Poll

Do we need more staff?

No
3 (9.4%)
Yes
29 (90.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: [deleted]  (Read 18236 times)

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 2
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War. - Plato
Re: Staff. Now.
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 10:16:41 pm »
And from what I just red Tene your not asking us how we ended up finding the table. If you just try you will find that you can trust even Xenvz. We all do things to fool around and to just joke around with people. Honestly from what I heard from Xenvz and Donut that the person who teleported everyone on at that time was DjScorsy. So honestly next time just ask us because we are all willing to give you the information you ask for. Some members of the community just want to do our best to improve the server and do what is needed to help this server grow.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:22:44 pm by Darth225 »

Ad...

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:38 pm »

So what happened to the weekly community meetings? The ones that there was only one of. I would definitely be willing to participate in these, but as only Prod stayed through the whole thing, you weren't there, and it was mostly rambling by Rewas, the first one's failure didn't cause many to want another one. I recommend the admins work out a suitable time between themselves and those willing to make suggestions at said meeting. I might actually be inclined to promote people if they didn't give away locations of things that are supposed to be kept secret, spread exploits to gain pokemon and such, and basically tried to find every way around each preventative measure set up. If these somewhat petty issues are the reason staff isn't being promoted, that's a big issue. If you want people to learn and not reveal the work bench, exploit glitches, or jump out of the map, simply warn them that if they want mod or don't want some sort of punishment, they shouldn't be doing things like this. Also, with mods, they can enforce rules against these kinds of things.

liquidvamp

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 11:16:13 pm »

So what happened to the weekly community meetings? The ones that there was only one of. I might actually be inclined to promote people if they didn't give away locations of things that are supposed to be kept secret, spread exploits to gain pokemon and such, and basically tried to find every way around each preventative measure set up.

this is what i try to enforce to be honest with you, but no one cares to listen to me saying anything because im not mod. they try to argue with me telling me that it isn't against the rules. which i tell them it is and they then proceed to ignore me. i do my best to try and help prevent the explotations but it doesnt nessicarilary work. im trying to help with what i can when i can as i have always tryed to do!

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »
If these somewhat petty issues are the reason staff isn't being promoted, that's a big issue. If you want people to learn and not reveal the work bench, exploit glitches, or jump out of the map, simply warn them that if they want mod or don't want some sort of punishment, they shouldn't be doing things like this. Also, with mods, they can enforce rules against these kinds of things.

More than just that. But a mod should know whats right and whats not. If they don't know that, then they obviously aren't right for the job.

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 11:33:15 pm »

More than just that. But a mod should know whats right and whats not. If they don't know that, then they obviously aren't right for the job.

Very true. But, even though most candidates have flaws, the ones you referred to can be fixed. The most suitable people willing to take the position should be promoted, as we do need mods.  Back to the meetings, what is your viewpoint on that? Do you think a community meeting would be a good idea? Because honestly, I don't see it doing much besides just causing arguments and rambling.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 12:01:19 am »
Very true. But, even though most candidates have flaws, the ones you referred to can be fixed. The most suitable people willing to take the position should be promoted, as we do need mods.  Back to the meetings, what is your viewpoint on that? Do you think a community meeting would be a good idea? Because honestly, I don't see it doing much besides just causing arguments and rambling.

Maybe if you decided to have the meeting somewhere easily accessible, and at a time that everyone can be on. It can now be done directly on forums.

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 12:04:27 am »
Maybe if you decided to have the meeting somewhere easily accessible, and at a time that everyone can be on. It can now be done directly on forums.

A forums meeting sounds great to me. Now we need to solidify a time/date. 

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 03:20:40 am »

A forums meeting sounds great to me. Now we need to solidify a time/date.
Can I recommend Saturday afternoons (any American time) as that'll be Sunday morning for Australians, which means both countries can attend this time.

Friday afternoon/Saturday morning would also work but is less convenient for those who have full time jobs and only get Sunday off.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:41:17 am by sharkfin1997 »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 2
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War. - Plato
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 08:33:13 am »
From what I've seen the people in the Community who like this server have been trying to get these problems fixed, but as liquid said the new players say that giving the location of the work bench isn't against the rules which if you want to be technical it isn't, it doesn't state in the rules that giving out that location is against the rules, so you might want to add that.
The rules of the server that the new players see are.
[1] Be Respectful.
[2] Be Ethnical.
[3] Use Common Sense.
These are the technical rules of this server.

Honestly I know I've been being an asshole on the forums because of this situation but Tene you need to understand where Liquid, Donut, Xenvz and myself are coming from on this, we are each on everyday we are there to play then when the rules start getting broken we try to stop it, but no one listens to us because we don't have the Moderator or Admin Title.

Here is a picture of something that just happened when I got onto the server 7:30am Central Standard Time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:39:05 am by Darth225 »

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:27 am »
I thought being out of the map was fine. I see now harm in going out of the map because alot of the high level Pokemon are easier to find there.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:09 am »
Can I recommend Saturday afternoons (any American time) as that'll be Sunday morning for Australians, which means both countries can attend this time.

Friday afternoon/Saturday morning would also work but is less convenient for those who have full time jobs and only get Sunday off.

I've already told donut my plans, but weekends are out for me.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 11:46:20 am »
More admins stepping down, and even the players showing aggression to he admin now? Sure, admins have a life outside of the server, and sometimes our daily lives don't allow us the time to play or be a big part of the community anymore. But guys, every admin,mod and player has something to do outside this server. Rising up against the admins get you no where, it may just pressure them into making a horrible split second decision. And to be completely honest, if I was an admin, and saw how you're calling out admins and others, I wouldn't really be inclined to promote people with such behavior. Envy, if you worded the first post better, I'm very sure more people would take it seriously. And to Donut, Darth, and everyone else who has showed impatience, just stop. If you keep flaming the people actually in power, this community will fall and so will the server. Right now, we need to be as friendly as possible, and social as possible. To wrap things up, this will probably be my last post on this topic, so guys; lay off the admins back just a little bit so they have some breathing room, and admins, take your time with promotion, trust and knowing the person is better than promoting someone you don't know too well, personality wise.

Okbye
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Envz

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 01:03:35 pm »
More admins stepping down, and even the players showing aggression to he admin now? Sure, admins have a life outside of the server, and sometimes our daily lives don't allow us the time to play or be a big part of the community anymore. But guys, every admin,mod and player has something to do outside this server. Rising up against the admins get you no where, it may just pressure them into making a horrible split second decision. And to be completely honest, if I was an admin, and saw how you're calling out admins and others, I wouldn't really be inclined to promote people with such behavior. Envy, if you worded the first post better, I'm very sure more people would take it seriously. And to Donut, Darth, and everyone else who has showed impatience, just stop. If you keep flaming the people actually in power, this community will fall and so will the server. Right now, we need to be as friendly as possible, and social as possible. To wrap things up, this will probably be my last post on this topic, so guys; lay off the admins back just a little bit so they have some breathing room, and admins, take your time with promotion, trust and knowing the person is better than promoting someone you don't know too well, personality wise.

Okbye

I'm just going to be honest and start off by saying that you have no place to talk here, considering you were last seen on the pixelmon almost a year ago. You don't understand the severity of this problem and the inactivity of the admins. To keep it simple and honest,

the admins don't care about the players.

they will get on and try to make the community solve their own problems. They don't help us at all or take our ideas. Mio was the only one who did this, but since she didn't have the time to get on and is now resigned, we are left with two careless admins who don't give a fuck about us.

We are calling out the admins because of how little they care about the community. I'm being honest when I say that. They need us to schedule meetings for them, try to make us solve our own problems, and are not going to give any consideration into this considering Prod is gone for the next week. I don't know how this server is going to go on, there is no moderation or care for players, which makes people hate the server and leave forever. All Prod does when he gets on is fuck around and maybe help a bit here and there. Tene is amazing coder and is a great builder, but is not a great people person who represents our server well. You guys need to sort stuff out, fast, if you want anything to happen with this server.

Don't be mad at me for this post, I'm just stating the brutal and honest truth because I care about this server.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:07:54 pm by Envz »

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »
Envy, you are right, i have no place to talk among the people on the pixelmon server, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude to people. If they don't give a fuck about the players, why do you voice your opinions on here? If you think the admins won't do anything, don't expect this topic to change it. And restating what i said before; try saying things in a calmer tone, believe me, it gets you places faster than how you are taking on the problem now.

The server is nothing without its admins and players. If both can't live with each others flaws, then whats the point of it all?
I can see that, yes, your best interest is the strength and survival of this server, but venting your frustration here, won't help us move forward. I believe that people like you, would be able to change the server as a whole. But taking it in a different tone helps you build followers that agree with your point of view. Lets try to talk this out together like comrades!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:31:45 pm by AxZeroCrypt »
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Envz

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »
Envy, you are right, i have no place to talk among the people on the pixelmon server, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude to people. If they don't give a fuck about the players, why do you voice your opinions on here? If you think the admins won't do anything, don't expect this topic to change it. And restating what i said before; try saying things in a calmer tone, believe me, it gets you places faster than how you are taking on the problem now.

How could I have made my post calmer? Like I said, I stated the brutal and honest truth the best way I could. If I came off like that I didn't mean to.

The point of voicing my opinion here is to get the players on our side and to have them voice their own opinions. When we have everyone speaking out against them, they will be forced to change. If you cannot speak your opinion out and voted, you shouldn't have.