
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 08:36:13 am »
You have a valid point but the people that got those stats worked for it. All the recent complaints on the topic seem to state that the current people with the huge stats/balances/etc. didn't face the same hardships the newer player of today do.  Those who are now considered 'old players' weren't always. When I joined everyone around me had heaps of great gear and stats at I couldn't match up to but I continued on training and such where I could until I got to where I am today. Yes, it's hard and can be seen as unfair but the people who have these great stats worked for them under similar conditions to the new players of today.
I'm just saying that when a player looks at the McMmo stats, many of them probably feel they are astronomical, and don't even give it a shot. Then they leave, and never return.
Current Gym Badges: Soul Badge, Earth Badge, Marsh Badge, & Thunder Badge
Current Power Level: 2682
Current Power Level Rank: 116
Current Gym Leader of Cinnabar

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:01 am »
Then we don't want them here. Sorry but we all went through the same struggles as they will (well maybe not Tene...). Personally it isn't fair for the vets to do anything to the stats. Sure most of them would stay and the newer players would have a chance but honestly the vets will super train and be right back up to reasonably high stats within a month or so. Just sayin...
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

GeoWhiz

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2013, 08:54:17 am »
Then we don't want them here. Sorry but we all went through the same struggles as they will (well maybe not Tene...). Personally it isn't fair for the vets to do anything to the stats. Sure most of them would stay and the newer players would have a chance but honestly the vets will super train and be right back up to reasonably high stats within a month or so. Just sayin...
What if we
1) Waited until the maps were done
2) Reset
3) Advertise
Then everyone trains at about the same time, so at least they go on the server.

As KJ said "It took me a year...". Players don't want that, at least make everyone somewhat-close.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »
I see we have found the root of the problem. It seems to be the problem with most societies today. That is that people want something for nothing. Interesting. So because you are starting a game years after someone else they must be set back to zero because you don't want to try so hard to be better than them. Is that it? I mean yeah I like getting stuff super easy but in this case I just don't see the logic. I mean if you aren't willing to put the effort into the game now to get your stats up what says you are going to try once everything is reset? The people with high stats don't have them because they have been on longer. They have them because they are committed to the game and want to be the very best! Now call me crazy but I think the problem here is just a huge bout of laziness. I mean I am seeing lots of people playing on the server now. Why would we want to start completely over as a community? I vote we get the new maps done. Clear out all the inactive player stats and advertise. The people will come regardless of the other players stats if they really want to play. We don't want players that want a free ride. We are looking for dedicated players who don't fuss about having to do lots of training to be the best!

If any of you are offended...TO BAD! I don't care because I don't want to hear all the whining about people being too strong. You didn't have to deal with all the people who used donating to get stats. Do you even know what a roll back is? You all just need to suck it up, find a friend, and get training!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:07:45 pm by Warmonger_2 »
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

GeoWhiz

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2013, 02:10:22 pm »
I see we have found the root of the problem. It seems to be the problem with most societies today. That is that people want something for nothing. Interesting. So because you are starting a game years after someone else they must be set back to zero because you don't want to try so hard to be better than them. Is that it? I mean yeah I like getting stuff super easy but in this case I just don't see the logic. I mean if you aren't willing to put the effort into the game now to get your stats up what says you are going to try once everything is reset? The people with high stats don't have them because they have been on longer. They have them because they are committed to the game and want to be the very best! Now call me crazy but I think the problem here is just a huge bout of laziness. I mean I am seeing lots of people playing on the server now. Why would we want to start completely over as a community? I vote we get the new maps done. Clear out all the inactive player stats and advertise. The people will come regardless of the other players stats if they really want to play. We don't want players that want a free ride. We are looking for dedicated players who don't fuss about having to do lots of training to be the best!

If any of you are offended...TO BAD! I don't care because I don't want to hear all the whining about people being too strong. You didn't have to deal with all the people who used donating to get stats. Do you even know what a roll back is? You all just need to suck it up, find a friend, and get training!

What exactly will the new maps do?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2013, 05:54:23 pm »

What exactly will the new maps do?

Fix lag, look better, open more opportunities.

GeoWhiz

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »
Fix lag, look better, open more opportunities.
Ahh, I see.